xbl is very anti social.. there needs to be a forced game chat

Discus and support xbl is very anti social.. there needs to be a forced game chat in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; [quote user="o FayZ x"] @ you heard of a mute function? it's amazing! [/quote] Well duh.. but why would I stay in a squad with a muted person? jst... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DuFFuL, Jan 2, 2014.

1. tohellnbak
    tohellnbak Guest

[quote user="o FayZ x"]

@ you heard of a mute function? it's amazing!

[/quote]

Well duh.. but why would I stay in a squad with a muted person? jst leave to another squad.. or go back into my party... shall I mention that usually my party consists of people in the same game?? IE BF4

tohellnbak, Jan 2, 2014
  2. voteDC
    voteDC Guest
    [quote user="o FayZ x"]@tohellnbak you heard of a mute function? it's amazing![/quote]It got a lot of use from me.

In the end though when I ended up muting half the lobby, including some of those on my own team, it became easier to just unplug my mic or sit in a Party with people I actually like talking with.

Being asked such charming questions as what animals my mother intimately enjoys and the charming talent of inserting the F word after every syllable made me woeful of entering an online game with the charming Xbox LIVE community.

Perhaps I've just been amazingly unlucky with folk on LIVE. It's people that I've met through the forum that I've had the best online experiences with.

voteDC, Jan 2, 2014
  3. Klokkwork
    Klokkwork Guest
    I think a lot of these games should just get rid of the idea of global voice chat. If anything, make it environmental chat, so only people near you in game can hear you. They hear you better up close, when you're facing each other, and you can get an idea
    of where someone is hiding if you hear them mutter something. If players must communicate over long distances, give them radios that work environmentally, so maybe you can hear one side of someone's conversation as their character is speaking into an earpiece.
    Make communication a function of the game, not the system, and maybe that would breathe some fresh novelty into it. Imagine leaving a radio behind a dumpster as a decoy, luring the enemy seeking you out so you can sneak up on them. Leave the traditional
    global chat for the lobbies.

Klokkwork, Jan 2, 2014
  4. xbl is very anti social.. there needs to be a forced game chat

[quote user="o FayZ x"] i hate anti social gamers, they should just play offline with bots, part of why i prefer xbl is the community but party chat & anti social gamers are ruining the experience[/quote]

You`re new aren`t you?

THEOWENKILLER, Jan 2, 2014
  5. jaihawk
    jaihawk Guest
    [quote user="Azrael008uk"]
    [quote user="TruthReveal3d"]Degenerate behavior killed it. Party chat was a way to get people to put the mics BACK ON. [/quote]

People tend to reap what they sow and if all you got was a pile of ear-ache and abuse online chances are it was funny when you did it to someone else but couldn't take it when it got directed back at you.

Party chat killed online gaming.

At least the ONE is bringing a new generation of gamers that actually came to play and do speak.

Some people are jerks and act like it in chat. That's what the mute function is for.

What a shame to miss out on making new friends online because you've written off everyone you don't konw as not worth speaking to.

[/quote] The shame is the real reason why people don't want to use it anymore. The fact I can't make any more xbox live friends by not using the mic does trouble me down to my very core. Xbox live friends are the essence of life itself.

jaihawk, Jan 2, 2014
  6. Epic Louie
    Epic Louie Guest
    I rarely have my mic plugged in. I don't want to chat with people I don't know. The only time I use a mic is when I'm playing with friends. I prefer chatting with friends in a party.

Epic Louie, Jan 2, 2014
  7. [quote user="voteDC"]

[quote user="o FayZ x"]@tohellnbak you heard of a mute function? it's amazing![/quote]It got a lot of use from me.

In the end though when I ended up muting half the lobby, including some of those on my own team, it became easier to just unplug my mic or sit in a Party with people I actually like talking with.

Being asked such charming questions as what animals my mother intimately enjoys and the charming talent of inserting the F word after every syllable made me woeful of entering an online game with the charming Xbox LIVE community.

Perhaps I've just been amazingly unlucky with folk on LIVE. It's people that I've met through the forum that I've had the best online experiences with.

[/quote]I have to agree with VoteDC. My experiences over live haven't been the best where game chat was involved. As anyone can see, later CoD titles are not in my played games history, and there were still scum in game chat in the games that I did play
    in when I was competitively playing (Halo 3 for example, tho old example) and even in games like Mass Effect 3. I got tired of listening to very young sounding kids fighting over who was going to play next, listening to a fan that was sitting too close their
    kinect sensor, others thinking it was their big moment on American Idol and sing LOUDLY into the mic, the list goes on and on with oddities and just plain annoyances in game chat.

OP I sympathize with your position, but like VoteDC, I got tired of muting more than half of the players in every single game I got in. I got to the point to where it was either use party chat and talk with friends, or not chat at all over live. I chose the
    former.

SparkStormrider, Jan 2, 2014
  8. BongKaos
    BongKaos Guest

Yeah, I agree with the OP. We should be forced to listen to more people that forgot the Kinect mike was plugged in......

