XB1's New KINECT-LESS console

Discus and support XB1's New KINECT-LESS console in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Here’s my problem. I bought a DAY ONE XB1 with the Kinect of course, knowing full well that I was told that a cheaper KINECT-LESS was NOT coming. What... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by DarrylB., May 19, 2014.

  1. DarrylB.
    DarrylB. Guest

    XB1's New KINECT-LESS console


    Here’s my problem. I bought a DAY ONE XB1 with the Kinect of course, knowing full well that I was told that a cheaper KINECT-LESS was NOT coming. What is my dilemma ? I am disabled/wheelchair bound that really has no use for Kinect motion needed games. In
    fact the Kinect finds my wheelchair odd when looking at me. The only thing that works FOR ME is the voice commands. So, I have a $100.00 piece of hardware that I don’t need.

    Don’t get me wrong, I will ALWAYS be an Xbox-guy, and at 52 yrs old and counting I won’t change because I have had Sony equipment and found out that their Customer Service was…VERY BAD. And never really had probs with XBOX’s Cust. Service.

    Now, if XBOX wants to buy back my Kinect, that would be cool, but I’m not counting on them to do the right thing.

    :)
     
    DarrylB., May 19, 2014
    #1
  2. vikingland1
    vikingland1 Guest
    Can I use my XBOX 360 Kinect with my Xbox one?

    The origional Kinect is inferior to the new Kinect. Why would you want the lesser of the two? If you want the Kinect for XB1 there is a solution.

    The 360 and the XB1 are 2 different consoles. The 360 controllers don't work with XB1 either (yet).........I think I'll make thread about that.
     
    vikingland1, May 19, 2014
    #2
  3. batkinson001
    batkinson001 Guest
    Kinect-less Xbox One releasing on June 9.

    I got one of the kinect-less xb1's, its alright. I got it cheap though, just under $300 CAD after taxes after trading in a couple of games and my ps3. I will pick up a kinect 2.0 later on.
     
    batkinson001, May 19, 2014
    #3
  4. Sword Style
    Sword Style Guest

    XB1's New KINECT-LESS console

    I only use my kinect for voice commands. Of course I didn't use it for anything for a long time. But once I opened my my mind and started trying out all the things voice commands can be used for, I realized how useful and convenient this device truly is.
    I wouldn't give it up if they offered me a full refund.
     
    Sword Style, May 19, 2014
    #4
  5. UnyoBro
    UnyoBro Guest
    Enjoy your expensive tv remote you're stuck with it.
     
    UnyoBro, May 19, 2014
    #5
  6. Sword Style
    Sword Style Guest
    I'm sure once Gamestop starts selling consoles without kinect, they'll start selling the kinect itself individually. To leave the option available to people who bought the version without it. And anything that Gamestop sells, can be sold back to them.
     
    Sword Style, May 19, 2014
    #6
  7. Yeah I wish they would have just done this from the start. I could have saved $100. On top of that I don't even use my Kinect's voice commands in the first place either. Basically got stuck with it XB1's New KINECT-LESS console :(
     
    I Dashboard It, May 19, 2014
    #7
  8. x24hrs2livex
    x24hrs2livex Guest

    XB1's New KINECT-LESS console

    Each person wont find value in the kinect. Honestly until the Titanfall beta I really didnt use it to much. But once the beta dropped, I can't see myself without the kinect. When I pick up another Xbox Ill opt for the kinect version.
     
    x24hrs2livex, May 19, 2014
    #8
  9. aircobra
    aircobra Guest
    I never understood the complaining about Kinect. You bought the system knowing it came with it and was $100 more than the PS4. Nobody forced you to buy it in the first place. Chances are Gamestop will take them once the standalone Kinect comes out.
     
    aircobra, May 19, 2014
    #9
  10. I hear what you're saying. I bought Kinect 1, and designed, and build my son a stander, so the Kinect could "see" him.

    It never could, no matter how wide open I made the front of it. Yet, he was excited, and wanted to play games via the 360. So, I tried to incorporate a USB Flightstick as he only the use of one hand. Nope, MS Don't allow that either. So we began playing
    with him working one side of the 360 controller, and me, my wife, and at times our daughter working the other side. But then he began working both sides on his own SINGLE handedly.

    Try doing that in an online Halo 4, CoD, or even Soul Caliber match.

