X box one not powering up - turns itself off straight away

Discus and support X box one not powering up - turns itself off straight away in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, We are having problems with my son's X box one S - as soon as we try and turn it on - it shuts itself down within a second or two. We have tried... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by gillianSibbring, Jan 31, 2019.

1. X box one not powering up - turns itself off straight away

Hi,

We are having problems with my son's X box one S - as soon as we try and turn it on - it shuts itself down within a second or two.

We have tried turning it off and back on again (including unplugging it completley) but this has not helped.

it is now out of waarenty, but only just over a year old. Is there anything else we can try before sending it in for a repair?

Many thanks.

:)

gillianSibbring, Jan 31, 2019
  2. HyperVenom523 Win User

It can be 3 things going on:

1. The power outlet

2. The Xbox One S cable is damaged

3. The Xbox One S power supply is burnt

Verify if you still have waranty and get a new one...
  3. XBA_Hype Win User

be sure to have the xbox plugged into the main wall outlet as extension leads don't supply the full required power
  4. InsectCentaur37 Win User

Hi there!

Is your console directly connected to a power outlet?

If not, please do connect it directly to a power outlet.

If the issue still persist, it needs to be repaired or replaced.
  5. XBA_Hype Win User

this can happen when you have it plugged into an extension lead as it doesn't get the full amount of power needed. please make sure you have it connected to a main wall outlet.
  6. Fearless Reign7 Win User

Make sure the power plug is firmly in the outlet. Maybe try a dif outlet.

are cables firmly plugged in the xbox?

make sure nothing id blocking the vents of the console
Thema:

1. X box one not powering up - turns itself off straight away - Similar Threads - box powering turns

2. Console or power box issue?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Console or power box issue?: I’m having trouble with my original Xbox one. I don’t know if it’s the power box the console itself. I have an after market power box because the original stopped working. Anyway, I plug the power...
  3. i have an x box one s, and when powered off it is making an electrical ticking noise. i...

in XBoX on Windows
    i have an x box one s, and when powered off it is making an electrical ticking noise. i...: hi, i have an x box one s, and when powered off is making a faint but audible electrical ticking noise. i have checked it is in energy saving mode but is still making the noise. the noise goes...
  4. X BOX 360 STARS WARS EDITION console power button turn red flashes 9 times then powers off?

in XBoX on Windows
    X BOX 360 STARS WARS EDITION console power button turn red flashes 9 times then powers off?: center of power button turns blue then changes to red flashing 9 times then off goes the console. nothing on the screen? should i through it away ? i am able to soldier and fix some electronics....
  5. X box series x power supply issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    X box series x power supply issue: Guys I have been with x box for 21 years (2003). I am highly disappointed in the customer service and support I have received with this power supply issue. It’s been a roller coaster to say the...
  6. purchased a new power brick from e bay which was suitable for my x box one . the led light...

in XBoX on Consoles
    purchased a new power brick from e bay which was suitable for my x box one . the led light...: need help with the above question f02c1c57-ebc2-487d-91c4-fbd4ca38a7af
  7. What happens when your power box keeps clicking

in XBoX on Consoles
    What happens when your power box keeps clicking: Last night I turned off my power so it can cool down. Now it keeps clicking and won't turn on 5fa006fc-d179-441e-a844-6ac3e52863f6
  8. What happens when your power box keeps clicking

in XBoX on Consoles
    What happens when your power box keeps clicking: So last night I turned off my power box so it can cool down and now it keeps clicking and won't turn on 97a640e0-51e0-411f-8c42-4e054f0f8d5f
  9. My Xbox one power box has a steady orange light but won’t turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox one power box has a steady orange light but won’t turn on: Hello all hope everyone days going well, I’ve come for some assistance in turning on my Xbox one. I currently have the orange power box issue, this has happened before and was solved after I...
  10. X box won't turn on, i know the problem isn't the power brick

in XBoX on Consoles
    X box won't turn on, i know the problem isn't the power brick: So my power brick is doing that Orange light thing and the my Xbox, when i go to turn it on turns on for less then a second then turns off, i tried my power brick on my cousins Xbox and it worked...