BongKaos, Jan 2, 2014
  9. [quote user="BongKaos"]

Yeah, I agree with the OP. We should be forced to listen to more people that forgot the Kinect mike was plugged in......

[/quote]

I really hope you were being sarcastic. Because I don't want to be forced to listen to someone on kinect while there's is plug in... One time I was playing happy wars. And I could hear the family from the background while I was playing. The kinect mic shouldn't
    even be used for gaming.. It's annoying, the gameplay effects it, I hear everyones echos.

addictgaming360, Jan 2, 2014
  10. BongKaos
    BongKaos Guest
    And the OP wants forced chat..... Seems like it already is......... xbl is very anti social.. there needs to be a forced game chat :)

BongKaos, Jan 2, 2014
  11. Dave Eckert
    Dave Eckert Guest
    I can almost kinda agree that PartyChats did rather Kill the whole social chat aspect in gaming, while at the same ime I also agree that it's the individuals filling the community inappropriately as well. Now I might know exactly
    how they go about remedying this type of thing, but perhaps what they should've done is set the ssytem for both headsets and Kinect 2, have mandatory 1 time set-up
    before you can connect with others for chat so that the system can listen and run scenarios in order to determine what's proper and what's inapporpriate, sort of a system (that can also progressively learn to) to identify what's what and then perhaps
    auto-filter/auto-mute it out until such behavior has been minimalized. The reason I suggest this is that while forced game chat would be the aim to bring back social chat, it's not entirely fair to force people to talk to people they don't want to, which
    again I hate to agree with others, is the reason the mute function exists, rather than everybody making exccuses and feeling forced to aleviate the possabilities via Party Chat. I honestly think the OP has a point here; Heading into an online game and searching for
    people to play vs is no different than going out to whatever social scene you desire to have a good time as long as it's appropriately suitable especially concerning of age, so we should all be more accepting of the consequences of our own decisions or actions regardless
    of good or bad. Nobody anywhere is/or ever should be of any exception.

Dave Eckert, Jan 2, 2014
  12. [quote user="EvilTwinGX"]

I can almost kinda agree that PartyChats did rather Kill the whole social chat aspect in gaming, while at the same ime I also agree that it's the individuals filling the community inappropriately as well. Now I might know exactly
    how they go about remedying this type of thing, but perhaps what they should've done is set the ssytem for both headsets and Kinect 2, have mandatory 1 time set-up
    before you can connect with others for chat so that the system can listen and run scenarios in order to determine what's proper and what's inapporpriate, sort of a system (that can also progressively learn to) to identify what's what and then perhaps
    auto-filter/auto-mute it out until such behavior has been minimalized. The reason I suggest this is that while forced game chat would be the aim to bring back social chat, it's not entirely fair to force people to talk to people they don't want to, which
    again I hate to agree with others, is the reason the mute function exists, rather than everybody making exccuses and feeling forced to aleviate the possabilities via Party Chat. I honestly think the OP has a point here; Heading into an online game and searching for
    people to play vs is no different than going out to whatever social scene you desire to have a good time as long as it's appropriately suitable especially concerning of age, so we should all be more accepting of the consequences of our own decisions or actions regardless

[/quote]When I first started with xbox live with my 360, gamer chat was sort of different than from what it started to become as more and more members join live. Gamer chat was going down hill (imo) before party chat came out. I do believe that party
    chat was the final nail in the coffin for gamer chat however, and for the reasons that I have already stated above.

MS can put all the special algorithms they like in for Kinect, and other ways to chat over Live, but that doesn't address the source of the problem, and that is how people treat each other. People simply get tired of the same old smack talk, the same old trash
    over and over. So in a way, MS created a "way out" so that people could still play multiplayer and talk to the people that they wanted, assuming they wanted to talk at all or had a mic.

Also judging by what I see in the suspensions forums people don't fully understand what they agree to when they hit "I accept" to the terms of xbox live use. If they did, they wouldn't be posting inquiries about why they were banned for cursing over chat.
    It's there in black and white under their terms. So I think it might be safe to say that people have a hard time knowing what is "appropriately suitable...".

SparkStormrider, Jan 2, 2014
  13. Dave Eckert
    Dave Eckert Guest

[quote user="SparkStormrider"]

[quote user="EvilTwinGX"]

[/quote]When I first started with xbox live with my 360, gamer chat was sort of different than from what it started to become as more and more members join live. Gamer chat was going down hill (imo) before party chat came out. I do believe that party
    chat was the final nail in the coffin for gamer chat however, and for the reasons that I have already stated above.

MS can put all the special algorithms they like in for Kinect, and other ways to chat over Live, but that doesn't address the source of the problem, and that is how people treat each other. People simply get tired of the
    same old smack talk, the same old trash over and over. So in a way, MS created a "way out" so that people could still play multiplayer and talk to the people that they wanted, assuming they wanted to talk at all or had a mic.

Also judging by what I see in the suspensions forums people don't fully understand what they agree to when they hit "I accept" to the terms of xbox live use. If they did, they wouldn't be posting inquiries about why they were banned for cursing over chat.
    It's there in black and white under their terms. So I think it might be safe to say that people have a hard time knowing what is "appropriately suitable...".

