X Box Series X Power light comes on then Shuts off

Discus and support X Box Series X Power light comes on then Shuts off in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I Have managed to use my new X Box Series X 3 times. I have three games, one which downloaded a 110Gig update!! However, I have been playing Fifa 21... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Andrew Wardle, Jun 3, 2021.

1. Andrew Wardle
    Andrew Wardle New Member

I Have managed to use my new X Box Series X 3 times. I have three games, one which downloaded a 110Gig update!! However, I have been playing Fifa 21 and the disk is still in the machine.
    Last night I went to turn my machine on, the Xbox light came up and then went off. A microsecond later you can here a feint click. Over the next few hours I tried the back door boot and checked the power leads etc etc. It's quite frustrating. I even left everything unplugged for over an hour and then tried with just the power lead in only, still not working. Any advice other than taking it back to the store? I'm in Upper Hutt, New Zealand and bought it from JB Hifi, having been on a waiting list for over 6 months. One Xbox Series X that doesn't work and a game disk inside it.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2021
    Andrew Wardle, Jun 3, 2021
  2. Andrew Wardle
    Andrew Wardle New Member
    My Xbox is a series X and the power up button is "White" when there is power. The only fact is, that when pushed it lights up for about a second and then goes out. It says, there is power to it but.....

Last edited: Jun 4, 2021
    Andrew Wardle, Jun 4, 2021
  3. Smwutches Win User

The green light on top of my Xbox X

The One X or Series X? Either way, there's not a green light. The only light on the console is the power button which should be white.
  4. sokande Win User

Xbox 360 Slim will not turn on but when plugged in, power button and disc tray button make the usual noise but Xbox won't turn on.

i basically have the same issue, my xbox slim has worked perfectly up until today, i went to turn it on and the green light comes on for a sec then shuts right off, my power light on the power cord box is orange, it goes green for like half a sec when i
    turn it on then it shuts right off.
  5. Nero2389 Win User

my xbox keeps shutting off!!

oh and the light turns red on the power box when it shuts off
  6. MoDeRn PhYcHo Win User

Console shuts down No Warnings or Errors?

TY for your time it was the power box. Support said if it is red light when it shuts off its the power box if its orange it is the console!!!
  7. MikePenunuri Win User

Xbox Bricked after Microsoft mandatory update.

Hi njal blue ,id like to try a factory reset but it wont power on the power wire lights up orange till i plug in the xbox the the light turns white,then turns off x box never turns on. Thank you for your help.
Thema:

1. X Box Series X Power light comes on then Shuts off - Similar Threads - Box Series Power

2. Will there be a X box Series X Pro with upgraded Hardware and performance?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will there be a X box Series X Pro with upgraded Hardware and performance?: I’m sure you are aware of some of the social media outrage over the new speculated X Box. As someone who is planning to join the X Box community soon I am sort of disappointed in the leaks. This...
  3. X-Box Series S Cannot connect to internet in china

in XBoX on Consoles
    X-Box Series S Cannot connect to internet in china: Hi, I live in mainland china and just brought a Xbox series s over from Australia and it doesn’t connect to the internet. Because of this I can’t play any online games update games or get new...
  4. On my X Box Series S console, Microsoft Flight Simulator is not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    On my X Box Series S console, Microsoft Flight Simulator is not working: It says I am offline when the consol says I am connected to my internet 023098d0-763f-4e77-ac2e-1c121c25b063
  5. X Box Series WiFi Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    X Box Series WiFi Issue: Hello my guy has a X Box Series X and he's having to connect to WiFi almost everytime he cuts it on then most times it doesn't automatically connect and it makes us restart our router then it...
  6. X box series s disconnects from wifi every time i turn it off and on, what can i do to fix it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    X box series s disconnects from wifi every time i turn it off and on, what can i do to fix it?: My xbox keeps on disconnecting every time i log in to play, and when i try to reconnect it to WiFi, it takes up to 30 tries to be successful, is really stressful having to type the password 30...
  7. Microsoft elite series 2 replacement used with issues out of the box

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft elite series 2 replacement used with issues out of the box: Why spend 90 bucks for a used controller that wasn't inspected. Just received it today. Left stick sticks when going right. And the audio port is dead. Had to clean the controller covered in...
  8. Xbox Series X, I lost my Wish List on non-insider box.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X, I lost my Wish List on non-insider box.: I am not insider, but, I think this is the appropriate place to ask technically problems? I am in LA area, a few days ago, I noticed my wish list is empty. I am pretty sure I didn't remove it...
  9. I sent in an xbox series 2 red controller but never received it in the original box I sent...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I sent in an xbox series 2 red controller but never received it in the original box I sent...: I sent a red elite series 2 controller in for repair in the original box and received the controller in a brown standard box which is not the original box I sent it in....
  10. X box series x power supply issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    X box series x power supply issue: Guys I have been with x box for 21 years (2003). I am highly disappointed in the customer service and support I have received with this power supply issue. It’s been a roller coaster to say the...