XB1 Stereo Headset Adapter Incompatible with instant-on

Discus and support XB1 Stereo Headset Adapter Incompatible with instant-on in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I'm using the turtle beach XP500 headsets with the turtle beach chat adapter connected to the xbox one stereo headset adapter on my the xb1... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TiredofTechSupport, Jan 25, 2015.

1. XB1 Stereo Headset Adapter Incompatible with instant-on

Hi,

I'm using the turtle beach XP500 headsets with the turtle beach chat adapter connected to the xbox one stereo headset adapter on my the xb1 controller that was packaged with my xb1. I updated the controller, followed the settings specified by turtle beach.
    Game and chat audio works fine.

If I put my system into standby mode, however, then power the system back on, I get only game audio through the headset. I can neither transmit nor receive chat audio. Sometimes, the system does not even detect that I have a microphone available (per the
    party app), but even when it does detect a microphone, the audio does not get transmitted. I can see the icon in the party app light app to indicate that the app recognizes that I am transmitting audio, but no one in my party can hear me, nor can I hear them.

I have tried power-cycling the controller, headset, and I have plugged and unplugged all the connections. I tried updating the controller again. No chat audio, but I do still get game audio.

If I switch the console to power-saving mode and power-cycle the console (sometimes it takes more than once), then and only then I get both chat and game audio.

I spent an hour or so on the phone with xbox support, and their solution was to:

1) not plug my xbox one into a surge protector; instead plug it directly into the wall

2) not use instant-on mode

3) clear the xb1's cache

So, the adapter works as intended so long as I forgo instant-on mode. Is that working as intended, or have I been using a defective unit for the past several months?

:)

TiredofTechSupport, Jan 25, 2015
  2. Whyte Spyder
    Whyte Spyder Guest
    Need a new stereo headset adapter cable

Hi. My cat chewed through the 2.5mm to 3.5mm cable included with the xb1 stereo headset adapter. Where can i get a new one? Thanks

Whyte Spyder, Jan 25, 2015
  3. Xbox one App

•Some third-party products come with a stereo headset adapter that may look different from the Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter made by Microsoft, but they all function the same way.

•You can only connect an Xbox 360 Chat Headset using the stereo headset adapter with a 2.5-mm to 3.5-mm converter, which comes with the Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter. The Xbox One Stereo Headset does not include this adapter cable.

support.xbox.com/.../connect-compatible-headset

cookieater821, Jan 25, 2015
  4. rM xNimble Win User

Xbox One on DVI PC Monitor with analog audio?

So if I just get a hdmi-dvi adapter chord and the XB1 stereo headset that plugs into the controller I'll be all good?
  5. DangerousBard Win User

Turtle Beaches X22

6. TheVet96 Win User

I cannot be heard in Xbox live party chat, but I can hear others and gameplay, adapter seems to be in working order.

Hello Mimi!

Below is a list of non-compatible headsets:

Non-compatible headsets

The following headsets are incompatible with the Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter:

• Mad Catz Tritton Warhead headset
    • Mad Catz Tritton Primer headset (Mad Catz offers an adapter for the Primer headset to convert the 2.5-mm audio jack to a 3.5-mm audio jack. Contact Mad Catz for support.)
    • The Xbox 360 Wireless Headset and Xbox 360 Wireless Bluetooth Headset
    • Headsets with this 2.5-mm connector will not work because of the connector format. This connector includes a long, cylindrical pin in the middle of the connecting side that does not fit into the Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter.

More info on using compatible headsets with the adapter.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox...ible-headset#047ca027eaf44c428f2799723b43aebc
  7. demonj00 Win User

Mic not being picked up with stereo adapter

I have the xb1 stereo headset. Mic doesn't work and game audio is glitchy at times. My controller froze up in Titanfall once while using the adapter also.
  8. qudeenz360 Win User

Using Headphones and USB Microphones.

Thema:

XB1 Stereo Headset Adapter Incompatible with instant-on

1. XB1 Stereo Headset Adapter Incompatible with instant-on - Similar Threads - XB1 Stereo Headset

2. Need Stereo Reciever for XB1 & Mitsubishi TV WD-92840

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need Stereo Reciever for XB1 & Mitsubishi TV WD-92840: Looking to hook up receiver and 2 Klipsch Herseys and play XB1 audio, DirecTV audio. along with blue tooth music from iPhone. TV has 4 HDMI, digital audio output, and analog stereo inputs....
  3. XB1 Stereo headset sound and mic dropping in and out

in XBoX on Consoles
    XB1 Stereo headset sound and mic dropping in and out: Hi, I have been using my Stereo headset for 2 months bow and i have found its started to drop sound and mics after about 5 mins of use. The sound breaks in and out and then just cuts off. I can...
  4. XB1 Stereo Headset Adapter Echo

in XBoX on Consoles
    XB1 Stereo Headset Adapter Echo: Hello Recently purchased an xb1 stereo headset adapter, and I am having issues with my friends hearing an echo when they are speaking over chat. I have tried to adjust the volume settings, and...
  5. XB1 Wired Stereo Headset/Adapter Sound Isseus After June Update

in XBoX on Consoles
    XB1 Wired Stereo Headset/Adapter Sound Isseus After June Update: Honestly I don't think this will ever be fixed... What I also experienced is that it's clearly depending on the console's cpu/gpu load. In Witcher 3 or also in other games the crackling is...
  6. Can't hear anyone on my XB1 Stereo Headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't hear anyone on my XB1 Stereo Headset: Why is my regular mic working, but not my xb1 stereo headset? I can't hear anyone and they can't hear me. 692b5a8b-fb9e-48ec-b5d6-a7eee09e3507
  7. XB1 Stereo Headset Adapter: Can't hear others when plugged in, but others can hear me.

in XBoX on Consoles
    XB1 Stereo Headset Adapter: Can't hear others when plugged in, but others can hear me.: Hi, I'm having an issue with my XB1 Stereo Headset Adapter. My problem is that others can hear me when I have my headset plugged in, but I can't hear them. I use the Turtle Beach Ear Force XP 500...
  8. TB X42 headset & XB1 stereo headset adapter

in XBoX on Consoles
    TB X42 headset & XB1 stereo headset adapter: I just recently bought the adapter for my headset (listed above in the title), but am having chat issues. I followed the installation instructions and controller update to the letter, but for some...
  9. XB1 Stereo Headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    XB1 Stereo Headset: Can you hear yourself with this headset? 670cc78f-1be6-410f-9d8f-f686f14d8929
  10. XB1 Stereo Headset Microphone Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    XB1 Stereo Headset Microphone Issue: Hi, I just purchased this yesterday and the microphone sensitivity, initially, seems to be too low with the Xbox One stereo headset. Both controllers and console are updated with the latests...