X Button pressing randomly on Xbox One controller

Discus and support X Button pressing randomly on Xbox One controller in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I bought a wired Xbox One controller to play games on my PC with a controller and it worked fine on games like Rocket League for a few months, until... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by VicTheNic, Jul 19, 2021.

1. VicTheNic
    VicTheNic Guest

I bought a wired Xbox One controller to play games on my PC with a controller and it worked fine on games like Rocket League for a few months, until today where the X button keeps being pressed randomly. (Rocket League) I have the X Button put on Reset Ball and Scoreboard, so randomly in training or in a game Scoreboard will pop up or the ball will reset. It’s really annoying, and I tried restarting the device on my PC, but with no such luck.

:)

VicTheNic, Jul 19, 2021
  2. VicTheNic Win User

I forgot to mention that I have Jump on my A button, so you might say I’m pressing X on accident when I jump, but I recorded my controller many times and whenever this happens I am not pressing X.
  3. Oldlink Win User

Xbox One X randomly disconnects all controllers during middle of game.

I don't get the same problem as you but kind of similar. My Xbox one X turns itself on randomly and also suggest stopped doing anything when the A button is pressed on the home screens. It recognizes that you pressed the button, it just doesn't do anything.
    If you hold the button down it might recognize it eventually. It does this with every controller I have so it's not the controllers.
  4. Toxic Raven Win User

XBOX Controller randomly presses buttons!

I recommend cleaning your controller. Dirt and gunk can build up. You can use toothpicks to clean around the buttons. You can also use mild, disinfecting wipes to give it a general surface clean.
  5. xOx DECOY xOx Win User

Then if it is brand new I would recommend have a word with the place you got it from as it could be a fault with the pad and if you have only have it a couple of weeks then you should have problem returning it.
  6. ArshTech Win User

The console is brand new, only a few hours of play. Got it a few weeks ago in December. Though did thouroughly clean it with a towel making sure not to make it worse. LOL. It's brand new!
Thema:

1. X Button pressing randomly on Xbox One controller - Similar Threads - Button pressing randomly

2. My Xbox controller keeps randomly pressing buttons

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox controller keeps randomly pressing buttons: Whenever I tried to use it on Xbox app (PC Version), the game controller goes nuts by rapidly switching between keyboard mapping and controller mapping. When I test it on Xbox Accessories App, I...
  3. Xbox Elite Series 2 controller keeps disconnecting when I press and hold any button

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 controller keeps disconnecting when I press and hold any button: I recently bought an Elite Xbox Series 2 controller for my PC, and I ran into an issue where every time I press and hold (edit: any button), the controller would briefly disconnect (no input, xbox...
  4. Hi overtime I am in a game and I press the home button the press b to go back to the game I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi overtime I am in a game and I press the home button the press b to go back to the game I...: Hi overtime I am in a game and I press the home button the press b to go back to the game I get a black screen for like 10 seconds a88fdc63-0175-4e35-bf04-7a806d6f52db
  5. Why does my Monitor go black on 120Hz when I press the B button to come out of the dashboard?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Monitor go black on 120Hz when I press the B button to come out of the dashboard?: Whenever I’m on a game such as Warzone and press the middle button, when I then come out of the Xbox menu, it goes black for about 3-4 seconds. It’s seriously annoying and I feel like I’ve tried...
  6. My left and bottom buttons on my D-Pad need very precise presses to send output. How do I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My left and bottom buttons on my D-Pad need very precise presses to send output. How do I...: I'm using an Xbox One S controller. I have tried to wipe them and it only fixed it for a short matter of time. Can somebody please tell me your method of fixing this?...
  7. My Xbox controller keeps randomly pressing buttons.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox controller keeps randomly pressing buttons.: My Xbox controller keeps randomly pressing the capture button, Y button and causes my left joystick to go down (note my controller has not suffered from stick drift in the past). This issue only...
  8. How to fix random button pressing

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix random button pressing: I have just got a new controller about a month or 2 ago and it has started to press random buttons that im not pressing or doesnt let me press certain buttons even though they aren't broken....
  9. Wireless xbox controller randomly pressing buttons

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless xbox controller randomly pressing buttons: Hi all So I recently got a wireless Xbox 360 controller, and for a few days it's been working fine, however starting today it's acting.. Weird The joystick, for example, seems to somehow control...
  10. When I’m playing games on my Xbox, one random buttons are being pressed!

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I’m playing games on my Xbox, one random buttons are being pressed!: When I’m playing on my Xbox, my controller keeps clicking, sound buttons and constantly screen recording and I cleaned the controller and updated it and soft reset the consol...