XB1 controller / BF4

Discus and support XB1 controller / BF4 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've worked out why I can't acquire targets in BF4 like I could in Bf3. It's the thumbsticks on the XB1 controller, way too twitchy for me, I find that... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Pleasure Master, Jan 4, 2014.

1. XB1 controller / BF4

I've worked out why I can't acquire targets in BF4 like I could in Bf3. It's the thumbsticks on the XB1 controller, way too twitchy for me, I find that there is no weight in their movement. I'm either
    over or under aiming.

BF3 on 360, I could snap to targets, but no so with the XB1 controller

Now I'm not saying I am the greatest shot in the world, but I did alright in BF3

My 360 controller thumbsticks have a more 'heavier' feel in their travel.

Playing with the in-game sensitivity is one thing, but it doesn't change the physical aspect of the thumbsticks

Anyone have any suggestions or mods ?

:)

Pleasure Master, Jan 4, 2014
  2. Not even going to bother with this game...

Sorry, man but I'm really, really diggin BF4 on the XB1.

DTW Dirty Harry, Jan 4, 2014
  3. WARNING- Please Read if you were planning to upgrade your game to next gen at GAME UK

I dont understand what has happend for you,I bought ghosts and bf4 for 360 from game,earlier today,I payed for my xb1 and ghost xb1 was nothing due tthe trade in and the £20 off,bf4 xb1 cost £4:99 again due to the trade in,and a tena off, every game is if
    ya buying a xb1 at launch,im n8w in the fast queue no,5 il be home updating by 12,20pm,overall bar the previous 80 quid on ghosts n bf4,

zoo tycoon,ghosts,bf4,forza,ryse and fifa edition xb1,comes to £530.00,bloody bargin!and lego marvel is only £25 next week too.I hope you managed to get it sorted,but its not the company,obviously who ever served you has done your ssle wrong.

xPsycoticBreakx, Jan 4, 2014
  4. XB1 controller / BF4

I am having much better luck with bf4 on Xbox one over bf3 on 360. I really like the new controller!!

Customgamer18, Jan 4, 2014
  5. I like the D-pad on the XB1, just not the the thumbsticks, they feel kinda cheap..

Pleasure Master, Jan 4, 2014
  6. To be fair I thought the 360 controller wasnt very good,ive been using razor 360 controllers,the latest being the sabertooth,tornament legal unlike many of the dodgy ones that should be banned in general,waiting for razor to make an xb1 controller.

xPsycoticBreakx, Jan 4, 2014
  7. Yeah, I suck too with the new controller.

Puppy Popsicle, Jan 9, 2014
  8. XB1 controller / BF4

RB is right below the right trigger...you should know this by now being that same button was on the 360 controller.

DJ SANDSTORM407, Jan 9, 2014
  9. [quote user="Saber Sh4dow"]

To be fair I thought the 360 controller wasnt very good,ive been using razor 360 controllers,the latest being the sabertooth,tornament legal unlike many of the dodgy ones that should be banned in general,waiting for razor to make an xb1 controller.

[/quote]

I have a Razr Onza i won for free, used it once and was like meh. Didn't like the extra shoulder button or the feel. Plus its wired. I prefer the 360 controller to it, but hey to each their own.

-

to the OP, the thumsticks are 25% less stiff, but the dead zone is smaller. in other words easier to move but each movement counts more. The snap feels probably due to the dead zone difference.

Upinya Slayin, Jan 9, 2014
  10. SuperDeluxo
    SuperDeluxo Guest
    So your rubbish at BF4, me too. The thumbsticks definately feel less resistant, I like em though.

SuperDeluxo, Jan 9, 2014
  11. Try turning down the sensitivity thats what I did and I find it a lot easier.

