XB1 Stereo Headset Adapter: Can't hear others when plugged in, but others can hear me.

Discus and support XB1 Stereo Headset Adapter: Can't hear others when plugged in, but others can hear me. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I'm having an issue with my XB1 Stereo Headset Adapter. My problem is that others can hear me when I have my headset plugged in, but I can't hear... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Tempest Valdyr, Jan 3, 2015.

1. XB1 Stereo Headset Adapter: Can't hear others when plugged in, but others can hear me.

Hi, I'm having an issue with my XB1 Stereo Headset Adapter. My problem is that others can hear me when I have my headset plugged in, but I can't hear them. I use the Turtle Beach Ear Force XP 500 Wireless Headset, BUT I use a Turtle Beach Talkback Cable,
    which should be compatible with the adapter and headset since it acts like a cable. The advertisement said you could use your favorite gaming headphones.

I've updated 2 controllers for use with the adapter.

I've checked my communications settings so that they say Everyone.

I've tried using multiple headsets. Two different Turtle Beach Earforce Wireless XP500's, Skullcandy Heavy Medal 2.0 Earphones (they have an in-line mic and a triple band connector on 3.5mm), and one WIRED Turtle Beach x12.

I've hard reset and power-cycled my Xbox.

I've got full batteries in the controller and headset.

I've Muted and Unmuted everyone in the party, including myself, and tried the Mute Party option.

I've left and joined party chat several times.

None of those I'm in the party with are blocked.

When the headset is not plugged in (but the adapter is), I can hear everyone in the party. When the headset IS plugged in, everyone can hear me crystal clearly, but I cannot hear them. I've trouble-shot this thing to death and haven't found an answer. I can't
    send it in to be replaced and can't return it because the box was accidentally thrown away with the serial number. I easily broke the flimsy Headset that came with the XB1 simply by too many accidental tugs on the cord when getting up, and I'd rather not have
    to drop another $24 bucks on something that might not even work.

Does anyone have any suggestions? (trolls and flamers please go elsewhere)

:)

Tempest Valdyr, Jan 3, 2015
  2. Rockjam069z
    Rockjam069z Guest
    TB X42 headset has sound but won't chat with multiple controllers.

I have the X42 headsets and recently bought the XB1 Stereo Headset Adapter so I can use them for chat as well as sound. I can hear the party until I plug in the 3.5mm to 2.5mm adapter into the headset adapter and then everything cuts out but the game
    sound. I've updated and tried this on multiple controllers and get the same issues, both controllers have been updated with the adapter and headset plugged in but still can't get any chat. If I go into a party by myself I can hear myself but as soon as others
    come in I can talk but can't hear anything, the others in the party can hear me. I've also verified my settings via the TB and XB1 troubleshooting pages and everything matches. This leads me to believe that the issue is with the adapter cable to allow me to
    plug in my X42 mic.

Rockjam069z, Jan 3, 2015
  3. WolfmanJosh
    WolfmanJosh Guest
    Stereo Headset Adapter - Microphone does not work (at all), and only sends loud static to listeners

I am using the Stereo Headset Adapter with the Turtle Beach X12 headset, and have it plugged in as described in the

cable diagram here

I can hear game audio fine.

I can hear others in party chat fine.

They hear a loud static and cannot hear me talk.

When I use the mute button on the adapter, it lights up, and they no longer hear the loud static. I can only communicate with morse code...

Now to cover the standard questions that are being asked here:

• DONE - Power cycle your Xbox One console.
    • DONE - Update your Xbox One Controller.
    • DONE - Make sure your controller has fresh batteries.
    • DONE - Make sure your Headset Adapter is firmly plugged into your controller and that your Stereo Headset's 3.5mm cable is securely plugged into the Headset Adapter.
    • N/A - Try your headset with another device or another controller

WolfmanJosh, Jan 3, 2015
  4. NewBlacksmurf Win User

Can I use a Xbox one sterio headset with a DVI converter?

Hi Legend of RDG

If I understand your question...

Q: If you buy the Stereo Adapter, will this allow you to hear sound.

A: Yes, the stereo adapter will allow you to plug in headphones to hear sound. I omitted the headset that comes with the adapter just in case you already have headphones.