[/quote]How do you figure? perhaps if Micro$oft actually tried invoking such algorithms, yeah people may be inclined and start trolling those in the process of ranting or whatever once they noticed and point out they've been
    temporarily cut off, but eventually the majority of the community will likely catch on and have to accept it just like everybody else, complain about ir, whatever, unil it's to the civil pioint where people trolling others in such a manner really isn't a thing
    anymore because they're subjectable to the exact same terms.

Dave Eckert, Jan 2, 2014
  14. I have to disagree 100% on this issue. People ruined the social aspect of x-box live. I have not been in game chat for over 4 years because of people. I even turn party chat on while i'm playing alone. People are obnoxious as hell online. I realize that
    you can mute players that are being a disturbance but it is so common that I don't even bother. Very rarely have I found that people are helpful in games. I have learned that if you want to have a social life on x-box live it has to be done in a party with
    your friends.

BiologicalBill, Jan 2, 2014
  15. [quote user="EvilTwinGX"]

[quote user=""]

[quote user="EvilTwinGX"]

MS can put all the special algorithms they like in for Kinect, and other ways to chat over Live, but that doesn't address the source of the problem, and that is how people treat each other. People simply get tired of the
    same old smack talk, the same old trash over and over. So in a way, MS created a "way out" so that people could still play multiplayer and talk to the people that they wanted, assuming they wanted to talk at all or had a mic.

[/quote]How do you figure? perhaps if Micro$oft actually tried invoking such algorithms, yeah people may be inclined and start trolling those in the process of ranting or whatever once they noticed and point out they've been
    temporarily cut off, but eventually the majority of the community will likely catch on and have to accept it just like everybody else, complain about ir, whatever, unil it's to the civil pioint where people trolling others in such a manner really isn't a thing
    anymore because they're subjectable to the exact same terms.

[/quote]Because people have been banned for offensive chatter and yet they create new tags, make them gold accounts and do it all over again. And my sources for this info is right here in the forums where people have stated that they have done just that.
    And again it's there in the Terms of Use, they shouldn't have to put special algorithms in place. You break the rules, you are punished. You try and put new systems in place, rather than complying with it, people will simply try to find ways around it.

SparkStormrider, Jan 3, 2014
Thema:

1. xbl is very anti social.. there needs to be a forced game chat - Similar Threads - xbl very anti

2. You'll need a new app to open this ms-xbl-multiplayer link

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    You'll need a new app to open this ms-xbl-multiplayer link: Hello all, I've been recently having issues with playing xbox games with my friends. They would send me on invite, and I would receive a notification that they have invited me to join. However,...
  3. Get an app to open this ms-xbl-multiplayer link

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Get an app to open this ms-xbl-multiplayer link: I'm been trying to play minecraft with my friend but I have a laptop and they both have pc and an Xbox and I when I get an invite to play with then it keep say "Get an app to open this...
  4. how fixing sorry,but this xbl Account has already been associated with another Epic Games...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how fixing sorry,but this xbl Account has already been associated with another Epic Games...: jjhjjjujjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj 10ec4a74-f10e-4fc0-95c2-28b27cddff6f
  5. "You'll need a new app to open this ms-xbl-multiplayer"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "You'll need a new app to open this ms-xbl-multiplayer": Whenever my friend will invite me, (theyre on xbox) i keep getting this message: "You'll need a new app to open this ms-xbl-multiplayer", and it would take me to roblox but say im not able to...
  6. How to get the Xbox App to recognise Steam Apps that can open ms-xbl-multiplayer links

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to get the Xbox App to recognise Steam Apps that can open ms-xbl-multiplayer links: I just recently fully reset my PC and reinstalled Windows 10 Pro. I reinstalled Steam and the Xbox App as well as the Xbox console companion. I also installed Sea of Thieves on Steam, since this...
  7. Can't open ms-xbl-multiplayer link Flight Sim 40th

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't open ms-xbl-multiplayer link Flight Sim 40th: Hello, I have the steam edition and my friend plays on pc through xbox app. I have logged into microsoft account already and have gamebar but can't join. Please help!...
  8. ms-xbl-multiplayer link process app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    ms-xbl-multiplayer link process app: Windows 11 22H2 22621.2134. Xbox & Xbox GameBar & Xbox Live = latest from ms-store. Reinstall or downgrade all this apps not helped. GameBar xbox: connect to friend in any game and got not...
  9. Xbox Seried S,connected to internet, XBL does not see it

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Seried S,connected to internet, XBL does not see it: Wireless connection XBOX Series S. Run internet test says connected. However, the Xbox live services are not seeing the connection and says I am offline. Which is crazy because the internet...
  10. You'll need a new app to open this ms-xbl-multiplayer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    You'll need a new app to open this ms-xbl-multiplayer: I have "it takes two friends pass" , and I play on pc , but my friends play on Xbox . whenever they try to invite me to a game and I press join this message appear ( You'll need a new app to open...