Captain Nemo uk, Jan 9, 2014
  12. I didn't realize there was that much difference between the stiffness of the thumbsticks on the old and new controllers. Usually the first thing I do is bump the sensitivity way up for FPS. I did that for this game and found out it was a big mistake as it
    was way too twitchy so I set it back, but now I'm wondering if I set it back far enough... I know I suck at this game, but I'm usually not this bad. Time to set it back more and see if that helps. It sure can't hurt. lol

A Blue Illusion, Jan 9, 2014
  13. tohellnbak
    tohellnbak Guest

XB1 controller / BF4

are we talking acquire.... or hitting targets... the coding in BF4 is bad for hit detection... you think you are hitting them but they are not registering... this will give the illusion of having "bad aim" and missing your targets.... try lowering the
    network smoothing... you might have some graphical farts but your bullets will hit more... making it seem like your aim is better....

tohellnbak, Jan 9, 2014
  14. I completely feel the same way i have gotten used to them now just have to be way more sensitive and fines when aiming, The stick should have firmer resistance and the diameter of the thumb-sticks a little wider, sniping was really pissing me off with new
    controller and over aiming.

Thanxforplayn, Jan 9, 2014
  15. CODukes4
    CODukes4 Guest
    The new controller makes it much more difficult for me. Everyone has different size/shaped hands with different amounts of dexterity. I don't know what it is with the 360 and one controllers, but I feel like I have aim bot with the 360 controller and Downs
    with the one controller.

There is a point in the one controller where it goes from barely moving to a fast jerk motion, no in between like the 360. I wonder if it's just because these are all new controllers and were built in a rush. Some peoples controllers may be better than
    others.

CODukes4, Jan 9, 2014
Thema:

XB1 controller / BF4

1. XB1 controller / BF4 - Similar Threads - XB1 controller BF4

2. XB1 Spectra Pro Wired Controller Disconnecting Issues

in XBoX on Windows
    XB1 Spectra Pro Wired Controller Disconnecting Issues: I am trying to play a game like Rocket League and all of a sudden when I press a certain button, my controller disconnects for 3 seconds and then reconnects. I tried multiple methods but they...
  3. XBOX Controller (XB1 S version) menu button stopped working

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Controller (XB1 S version) menu button stopped working: This is the second controller that has the same issue, the menu button stopped working completely. Both controllers are XBOX 1 S type, bought in different moments and from different stores. On...
  4. Specific Audio Issue: Party Chat + OG XB1 + Chatpad + "Old Controllers"

in XBoX on Consoles
    Specific Audio Issue: Party Chat + OG XB1 + Chatpad + "Old Controllers": I've run across a very specific audio bug in the last couple of days: I have an OG XB1, running 10.0.19041.6179, and I've used party chat virtually every day without issue until a couple of days...
  5. Perpetually unsyncing XSX/XB1 wireless controllers and steelseries 9x headphones

in XboX Insiders
    Perpetually unsyncing XSX/XB1 wireless controllers and steelseries 9x headphones: For the love of all that is good and holy, when is this bug going to be fixed? My headphones work flawlessly on my XB1, as did my wireless XB1 controller. Now, whether I use the XB1 controller...
  6. My XB1 controller wont connect to my console

in XBoX on Consoles
    My XB1 controller wont connect to my console: Last night i was playing rocket leage like every other night but just now when i tried to turn on my controller the light would blink and then turn off. I thought the batteries where just dead so...
  7. xb1 pro wired controller by fusion

in XBoX on Windows
    xb1 pro wired controller by fusion: my pro wired fusion controller firmware doesnot seem to work paddles are not detected in game (elite dangerous) neither on steam i have dl the "Fusion_Pro_Update_v1.24_PC" it runs ok but steam...
  8. My XB1 controller keeps turning off after a few seconds even with new batteries

in XBoX on Consoles
    My XB1 controller keeps turning off after a few seconds even with new batteries: My XB1 controller keeps turning off after a few seconds even with new batteries. How do I figure out if the problem is with the controller or the console? de0e6973-6552-4207-8b9f-d765178dbe05
  9. Can't seem to get the xb1 controller to pair (wired with usb) with my windows 10 pc

in XboX Insiders
    Can't seem to get the xb1 controller to pair (wired with usb) with my windows 10 pc: I am trying to set up my controller to play destiny 2 on my windows 10 pc. I have searched online, but all solutions I come to just don't work. I have the controller plugged in, the cord works...
  10. Wired XB1 Controller isnt working on my console but it works when connected to my PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Wired XB1 Controller isnt working on my console but it works when connected to my PC: I have a wired controller that has seemed to stop being detected by my XB1. Not sure why but it started when i went to turn my consold off by holding the xbox button and selecting turn console off...