    Yet he loves playing games, so we limit him to Campaign only, or if he plays online, we forbid him to use mic, and headset. Solo Campaign gaming seems to be changing in this generation of games.
     
    ElectroFlying, May 19, 2014
    #10
  11. x24hrs2livex
    x24hrs2livex Guest
    ^^ How exactly is solo campaigns changing this gen?
     
    x24hrs2livex, May 19, 2014
    #11
  12. Ever hear of "Online Only."?
     
    ElectroFlying, May 19, 2014
    #12
  13. XB1's New KINECT-LESS console

    If you wanted an Xbox One at launch then they kinda did force you to buy the Kinect. It would have been like Nintendo bundling that stupid robot, and the light gun, and that *** VR headset that made every game look like it was being played on the surface
    of Mars, with the 8-bit NES, and charging $100 more with no option to opt-out at a lesser price. Meanwhile, all you wanted to do was play Super Mario Bros.
     
    XxNappyDugoutxX, May 19, 2014
    #13
  14. At the risk of sounding like an ignorant so and so who doesn't understand the value of a dollar, I've never got the $100 argument? To me that's not very much at all, a tank of gas for the week, lunch for the week, it's really nothing these days especially
    on a console purchase which you should only be buying if funds permit anyway? Very strange argument to me....
     
    DigitalAssassin, May 19, 2014
    #14
  15. It's not about the money. You have money. I have money. We all have money. To varying degrees, of course. I make a good living. So does my wife. We have a fair amount of expendable income....after the bills are paid. Should we just go out and buy a giraffe..........just
    because. It doesn't make sense to buy things (with your hard earned money), just to buy things. Or maybe we just have different sensibilities.
     
    XxNappyDugoutxX, May 19, 2014
    #15
Thema:

XB1's New KINECT-LESS console

Loading...
  1. XB1's New KINECT-LESS console - Similar Threads - XB1's KINECT LESS

  2. Xbox One S not updating to Omega after joining program.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One S not updating to Omega after joining program.: Hi everyone! My Xbox One S has been in the omega program now for a few weeks ever since the disc to digital feature was announced and now that the feature is out to omega users I realized that I...
  3. Xbox series s keeps kicking me off of my internet While playing

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s keeps kicking me off of my internet While playing: as title says, this is the only device that does it, ps5 switch, pc none lag ever, it’s just this xbox pos, i tried switching the dns in advanced but it just keeps logging out once every 1-2 hours...
  4. Xbox Series X/S power options to shutdown.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X/S power options to shutdown.: Hey everyone! I don't know if I'm the only one who shutdown completly his Xbox Series X... But it's kinda annoying to go into the options and power menu to do it. I think it could be nice to have...
  5. The Disc to Digital Results for my 258 combined XB1/XBSX Physical games

    in XboX Insiders
    The Disc to Digital Results for my 258 combined XB1/XBSX Physical games: So I like most of you other Insiders, I decided to check every Xbox One and Xbox Series X game I own to see which ones qualify for Disc to Digital. And between both consoles, I have 258 physical...
  6. Disc to Digital Xbox One S issue

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Xbox One S issue: I just recently installed insider and have Omega. I installed multiple Xbox One discs older and newer and they seem to not allow claiming the digital license. Maybe I'm confused about something...
  7. Series S/X disc to digital question

    in XboX Insiders
    Series S/X disc to digital question: Can a Series S/X disc be put into a One to redeem the disc to digital license? submitted by /u/Familiar-Bit-6691 [link] [comments]
  8. Disc to Digital (DtD): XBOX One to XBOX X|S Version ?

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital (DtD): XBOX One to XBOX X|S Version ?: I started to transfer some games today. On my XBOX One X (Alpha Skip Ahead). I have "The Witcher III" XBOX One Disc. I got the digital license - then checked my XBOX Series X (normal Release...
  9. Is Cod ghosts disc to digital? XB1 version

    in XboX Insiders
    Is Cod ghosts disc to digital? XB1 version: I put the disc in and it starts installing but won’t let me claim the license it is XB1 version submitted by /u/Who1sTravis [link] [comments]
  10. XB1 S Disables Kinect IR Blaster!! PLEASE FIX!

    in XBoX on Consoles
    XB1 S Disables Kinect IR Blaster!! PLEASE FIX!: So I just got my Kinect adapter in the mail. Took about a week to get it. My wife and I use it to control our devices, making it easy to put on shows for our kids and keep remotes away from their...