XB1 controller / BF4

Discus and support XB1 controller / BF4 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've worked out why I can't acquire targets in BF4 like I could in Bf3. It's the thumbsticks on the XB1 controller, way too twitchy for me, I find that... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Pleasure Master, Jan 4, 2014.

1. XB1 controller / BF4

I've worked out why I can't acquire targets in BF4 like I could in Bf3. It's the thumbsticks on the XB1 controller, way too twitchy for me, I find that there is no weight in their movement. I'm either
    over or under aiming.

BF3 on 360, I could snap to targets, but no so with the XB1 controller

Now I'm not saying I am the greatest shot in the world, but I did alright in BF3

My 360 controller thumbsticks have a more 'heavier' feel in their travel.

Playing with the in-game sensitivity is one thing, but it doesn't change the physical aspect of the thumbsticks

Anyone have any suggestions or mods ?

:)

Pleasure Master, Jan 4, 2014
  2. Not even going to bother with this game...

Sorry, man but I'm really, really diggin BF4 on the XB1.

DTW Dirty Harry, Jan 4, 2014
  3. WARNING- Please Read if you were planning to upgrade your game to next gen at GAME UK

I dont understand what has happend for you,I bought ghosts and bf4 for 360 from game,earlier today,I payed for my xb1 and ghost xb1 was nothing due tthe trade in and the £20 off,bf4 xb1 cost £4:99 again due to the trade in,and a tena off, every game is if
    ya buying a xb1 at launch,im n8w in the fast queue no,5 il be home updating by 12,20pm,overall bar the previous 80 quid on ghosts n bf4,

zoo tycoon,ghosts,bf4,forza,ryse and fifa edition xb1,comes to £530.00,bloody bargin!and lego marvel is only £25 next week too.I hope you managed to get it sorted,but its not the company,obviously who ever served you has done your ssle wrong.

xPsycoticBreakx, Jan 4, 2014
  4. XB1 controller / BF4

I am having much better luck with bf4 on Xbox one over bf3 on 360. I really like the new controller!!

Customgamer18, Jan 4, 2014
  5. I like the D-pad on the XB1, just not the the thumbsticks, they feel kinda cheap..

Pleasure Master, Jan 4, 2014
  6. To be fair I thought the 360 controller wasnt very good,ive been using razor 360 controllers,the latest being the sabertooth,tornament legal unlike many of the dodgy ones that should be banned in general,waiting for razor to make an xb1 controller.

xPsycoticBreakx, Jan 4, 2014
  7. Yeah, I suck too with the new controller.

Puppy Popsicle, Jan 9, 2014
  8. XB1 controller / BF4

RB is right below the right trigger...you should know this by now being that same button was on the 360 controller.

DJ SANDSTORM407, Jan 9, 2014
  9. [quote user="Saber Sh4dow"]

To be fair I thought the 360 controller wasnt very good,ive been using razor 360 controllers,the latest being the sabertooth,tornament legal unlike many of the dodgy ones that should be banned in general,waiting for razor to make an xb1 controller.

[/quote]

I have a Razr Onza i won for free, used it once and was like meh. Didn't like the extra shoulder button or the feel. Plus its wired. I prefer the 360 controller to it, but hey to each their own.

-

to the OP, the thumsticks are 25% less stiff, but the dead zone is smaller. in other words easier to move but each movement counts more. The snap feels probably due to the dead zone difference.

Upinya Slayin, Jan 9, 2014
  10. SuperDeluxo
    SuperDeluxo Guest
    So your rubbish at BF4, me too. The thumbsticks definately feel less resistant, I like em though.

SuperDeluxo, Jan 9, 2014
  11. Try turning down the sensitivity thats what I did and I find it a lot easier.

