XB1 turns itself on in the nights

Discus and support XB1 turns itself on in the nights in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Woke up AGAIN to find my XB1 had turned itself, my TV n my STB on at some point in the night, i am getting seriously fed up with it. I have my xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Rebeldx81, Jan 17, 2015.

1. Rebeldx81
    Rebeldx81 Guest

Woke up AGAIN to find my XB1 had turned itself, my TV n my STB on at some point in the night, i am getting seriously fed up with it.

I have my xbox set up to turn on all my devices when i say xbox on, tho im going to have to change that seeing as my TV is plasma, but its not right to do that when this situation should not be happening,

Why is this happening? the house is quiet, there is no movement in the room when iv left it

:)

Rebeldx81, Jan 17, 2015
  2. Mister Cizl
    Mister Cizl Guest
    Xbox One turns itself on at night.

Hey Rexque! Is the console plugged directly in to a wall outlet? Additionally, can you double check your update settings and see if they are set to update while the console is off? This is usually only possible with Instant-On but just want to double check
    what you're seeing. Post back and let us know!

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox
    Insider Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting. Achievement issues? Check our sticky

HERE
    for the best info.

Mister Cizl, Jan 17, 2015
  3. Rexque
    Rexque Guest
    Xbox One turns itself on at night.

We have 2 Xbox One's in the house, a black one and a halo edition one. The Halo edition Xbox keeps turning itself on randomly - mostly at night. Then, after an hour of being on and idle, it will shut itself off per the settings in the unit. It is NOT set
    for "Quick Start" and it does NOT have a Kinect attached to it. The TV is an older one, but we turn the TV completely off with a power switch on the side (not a button, a physical toggle switch that kills all power to the TV). There is nothing plugged into
    the Xbox except Power, HDMI, and a Network Cable.

Both Xbox's are setup the same, but only the Halo Edition one is having this issue. I would like to fix this.

Rexque, Jan 17, 2015
  4. Rebeldx81
    Rebeldx81 Guest

happened again when i turned it off to go out, i came back to my sky box my tv n my XB1 ...... n i always make sure that they r all off n wait a couple of mins .... so it deffo doesnt go straight off

Rebeldx81, Jan 18, 2015
  5. Rebeldx81
    Rebeldx81 Guest
    so no feedback or help with this problem then? great support there microsoft

have read elsewhere that holding power off and unplugging will fix it ........ IT DOES NOT

also read that i should use energy saving mode instead of instant on .... THEN Y THE HELL IS INSTANT ON A FEATURE???

this is a problem that a lot of people are having and there does not seem to be a TRUE fix, so FIX IT

Rebeldx81, Jan 20, 2015
  6. XCELRATE
    XCELRATE Guest
    do you have any pets?

i had a similar issue with the 360, the darn cat liked hearing it turn on apparently. now i keep the door to that room closed...

XCELRATE, Jan 20, 2015
  7. Rebeldx81
    Rebeldx81 Guest
    nope no pets

ALTHOUGH i have narrowed it down, it only happens if i turn the XB1 off via voice command ...... if i switch it off using the controller, i have no issue

Rebeldx81, Jan 25, 2015
  8. XCELRATE
    XCELRATE Guest

"you are xbox dreaming" in your sleep! or just talking in your sleep.

LOL!!!

XCELRATE, Jan 30, 2015
  9. Rebeldx81
    Rebeldx81 Guest
    lol the xb1 is in a totally different room, if it could hear me from upstairs id be amazed, specially cos kinnect barely understands me when im in the same room lol

xbox go to WWE network ...... opens media player :S lol

Rebeldx81, Jan 30, 2015
  10. XCELRATE
    XCELRATE Guest
    ya dude, i'm out of suggestions other than it may be "power surge" or something to that effect.

XCELRATE, Oct 31, 2018
  11. Rebeldx81 Win User

lol the xb1 is in a totally different room, if it could hear me from upstairs id be amazed, specially cos kinnect barely understands me when im in the same room lol

xbox go to WWE network ...... opens media player :S lol
  12. Rebeldx81 Win User

nope no pets

ALTHOUGH i have narrowed it down, it only happens if i turn the XB1 off via voice command ...... if i switch it off using the controller, i have no issue
  13. XCELRATE Win User

"you are xbox dreaming" in your sleep! or just talking in your sleep.

LOL!!!
  14. XCELRATE Win User

do you have any pets?

i had a similar issue with the 360, the darn cat liked hearing it turn on apparently. now i keep the door to that room closed...
  15. XCELRATE Win User

ya dude, i'm out of suggestions other than it may be "power surge" or something to that effect.
Thema:

1. XB1 turns itself on in the nights - Similar Threads - XB1 turns itself

2. Controller for xb1 won't turn on

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Controller for xb1 won't turn on: I tried with brand new batteries and still doesn't turn on, just flashes twice and turns off. I tried plugging it in with a usb and still not working 269f6eaf-ed97-48d4-962d-b1f2ac0f84b1
  3. ERROR: Latest XB1 update 7/8/2019 10.0.18362.5047 now my 2 xbox dont turn on my 2 kinect !

in XBoX on Consoles
    ERROR: Latest XB1 update 7/8/2019 10.0.18362.5047 now my 2 xbox dont turn on my 2 kinect !: I have an XB1 X and XB1 S with kinect and after the update of 7/08/2019 10.0.18362.5047 when i turn on my 2 xbox they dont turn on the kinect. I have to everytime : --------------------------...
  4. How do you turn off XB1 wireless controller for PC?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do you turn off XB1 wireless controller for PC?: So, I figure I'll make the post here as I just got the controller + adapter in the mail and gave it a test spin but can't for the life of me figure out how to actually turn the controller off....
  5. XB1 elite controller wint turn on at all.

in XBoX on Consoles
    XB1 elite controller wint turn on at all.: tried everything I can think of.. batteries, charge packs, plugged in, unplugged. Can't even get the light to turn on. f960167a-59f2-4258-894c-f559311f15de
  6. Dead XB1 (won't turn on)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dead XB1 (won't turn on): So went to try and play my xbox one today. Pressed power button and nothing Disc eject button does nothing Unplugged power brick from wall outlet (to try to do a cold hard boot) Tried another...
  7. xb1 doesnt auto turn off any more

in XBoX on Consoles
    xb1 doesnt auto turn off any more: hello, so ive noticed my xb1 stays on all night, ive gone into settings and "auto off after 1hr of inactivity" is checked, but still stays on for ever. anyone else had this issue since the...
  8. XB1 turns TV off when I turn it on

in XBoX on Consoles
    XB1 turns TV off when I turn it on: I used to have my cable box connected to my Xbox One, but disconnected it because there was a huge delay in response when using my remote and DVR functions. Anyway, now when I'm watching TV and I...
  9. Have to power cycle my XB1 the first time I turn it on every day.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Have to power cycle my XB1 the first time I turn it on every day.: I got a Day One edition of the console. Months ago it started to not show anything on my TV screen when I first turn the console on every day. It's not EVERY day, but about 5 days a week I turn it...
  10. When I turn XB1 on, it wont let my wife's laptop connect to her work VPN. Why?

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I turn XB1 on, it wont let my wife's laptop connect to her work VPN. Why?: Is there a setting I can change on the XB1 or my router to fix this problem? If the XB1 is on, her laptop loses its connection to the work VPN and is unable to get it back until I turn the XB1...