X-plorer wired controller not working for windows 10

Discus and support X-plorer wired controller not working for windows 10 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My guitar hero 2 x-plorer controller is not working when i plug it in and it lights up with two lights then 4 lights and then runs into a issue in the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Armagedonayden, Feb 22, 2023.

1. X-plorer wired controller not working for windows 10

My guitar hero 2 x-plorer controller is not working when i plug it in and it lights up with two lights then 4 lights and then runs into a issue in the drivers thing saying "(Device descriptor request failed)" ive searched everywere to try to find a fix to this but i havent found anything that might help. when i try to update it it says something about the drivers already being at its most recent update. i might need just something to install the proper drivers for it but any help would be nice.

ive tried

• updating the drivers
    • uninstalling and reinstalling
    • looking up tutorials

:)

Armagedonayden, Feb 22, 2023
  2. andersonpassos Win User

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good evening

It sounds like there may be an issue with the device driver for your X-plorer wired controller, which is preventing it from working properly on your Windows 10 computer. Here are a few suggestions you could try to troubleshoot and resolve the issue:

Install the drivers manually: You can try downloading and installing the driver for your controller manually. You can find the latest driver for the X-plorer controller on the manufacturer's website or try searching for it on the internet. Once you've downloaded the driver, extract the files and run the setup file to install the driver on your computer.

Use a different USB port: Sometimes, using a different USB port can resolve the issue. Try plugging your X-plorer controller into a different USB port on your computer and see if it works.

Check the USB cable: The issue may also be related to a faulty or damaged USB cable. Try using a different USB cable to connect the X-plorer controller to your computer.

Update Windows: Ensure that your Windows 10 is up to date by installing the latest updates. This can help fix any bugs or issues with the operating system that may be preventing your controller from working properly.

Check the compatibility of the controller: Some older controllers may not be compatible with Windows 10. Check the manufacturer's website to confirm if the controller is compatible with Windows 10 or if there are any specific instructions for using the controller on this operating system.
  3. Videea Win User

cant connect an Xbox 360 controller to PC windows 10 via cable

I have a VERY similar issue... i think you are talking about a wired 360 controller, but I am more specifically talking about a wired 360 guitar (controller). mine also is recognized by windows 10 as a 360 controller (not a guitar), and despite everything I do with them (i have 2)... it will not work on my xbox 1 x through windows 10 (and the xbox companion app built into windows 10). I was able to get my xbox 1 wired regular controller to work using windows 10. if you find an answer, please let me know, it will likely fix my issue as well, even though my issue is slightly different
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Can I use Xbox 360 controller for windows 10?

Hi,

Both wired and wireless Xbox 360 controllers work on Windows 10. Wired is just plug and play while wireless controllers need a receiver. I know 360 controllers work as I've used them on my own gaming PC running the latest version of Win 10.
  5. Relief26 Win User

xbox 360 controller pc wireless with World War Z

Im having the same problem, where my wired xbox 360 controller which works with windows 10 is not being read by world war z, anyone found a solution? I don't think you can update a wired xbox 360 controller. Works fine with all other windows 10 games except
    World war z
  6. Alough_816 Win User

Can I use Xbox 360 controller for windows 10?

Hi,

Both wired and wireless Xbox 360 controllers work on Windows 10. Wired is just plug and play while wireless controllers need a receiver. I know 360 controllers work as I've used them on my own gaming PC running the latest version of Win 10.
    Thank you for the info!
Thema:

1. X-plorer wired controller not working for windows 10 - Similar Threads - plorer wired controller

2. Wired connection issue on Xbox X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wired connection issue on Xbox X: Hi. My Xbox x is showing a wired connection plugged in. There is no wire connection as I only use wifi. Xbox stuck on check wired connection. This happened after a power failure in the...
  3. My wired Xbox controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    My wired Xbox controller: Hey I bought a wired Xbox controller in December and it won’t work on my Xbox one till this day * Moved from Community Center 08594fb2-87f5-4e39-a978-c09a25b66842
  4. My wired controller won't turn on. on my xbox but work on my brother xbox

in XBoX on Windows
    My wired controller won't turn on. on my xbox but work on my brother xbox: My wired controller won't turn on. on my xbox but work on my brother xbox e667e29d-baa6-4e38-b72a-77fe31dd074f
  5. My Xbox Controller won't appear in the bluethooth tab, but it will connect via wire.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Controller won't appear in the bluethooth tab, but it will connect via wire.: I've been trying to connect my Xbox controller to my pc via bluethooth but it won't appear in the bluethooth area, I tried updating the drivers, updating the controller through the Xbox...
  6. Wired mac code BC-85-57-8C-CF get this mac address

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wired mac code BC-85-57-8C-CF get this mac address: Y do I getting g this address my xbox connects for a little while then kicks me off wifi. How do I change my mac address back to my old one? b450bea7-0b15-44c2-93c9-90a5fc830280
  7. How to power on the RGB lights in my wired headset for Xbox series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to power on the RGB lights in my wired headset for Xbox series X: The Headset Audio works is there a way to Connect the USB part of the headset cord to the rear of the XBOX series X Controller for power? 1b3a4ce7-9c22-415b-a49b-eb315628f2e3
  8. My wired Xbox 360 controller isn't recognized by Windows anymore.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My wired Xbox 360 controller isn't recognized by Windows anymore.: I have a wired Xbox 360 controller and Windows 11. When I plug in the controller it says "USB device not recognized. The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and Windows...
  9. Xbox controller when wired to PC stops responding every time when put at certain angles

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller when wired to PC stops responding every time when put at certain angles: I plug in my Xbox wireless controller to PC for gaming. Whenever I put it down or it reaches at a level angle, it immediately stops responding (all buttons stop working but the light is on). The...
  10. My guitar X-plorer when plugged in isn't working, the power button lits up as player 3 but...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My guitar X-plorer when plugged in isn't working, the power button lits up as player 3 but...: When I plug my X-plorer guitar in my computer, it actually light up the power button but i can't seem to be able to use it. I've tried to change ports, restart pc, update drivers, uninstall and...