Captain Nemo uk, Jan 9, 2014
  12. I didn't realize there was that much difference between the stiffness of the thumbsticks on the old and new controllers. Usually the first thing I do is bump the sensitivity way up for FPS. I did that for this game and found out it was a big mistake as it
    was way too twitchy so I set it back, but now I'm wondering if I set it back far enough... I know I suck at this game, but I'm usually not this bad. Time to set it back more and see if that helps. It sure can't hurt. lol

A Blue Illusion, Jan 9, 2014
  13. tohellnbak
    tohellnbak Guest

XB1 controller / BF4

are we talking acquire.... or hitting targets... the coding in BF4 is bad for hit detection... you think you are hitting them but they are not registering... this will give the illusion of having "bad aim" and missing your targets.... try lowering the
    network smoothing... you might have some graphical farts but your bullets will hit more... making it seem like your aim is better....

tohellnbak, Jan 9, 2014
  14. I completely feel the same way i have gotten used to them now just have to be way more sensitive and fines when aiming, The stick should have firmer resistance and the diameter of the thumb-sticks a little wider, sniping was really pissing me off with new
    controller and over aiming.

Thanxforplayn, Jan 9, 2014
  15. CODukes4
    CODukes4 Guest
    The new controller makes it much more difficult for me. Everyone has different size/shaped hands with different amounts of dexterity. I don't know what it is with the 360 and one controllers, but I feel like I have aim bot with the 360 controller and Downs
    with the one controller.

There is a point in the one controller where it goes from barely moving to a fast jerk motion, no in between like the 360. I wonder if it's just because these are all new controllers and were built in a rush. Some peoples controllers may be better than
    others.

CODukes4, Jan 9, 2014
Thema:

XB1 controller / BF4

1. XB1 controller / BF4 - Similar Threads - XB1 controller BF4

2. Can you use a XB1/XBS controller on a Xb360 with a cable?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can you use a XB1/XBS controller on a Xb360 with a cable?: Can you use a XB1/XBS controller on a Xb360 with a cable? (( I know they cant connect wireless because they are a different system )) 490f2abe-141e-4691-a288-7eee0056e9f2
  3. PLEASE HELP Katana Zero XB1 Freezing issue. Im a Katana Zero speedrunner and mod for the...

in XboX Insiders
    PLEASE HELP Katana Zero XB1 Freezing issue. Im a Katana Zero speedrunner and mod for the...: Example of freeze The freeze only occurs on Xbox (not on pc or switch) and is caused by how Xbox handles saving. Its possible it occurs due to cloud saving and evidence of this is the freeze does...
  4. Offline game transfer from xb1 s to xb series s?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Offline game transfer from xb1 s to xb series s?: Hello, I have a x1s that has most of my games and saves, and a new xb series s that Ive designated as my home console, with a few of the games already downloaded l. The problem(s): I no longer...
  5. Xb1 remote play public wi-fi issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xb1 remote play public wi-fi issues: Xbox 1 S and Windows 10 Dell G3 laptop... the console stays at home on my home network ethernet. Remote play works if I use my 4g cellular data to make my phone a hotspot for my laptop. But on...
  6. XB1 controller LS button won’t press anymore

in XboX Insiders
    XB1 controller LS button won’t press anymore: After spamming the sprint button in every game I play, my left stick has stopped pressing down consistently. It makes it really hard to consistently sprint when I want to. Any recommendations on...
  7. Controller for xb1 won't turn on

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Controller for xb1 won't turn on: I tried with brand new batteries and still doesn't turn on, just flashes twice and turns off. I tried plugging it in with a usb and still not working 269f6eaf-ed97-48d4-962d-b1f2ac0f84b1
  8. Verizon Fios QIP7100 2 - Can't control via XB1 with IR Blaster Cable

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Verizon Fios QIP7100 2 - Can't control via XB1 with IR Blaster Cable: I've been struggling to get my XB1 to control my Fios STB for a while now. I saw other posts regarding this, and they were unsolved. They also suggested creating new posts for each person in...
  9. XB1 Changing Channels Without My Control

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XB1 Changing Channels Without My Control: I went on a trip for 5 days recently and when I came home, my Xbox One was off as if it had automatically updated itself. After turning it back on and using it for a while, I notice 3 new/strange...
  10. XB1 Stereo Adapter Volume Control

in XBoX on Consoles
    XB1 Stereo Adapter Volume Control: When I eventually get a "playable" mix of game/chat it is pure luck. Can someone please explain to me how the adapter works? I understand the controller/person (game/chat) buttons on the left...