(The Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter lets you plug a compatible chat or stereo headset into the Xbox One Controller to control your audio experience without taking your hands off the controller.)

Source:
    support.xbox.com/.../stereo-headset-adapter

The adapter will work with many existing headphones, but you can opt to buy the Xbox Headphones (w/Mic) and adapter too
  5. PanthersFanDay1 Win User

Headset will not allow me to hear others, but they can hear me

Sorry, forgot to mention...

I can hear others through my tv when the headset adapter is not plugged in to my controller.

Both headsets I have tried are made my Microsoft for the xbox one. One is the standard headset that comes with the system, and the other is the plugged in through the adapter. Where I have also tried plugging in another headset through it.

Nothing has worked.
  6. PanthersFanDay1 Win User

Mister Quimby,

It does not work with skype.
  7. Mister Quimby Win User

Hey there PanthersFanDay1!

I am truly sorry to hear about the Party Chat issues and I can definitely understand how frustrating that could be. Are you able to hear sound in other apps? If you haven't already, I recommend trying to see if you can hear sound in an app like Skype.
    Be sure to let us know once you have tried and we will go from there. Thanks!
  8. PanthersFanDay1 Win User

.... hello.....

.... Bueller ....

.... Bueller ....
Thema:

XB1 Stereo Headset Adapter: Can't hear others when plugged in, but others can hear me.

1. XB1 Stereo Headset Adapter: Can't hear others when plugged in, but others can hear me. - Similar Threads - XB1 Stereo Headset

2. Need Stereo Reciever for XB1 & Mitsubishi TV WD-92840

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need Stereo Reciever for XB1 & Mitsubishi TV WD-92840: Looking to hook up receiver and 2 Klipsch Herseys and play XB1 audio, DirecTV audio. along with blue tooth music from iPhone. TV has 4 HDMI, digital audio output, and analog stereo inputs....
  3. XB1 Stereo headset sound and mic dropping in and out

in XBoX on Consoles
    XB1 Stereo headset sound and mic dropping in and out: Hi, I have been using my Stereo headset for 2 months bow and i have found its started to drop sound and mics after about 5 mins of use. The sound breaks in and out and then just cuts off. I can...
  4. XB1 Stereo Headset Adapter Echo

in XBoX on Consoles
    XB1 Stereo Headset Adapter Echo: Hello Recently purchased an xb1 stereo headset adapter, and I am having issues with my friends hearing an echo when they are speaking over chat. I have tried to adjust the volume settings, and...
  5. XB1 Wired Stereo Headset/Adapter Sound Isseus After June Update

in XBoX on Consoles
    XB1 Wired Stereo Headset/Adapter Sound Isseus After June Update: Honestly I don't think this will ever be fixed... What I also experienced is that it's clearly depending on the console's cpu/gpu load. In Witcher 3 or also in other games the crackling is...
  6. XB1 Stereo Headset Adapter Incompatible with instant-on

in XBoX on Consoles
    XB1 Stereo Headset Adapter Incompatible with instant-on: Hi, I'm using the turtle beach XP500 headsets with the turtle beach chat adapter connected to the xbox one stereo headset adapter on my the xb1 controller that was packaged with my xb1. I updated...
  7. Can't hear anyone on my XB1 Stereo Headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't hear anyone on my XB1 Stereo Headset: Why is my regular mic working, but not my xb1 stereo headset? I can't hear anyone and they can't hear me. 692b5a8b-fb9e-48ec-b5d6-a7eee09e3507
  8. TB X42 headset & XB1 stereo headset adapter

in XBoX on Consoles
    TB X42 headset & XB1 stereo headset adapter: I just recently bought the adapter for my headset (listed above in the title), but am having chat issues. I followed the installation instructions and controller update to the letter, but for some...
  9. XB1 Stereo Headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    XB1 Stereo Headset: Can you hear yourself with this headset? 670cc78f-1be6-410f-9d8f-f686f14d8929
  10. XB1 Stereo Headset Microphone Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    XB1 Stereo Headset Microphone Issue: Hi, I just purchased this yesterday and the microphone sensitivity, initially, seems to be too low with the Xbox One stereo headset. Both controllers and console are updated with the latests...