X button on controller stopped working

Discus and support X button on controller stopped working in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox one controller recently was working 100% perfect until yesterday and the x button wont work at all, my extra controller also wont connect to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by LastDomentus, Oct 22, 2017.

1. LastDomentus
    LastDomentus Guest

My Xbox one controller recently was working 100% perfect until yesterday and the x button wont work at all, my extra controller also wont connect to the Xbox one at all even with the same batteries and battery pack that works fine
    with the other one. If anyone could help I'd really appreciate it

:)

LastDomentus, Oct 22, 2017
  2. What do I do if my START button has stopped working on my xbox one controller

What do I do if my START button has stopped working on my xbox one controller?

DamianHammond, Oct 22, 2017
  3. Mister Maka
    Mister Maka Guest
    Controller shoulder button stopped working

Heya I Fresh 23 I!

Sorry to hear about the controller troubles. If there is physical damage with your controller then a replacement is going to be your best option. Please make sure not to bump older threads, as this particular thread was created in 2014. If you'd like some
    troubleshooting assistance please create a new thread, we're happy to help out X button on controller stopped working :)

Mister Maka, Oct 22, 2017
  4. J3RS3Y DEVIL
    J3RS3Y DEVIL Guest

J3RS3Y DEVIL, Oct 23, 2017
  5. J3RS3Y DEVIL Win User

6. Mister Maka Win User

Heya I Fresh 23 I!

Sorry to hear about the controller troubles. If there is physical damage with your controller then a replacement is going to be your best option. Please make sure not to bump older threads, as this particular thread was created in 2014. If you'd like some
    troubleshooting assistance please create a new thread, we're happy to help out :)
  7. I Fresh 23 I Win User

There has to be a problem with these. My first controllers' LB button never felt right, then got worse over time and became extremely inconsistent. Then the RB button on that same controller gave out completely without warning. So I bought a new controller
    only about 3 months ago, LB button worked fine for around 2 months, and now it's inconsistent. I do not beat up my controllers at all so it's not me.

I'd would be nice if Microsoft could at the very least, make a repair kit with the security wrench and shoulder buttons available for purchase.
  8. Mungbufu Win User

Mine hasn't stopped working as of yet, but it isn't as responsive as a 3 month old controller should be. The quality of their controllers and mics are very suspect.
  9. MartelX Win User

I expected better quality. I too have a shoulder button that has stopped working ( the right) and I have only used the system 3 days. That's starting from 12-24-2014. Mine is under warranty and I am going thru the replacement process but I am a bit *** that
    my free trial of Xbox live will expire while this thing is in transit. Basically I got it 3 days and they say 10 business days so maybe before next month I can hopefully use my system.

I am an IT person I tested this issue with other apps and it still failed. I also don't have kids so it's not like anyone else abused it and I am pretty careful with my stuff. I was hesitant to get an Xbox after all the issues the 360 had and I also waited
    a year for the bugs to get worked out. Obviously this wasn't the case. Also it may be worth mentioning I had run the update for the new firmware for the controller prior to this issue. But that was the second day of ownership.
Thema:

1. X button on controller stopped working - Similar Threads - button controller stopped

2. the l3 button on my Xbox One controller has stopped working, i was wondering if this is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    the l3 button on my Xbox One controller has stopped working, i was wondering if this is...: the L3 button stopped working normally around 2 weeks ago, after over a year of daily use (6+ hour per day), i was wondering if this could be repaired, or if i should just get a new controller?...
  3. Xbox Series X Controller buttons have stopped working after firmware update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Controller buttons have stopped working after firmware update: Hello, Recently I've experienced some connectivity issues with my xbox series x controller. Through official Microsoft channels, I've found out that it is possible to do a firmware update. I...
  4. Xbox series x elite 2 controller. Works to turn on system all other buttons stopped working...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x elite 2 controller. Works to turn on system all other buttons stopped working...: Per title I walked away from my system. The controller lost connection. When I came back into connection range buttons do not work on controller. Except for power button still turns on the system....
  5. Xbox Series X Sync button/synced controller stopped. Sync button must work as I am able to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Sync button/synced controller stopped. Sync button must work as I am able to...: My controller stopped working/syncing randomly when in sleep mode. I noticed it was no longer synced. The sync button doesn't blink (to re-sync) on the series x console. I tried the steps listed...
  6. Xbox Series S Controller buttons stop working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S Controller buttons stop working: So this is the second controller this has happened to. I’ll go to start my Xbox with the controller as usual, and that works fine. But then once the Xbox is on, the controller is useless. It’s...
  7. Xbox One Controller Menu button stopped working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Controller Menu button stopped working: The menu button (the one with 3 dashes) of 2 of my xbox copntrollers stopped working. Bith controllers are up to date and fully working except for the menu button. I connected to a newer Xbox SX...
  8. XBOX Controller (XB1 S version) menu button stopped working

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Controller (XB1 S version) menu button stopped working: This is the second controller that has the same issue, the menu button stopped working completely. Both controllers are XBOX 1 S type, bought in different moments and from different stores. On...
  9. How do i fix my Xbox one controller (A) button to stop sticking?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do i fix my Xbox one controller (A) button to stop sticking?: I just got my New Xbox controller for Christmas and it has its (A) button sticky like maple syrup.The controller is not made by Xbox if you were wandering. fd1f6df2-7a8c-49a4-b2f0-552072394935
  10. Xbox Controller home button stopped working once I connected to android device

in XBoX on Mobile
    Xbox Controller home button stopped working once I connected to android device: Hi, I recently began using the streaming app to play on my phone. for the most part; works great. however, the home button of the controller connected to my phone has stopped working. I can...