X360 problems with external HD & Flash Drive

Discus and support X360 problems with external HD & Flash Drive in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have an X360 - have run the Update today. Have a WD My Passport Ultra 2 tb external HD. The 360 recognizes the HD but none of the videos on it.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by RaspiestGlint12, Dec 26, 2015.

1. X360 problems with external HD & Flash Drive

I have an X360 - have run the Update today. Have a WD My Passport Ultra 2 tb external HD. The 360 recognizes the HD but none of the videos on it. Same issue with flash / jump drives. I'm a "newbie". so need to KISS. X360 problems with external HD & Flash Drive :)

:)

RaspiestGlint12, Dec 26, 2015
  2. sc_shark
    sc_shark Guest
    Pre-Loading Coming to Xbox One.

quite a few side by side loadtimes were done.. forza5 was one of the bigger ones.. where load times between tracks and such would range 10 seconds better iirc..

basically the internal hd is ok.. but the better external hd's western digital being one of them uses a hybrid sshd that offers load and unload speeds that are much faster than a normal sata 2.5 hard drive(which is what xb1 has internally) that paired with the 3.0usb go a long way.. also think once all apps,games ect ect are offloaded its basically like having a hard ddrive dedicated to supporting the user interface and operating system..

your real 2 options are
    usb powered external they go to 2tb again the western digital has best reviews of performance its about 100bux on ebay
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Western-Dig...External_Hard_Disk_Drives&hash=item486cb416fa

your next option is going up to 4tb again the western digital is the best performer for the price.. and thats a consumer reportthing not me. ebay is about 150 for a new one.(externally powered)
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/WD-My-Book-...External_Hard_Disk_Drives&hash=item4ad5edb222

only problem i have so far is when dnla/media stuff is avaliable the external hd is formated for xb1 and am not sure how i would save media files and the xb1 data stuff since.. its not like you can partition the hd..
    my next problem is having enough space for the plugs.. my power bar is about full not sure i could get the external power for the bigger external hd..

sc_shark, Dec 26, 2015
  3. Xbox 360 Will Not Play My Music

The other day, I was playing a game and it would play the music stored on my hard drive and on my external flash drive with NO problem.
    Today, I boot my console up to play a game and I go to play some music to listen to while I play the game, and it will not play ANY of my music stored on my USB drive. It won't even play any of the music stored on my HD either!
    Does anyone know what is going on??

xxJHARDYFAN92xx, Dec 26, 2015
  4. Jena Makarov
    Jena Makarov Guest

What are the drives formatted as?

My knowledge is out of date but it used to be that the 360 would only recognise FAT32 drives.

Jena Makarov, Dec 26, 2015
  5. Jena Makarov Win User

What are the drives formatted as?

My knowledge is out of date but it used to be that the 360 would only recognise FAT32 drives.
  6. Killswitch51880 Win User

A Couple Questions

I've never had an issue and I use small keychain flash drives and external HD. I don't want stuff fluttering my xbox hd that I don't frequently use... I've never had a problem. The safe remove option is more for when your inserting and removing flash
    drives while power is on like pc and laptops.
  7. Dirty Loco Win User

New External HDD works with Old xbox?

External (USB) hard drives will work on any model Xbox 360 in the same way a USB Flash memory. Regardless of the size of the hard drive, the X360 will only use a maximum of 16Gb of that memory. The rest of the memory will not
    be available.
  8. ngocphi Win User

4gb Xbox 360 usb hard drive question

the 4gig xbox s unit is not a HD

it is flash memory

for games that require hds that will not be accepted

using a external hd is kinda a waste due to the 16gig limitation USB drives will be a more useful device

only 250-320gig xbox s hds can be used as a HD on the xbox s units
  9. MisterFizzle Win User

BATTLEFIELD 3 HD CONTENT DOWNLOAD ISSUET

Hey there Gib,

Sorry to hear you're having issues with downloading the HD texture pack for Battlefield 3.

For the HD content on that game, you need to save it to a Hard Drive. The internal 4 GB memory is not a hard drive, it is flash memory so the texture pack will not be able to save there. You'll need to save it to your external drive.
Thema:

1. X360 problems with external HD & Flash Drive - Similar Threads - X360 problems external

2. Cannot connect to Xbox live for X360 backward compatibility games on Series X

in XboX Insiders
    Cannot connect to Xbox live for X360 backward compatibility games on Series X: Hello there, For all the xbox 360 games I run on my XSX I get an error connecting to the xbox lived in the emulator itself. First of all when I launch a game, I get "Getting your Xbox 360...
  3. (X360) About the old Red Ring of Death Hardware failure problem that existed before...

in XBoX on Windows
    (X360) About the old Red Ring of Death Hardware failure problem that existed before...: I've heard that newer models of the original Xbox 360 (The Arcade (Or Fat) Edition one, i mean) didn't presented that problem anymore, how do i actually check if my Xbox (I have the original one,...
  4. Problem with growing up XP lvl on game Red Faction Guerrilla-Multiplayer x360 EN/US/PL

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problem with growing up XP lvl on game Red Faction Guerrilla-Multiplayer x360 EN/US/PL: EN/US/ Hello I have weird big problem with my accounts because my 2849XP level is growing up normally when I play and have the game with multiplayer started but when I leave the game and start...
  5. Problem with growing up XP lvl on game Red Faction Guerrilla-Multiplayer x360 EN/US/PL

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problem with growing up XP lvl on game Red Faction Guerrilla-Multiplayer x360 EN/US/PL: EN/US/ Hello I have weird big problem with my accounts because my 2849XP level is growing up normally when I play and have the game with multiplayer started but when I leave the game and start...
  6. Profile/save problem on xbox one x with x360 games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Profile/save problem on xbox one x with x360 games: hello everyone. I have a problem with xbox 360 games on my xbox one x. I have gta 4 and midnight club LA. Games does not see my active profile when I launch a game and I can not create a profile...
  7. Upload problem with backward compatible game played on xone. I cannot play the game on x360 ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Upload problem with backward compatible game played on xone. I cannot play the game on x360 ...: Hey, I played a X360 game on X360, chosing the cloud as saving storage. All's fine, and I made sure data was uploaded before switching off. Then I play the same game on Xone. no problem. I...
  8. Add Games with Gold problem. Add on x360, invisible on oneS.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Add Games with Gold problem. Add on x360, invisible on oneS.: Hello, I recently switch from my Xbox 360 to Xbox One S. Over the lifetime of the x360 was adding to the library of games, games on Xbox One t,hink that in the near future buying it. After the...
  9. Weird problem with my X360 gamepad

in XBoX on Consoles
    Weird problem with my X360 gamepad: The great guys at the PC forums directed me here for a question about using an xbox controller with my PC gaming. I use an Afterglow X360 controller to play PC games. Recently, games like Binding...
  10. Problem with the connection (X1 and X360)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problem with the connection (X1 and X360): Hi. This is a problem with my X1 and X360. So, I have a problem with my X1. When I was running it with Wifi a few weeks ago, everything worked without a problem. But now I've changed it to...