X1 X audio output settings

Discus and support X1 X audio output settings in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I have a problem I can't solve by myself. I have Xbox one X, Samsung TV (Q60 series), and recently I have bought a Samsung soundbar (Q60... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SirDomin, May 6, 2020.

1. SirDomin
    SirDomin Guest

Hello,

I have a problem I can't solve by myself. I have Xbox one X, Samsung TV (Q60 series), and recently I have bought a Samsung soundbar (Q60 series). Based on the specification soundbar has 5.1 audio. I have it connected like this - Xbox -> TV -> Soundbar. I
    need to have it like this because I watch - Netflix and other native applications that are not available for Xbox - on my TV.

Issue:

I am not able to set any other HDMI audio output from my Xbox to TV than Uncompressed stereo. I would like to set it to 5.1 to hopefully get better sound. When I chose 5.1 I get this error message that no valid device that would support 5.1 is connected.
    This was tested with HDMI that is originally for Nintendo so I assume the issue might be there? An old version of HDMI, maybe 2.0b could fix this?

Xbox and TV are connected with HDMI cable but TV is connected with soundbar via the optic cable. Might be this an issue? I tried to connect the TV to the soundbar via HDMI too but nothing has changed, I was hoping that via HDMI TV will know that there is
    some audio device that has 5.1 ch.

I also tried to turn off audio via HDMI in sound settings on my Xbox and instead, I tried this Bitstream - Dolby Digital which is supported by my soundbar but this causes Delay in audio for some reason. And also, if I exit these settings and then return
    back, it automatically changes back to stereo uncompressed with HDMI audio back to ON.

To add: I would like to avoid connecting Xbox -> soundbar -> TV. due to many reasons that could happen. Delay? Worse quality? No HDR or something.

:)

SirDomin, May 6, 2020
  2. Viper7Gamer Win User

Audio output to two destinations

That should work. You have to make sure it is set up on your Xbox One X.

Settings > General > Volume & audio output

Make sure HDMI audio and Optical audio are both on
  3. Paraffin Alien Win User

I have video but no sound

Have you checked the audio output settings on the console?

Go to settings,

select Display & Sound

select Audio Output

and there you will see a choice of either HDMI audio or optical audio.

Check to make sure HDMI audio is selected

As if it`s set to optical you will not get an audio output through the HDMI cable.
  4. MoNsT3R R4P1Dz Win User

Companion App I cannot hear party but they can hear me. Help.

go into the settings in companion app and change output audio, mine usually sets the mic as the audio output for some reason.
  5. CyTeK1978 Win User

X Box One Headset

maybe some Settings for Audio, Party Chat and or Changed the Output to HDMi or something else. Check the Audio Settings on Xbox and the Party+ Output Settings. i also had such an issue and it was the HDMI Audio Setting for me.
  6. DominumStige Win User

Headset OK but not working on Xbox One S

Hi!

It seems a problem with audio output. Check the audio settings, go to: "Settings"->"Volume"->"Party Chat Output" and select "Headset".
Thema:

1. X1 X audio output settings - Similar Threads - audio output settings

2. Waves Maxx Audio Pro not detecting any output device

in XBoX on Consoles
    Waves Maxx Audio Pro not detecting any output device: I think some windows update caused this or something. Basically my headset which has a built in microphone is plugged into the headphone jack of my laptop. When it is plugged in it should show...
  3. I need help figuring out how to get audio output.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I need help figuring out how to get audio output.: I have not been able to talk to anyone in a party for over a year now. I can hear them, but they can’t hear me. This started when I had my old Xbox One and old headset. I thought that maybe it was...
  4. Wireless Xbox Controller turning off after 15 minutes while using it as audio output/input...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless Xbox Controller turning off after 15 minutes while using it as audio output/input...: Hello, Please see the previous locked thread on this issue. While using a Wireless Xbox Controller, it turns off after 15 minutes while using it as audio output/input while connected to PC via...
  5. Part chat audio sounds doubled when using party chat output to headset and speakers.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Part chat audio sounds doubled when using party chat output to headset and speakers.: I'm trying to use the party chat output to headset and speaker to capture the party chat on my elgato HD60X but when I put it to headset and speakers but it makes the party audio sounds like it's...
  6. why is there no option to choose audio output for minecraft windows 10 edition?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why is there no option to choose audio output for minecraft windows 10 edition?: how has microsoft failed to include this BASIC feature? there are many other VERY basic features left out of windows 10 edition, but this is one of the most annoying to me. I use voicemeeter for...
  7. Can the audio input/output setting be added back to the app?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can the audio input/output setting be added back to the app?: The xbox mobile app does not allow for selecting audio input and output. This used to be a dropdown in the party menu. A separate thread mentioned the feature being removed because the app SHOULD...
  8. How do I fix my audio input, that keeps glitching, and my audio output, which keeps...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix my audio input, that keeps glitching, and my audio output, which keeps...: So, I bought this new PC and mostly everything works! The only thing I'm concerned about is the audio inputs and outputs, whenever I plug in the output it works fine, but when I plug in my input,...
  9. How to fix the video and audio output settings

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix the video and audio output settings: While trying to fix my settings for my audio I noticed it doesn’t display the same setting options as other consoles would is there a way to fix that. f4b86445-9eba-456f-b08f-4f7fcaeb5401
  10. Audio to both TV output and headset via optical output?

in XboX Insiders
    Audio to both TV output and headset via optical output?: Hey, I'm struggling here and I couldn't find any post describing the exact issue I'm going through. I have an Astro a50 (regular pc edition). I was wondering if there's any way in which I could...