X series Klarna issues

Discus and support X series Klarna issues in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Not sure if this is the correct place to post this so apologies if not.. I have just found out after a quick internet search that I amongst many after... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Tegasurus, Nov 7, 2021.

  1. Tegasurus
    Tegasurus Guest

    X series Klarna issues


    Not sure if this is the correct place to post this so apologies if not..

    I have just found out after a quick internet search that I amongst many after going through the process and being declined for purchase that you can’t actually get approved for the promotional ultimate game pass and console deal if you have never used Klarna before and they also perform a hard search on your credit fill which then affects your future credit purchase’s. Especially if like many have stated they tried a few times.

    This information should have been stated before going through the process and has been especially frustrating due to the current situation over stock. Why have Microsoft used this company if the vast majority of customers can’t be accepted if they have not used Klarna before. I am currently quite frustrated by the whole situation. Can Microsoft consider this information and address this issue accordingly as this probably could have a negative effect on consumer spending trends and attitudes towards brand product purchase with possible reputation issues. I myself have been put off by this issue and would think that the on the fence demographic would swing more to other brands after having additional barriers in place to make purchase an obstacle course to navigate instead of a straight sprint to finish. Can anyone comment on this?

    :)
     
    Tegasurus, Nov 7, 2021
    #1
  2. Nursemorph Win User

    X series Klarna issues

    From personal experience:

    I purchased a Series X at the end of May through All Access in the UK, which is Klarna (presumably the OP is also in the UK). Far as I know, they performed a hard credit search, which I was expecting given I was applying for credit.

    I have never used Klarna before...honestly, I had never even heard of Klarna prior to applying for the console. I was accepted first time with no issues at all in the application process and received both the console and the 2 years of Ultimate Game Pass as expected.

    I am not disputing what the OP has said, merely documenting my experience, namely of someone who had neve rused (or even heard of) Klarna before. However, given my purchase was in May, it's always possible they have changed some conditions?

    Anyway, hope that may be of some use
  3. XBF-JoannaDark Win User

    X series Klarna issues

    Hi Tegasurus,

    Thanks for reaching out to the Xbox forums! I am sorry to hear about your recent experience with our Xbox All Access service. I am more than happy to help you and currently connecting with one of my colleagues to address some of the concerns and provide some additional information to provide some clarity on the Xbox All-access program concerning credit checks and the length of time an approved line credit is valid for. In addition to having to have used Klarana in the past. Once I receive some clarification on my solutions. I will respond promptly. Thank you so much for being so patient.
  4. Nursemorph Win User

    X series Klarna issues

    Regarding no warning on the credit search, it is listed on the All Access FAQ page:

    "When you apply for financing with Klarna, they will undertake a full credit search with credit reference agencies that will supply credit information. The agencies will record details of the search, which can be seen on your credit file, whether or not credit is granted. This record will also be visible to third parties and may affect other organisations’ future decisions on whether to provide you with credit. For any questions relating to the credit check process, contact Klarna’s customer support team."

    https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/help/subscriptions-billing/manage-subscriptions/xbox-all-access-faq

    I got my console through Game and their FAQs state:

    "Submitting application for Klarna Fix Sum Credit – A full credit bureau check will be performed along with soft bureau checks for ID and affordability reasons"

    Also:

    "If you are declined for a Klarna Fixed Sum Credit, please do not repeat the application as this will impact your credit score"

    https://xboxallaccess.game.co.uk/get-ready

    So, Game have warnings on their site..no idea about Smyths Toys (or whatever the other retailer is that does All Access)
  5. Shaggy2000 Win User

    X series Klarna issues

    From personal experience:

    I purchased a Series X at the end of May through All Access in the UK, which is Klarna (presumably the OP is also in the UK). Far as I know, they performed a hard credit search, which I was expecting given I was applying for credit.

    I have never used Klarna before...honestly, I had never even heard of Klarna prior to applying for the console. I was accepted first time with no issues at all in the application process and received both the console and the 2 years of Ultimate Game Pass as expected.

    I am not disputing what the OP has said, merely documenting my experience, namely of someone who had neve rused (or even heard of) Klarna before. However, given my purchase was in May, it's always possible they have changed some conditions?

    Anyway, hope that may be of some use
    I had the same experience, id never heard of Klarna before, but I applied for the Xbox All Access and after the credit check everything went through just fine.

    I wonder if the OP had a dodgy credit score and that's why he got declined, and it wasn't to do with him never using them before. If this is the case there isnt much Microsoft can do.
  6. graham vaughan Win User

    Why am I still being charged for ultimate game pass despite wing told I would receive 24months free?

    I got the xbox x on klarna with 24months free ultimate pass
Thema:

X series Klarna issues

Loading...
  1. X series Klarna issues - Similar Threads - series Klarna issues

  2. Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X)

    in XboX Insiders
    Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X): In Gears of War: E-Day, the game itself says “VRR not detected.” My PS5, using the same HDMI cable, TV, and Xbox Series X (in the graphics settings), all say that VRR is enabled. I’ve tried...
  3. Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.: I am in Preview Delta. Earlier today I had to leave a game unexpectedly and the console timed out and went to sleep as it should. When I turned it on just now, I got a surprisingly long boot...
  4. How safe are Insider builds on Series X?

    in XboX Insiders
    How safe are Insider builds on Series X?: Xbox has been killing it lately with new features and I'd kinda like to get in on the action a little earlier. They warn before downloading that the builds can be buggy but how impactful to the...
  5. X Box series X randomly started not working

    in XboX Insiders
    X Box series X randomly started not working: No matter what controller it will not allow me to go down or select other things. Every time it just jumps back up to the top and will not let me delete games or just start anything. Have tried...
  6. Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X: The day before yesterday, I joined the insider program and I have had an elite series 2 xbox controller for the past 2 years and I never had a problem with it. Yesterday I was playing siege in My...
  7. Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X: I came across this open-source project on GitHub called Nativra. It’s an experimental Xbox Dev Mode app that attempts to run Windows PC games directly on Xbox Series X|S, without streaming or...
  8. Xbox series X disc to digital issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X disc to digital issues: Howdy all! I have been an insider for about 10 years now and just found this subreddit today! I am trying to do the disc to digital and it’s not giving me the option. I am updated to latest and...
  9. Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series: I have reported the issue through the console, but I claimed a digital license to Batman The Telltale Series with the Season Pass Disc, and it gives me the season pass, but not each individual...
  10. Xbox series s keeps kicking me off of my internet While playing

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s keeps kicking me off of my internet While playing: as title says, this is the only device that does it, ps5 switch, pc none lag ever, it’s just this xbox pos, i tried switching the dns in advanced but it just keeps logging out once every 1-2 hours...