XBL gold vs Game Pass subscriptions

Discus and support XBL gold vs Game Pass subscriptions in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Good day.. I have a month to month Xbox Live Gold subscriptions and I am considering getting the game pass and upgrading to Xbox game pass ultimate. I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ChristiaanSmit1, Jun 12, 2020.

1. XBL gold vs Game Pass subscriptions

Good day..

I have a month to month Xbox Live Gold subscriptions and I am considering getting the game pass and upgrading to Xbox game pass ultimate. I just have a few questions regarding the move before I do it and hope that someone can help me out.

1. I already pay monthly for the xbox live gold, if I upgrade to Ultimate, will I be paying for gold as well as the game pass monthly fee?

2. I see a lot of comments and information on the net regarding the multiplayer element when upgrading and I just a final verdict, when upgraded to ultimate, can you still play online like you would when you only had gold?

The thing is I want to only pay for one subscription and still want to have the perks of being able to play mutliplayer but it would be nice if I could also download games from the game pass to play.

Hope this all makes sense and that someone can give me some clarity on the matter.

Thank you

:)

ChristiaanSmit1, Jun 12, 2020
  2. ChristiaanSmit1 Win User

Good day! game pass ultimate includes both gold and game pass, so you'll only have to pay 1 subscription. You'll still be able to play online just as before and plus you'll have access to the game pass catalogue of games both on xbox and pc. In
    addition, perks for game pass ultimate subscribers have recently been introduced and they include some dlcs and in-game currencies among other things.
    Thanks denis97g, that solves my problem. appreciate the prompt response!!
  3. MASTER BOSS 077 Win User

Good day..

I have a month to month Xbox Live Gold subscriptions and I am considering getting the game pass and upgrading to Xbox game pass ultimate. I just have a few questions regarding the move before I do it and hope that someone can help me out.

1. I already pay monthly for the xbox live gold, if I upgrade to Ultimate, will I be paying for gold as well as the game pass monthly fee?

2. I see a lot of comments and information on the net regarding the multiplayer element when upgrading and I just a final verdict, when upgraded to ultimate, can you still play online like you would when you only had gold?

The thing is I want to only pay for one subscription and still want to have the perks of being able to play mutliplayer but it would be nice if I could also download games from the game pass to play.

Hope this all makes sense and that someone can give me some clarity on the matter.

Thank you
    You will not pay for gold when you upgrade to ultimate, it is just one subscription and xbox game pass ultimate has gold with it so you will be able to play multiplayer as you are now. I recommend buying an xbox live code from microsoft anywhere from 12-36
    months and then paying for one month of game pass ultimate. It will upgrade up to 36 months of xbox live. Please ask anymore queries.
  4. denis97g Win User

Good day! game pass ultimate includes both gold and game pass, so you'll only have to pay 1 subscription. You'll still be able to play online just as before and plus you'll have access to the game pass catalogue of games both on xbox and pc. In addition,
    perks for game pass ultimate subscribers have recently been introduced and they include some dlcs and in-game currencies among other things.
  5. Buachaill Dona Win User

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate - 3 months

GamePass Ultimate is a subscription service for Game Pass and XBL Gold for console and Xbox PC users. Which means you will have 3 months of XBL gold needed to play multiplayer games online, and three months subscription to the library of over 100 games
    on PC and console.
  6. fixed-[xboxvenue] Win User

Xbox game pass ultimate

No. You will still continue to have Xbox Live Gold that rolls over. But unless you continue to pay for Ultimate you will not have it.

EX: 9 months of Gold and you purchase a year of Game Pass Ultimate. those 9 months of XBL Gold roll over and you still have those 9 months after Game Pass subscription expires.
Thema:

1. XBL gold vs Game Pass subscriptions - Similar Threads - XBL gold Game

2. Redeemed 3 x 12 months of XBL Gold, but there are only 24 months (2 Years) shown

in XBoX on Consoles
    Redeemed 3 x 12 months of XBL Gold, but there are only 24 months (2 Years) shown: Hello Guys, as mentioned above, I just redeemed 3 Keys with 12 month auf XBL Gold each with no problems. After each the message was shown, that everything worked fine and I received 12 months of...
  3. XBL Gold (12 Month/1 Year) Digital Codes Invalid Now?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBL Gold (12 Month/1 Year) Digital Codes Invalid Now?: I get that the 1 Year subscription is gone on xbox.com, and physical retailers, I've seen the game pass codes and stuff in the local family dollar, but there's the digital retailers and im looking...
  4. Is XBL Gold able to be shared between profiles?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is XBL Gold able to be shared between profiles?: Is XBL Gold able to be shared between profiles? 6890a96f-02ee-4ddb-8118-075f2821c92e
  5. Annoying Bug With XBL Gold

in XBoX Accessibility
    Annoying Bug With XBL Gold: So my Gamepass Ultimate ran out about a month ago but I've been using my brother's account's ultimate until it expired last night, so I last night tried to get it on sale for one dollar, the...
  6. Why Can't I Renew XBL Gold anymore?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Why Can't I Renew XBL Gold anymore?: I am trying to repurchase XBL Gold for a year. All options to do so have been removed, and the only option I have available is the Xbox Game Pass. I don't want Xbox Game Pass, I only want XBL...
  7. Xbl gold

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbl gold: 1 month ago i had purchased 1 month of xbox live gold on the microsoft Store and it was written: 1month+2free But today when i tried to start a party and they told me to buy more gold. SO...
  8. Free Game Pass with XBL Gold purchase

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Free Game Pass with XBL Gold purchase: Hi there, I was in the live chat and was directed to this page regarding my issue. I purchased Xbox Live Gold via the Xbox dashboard on 28/02/2018 to take advantage of the offer available which...
  9. Whenever I play a game, I am redirected to the XBL Gold sign up page even though I have gold.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Whenever I play a game, I am redirected to the XBL Gold sign up page even though I have gold.: So today around 8 hours ago, in the morning, I redeemed my Xbox live gold code for 3 months. I got it and it says I have the gold membership. But whenever I play a game, it redirects me to the...
  10. Can't play a bought game on Xbox One without XBL Gold.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't play a bought game on Xbox One without XBL Gold.: So, I have this little problem with my Xbox One, well not the console itself but a game. I bought an Xbox One month or so ago and I got the Assassin's Creed Unity Bundle that came with Unity and...