X-Box One Blu-Ray player won't install 0x80073cf9

Discus and support X-Box One Blu-Ray player won't install 0x80073cf9 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I had to reset my X-Box One because I had downloading issues, those were solved, but guess what, I got another one in return: The blu-ray player (I use... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by J.J. van der Horst, Jul 21, 2022.

1. X-Box One Blu-Ray player won't install 0x80073cf9

I had to reset my X-Box One because I had downloading issues, those were solved, but guess what, I got another one in return:
    The blu-ray player (I use to play 4K discs!) does not install.
    Does anyone know a solution to this, or an off-line installation method, an alternative 4K disk player?

:)

J.J. van der Horst, Jul 21, 2022
  2. J.J. van der Horst Win User

The final solution with Primary DNS 1.1.1.1 and secondary DNS 1.0.0.1 solved the isssue,

Thank you all for the quick responses!
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this J.J

Are you receiving this error code only when you try downloading the Blu-Ray player from the Microsoft Store?

May I know if you tried power cycling your console?

1. Turn off your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it shuts down completely.

2. Unplug the console's power cable from the console and from the power outlet. Wait 5 minutes.

Important: Be sure to wait at least 5 minutes. This step resets the power supply.

3. Plug the console power cable back in.

4. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn it on.

Also disconnect your router from power for about 3 minutes. Then connect it again an when everything is working, try again

Or if you already tried that or something else, please let me know.

In that way I can advise you different things, I'll be waiting for your reply
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hey, that's amazing!
    I'm glad to hear that you was able to download the Blu ray app

Take care
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

J.J. may I know if you are able to use another wifi network and give it a new try?

If you have mobile data, enable wifi hotspot and connect your console in that way

If not, you can try changing temporarily your Xbox network DNS and try:

go to Settings > Network > Advanced Settings

Once you’re inside the Advanced Settings menu, go to DNS settings and select Manual from the list of available options.

When you get to the next screen, enter 8.8.8.8 in the box associated with the Primary DNS and 8.8.4.4 in the Secondary DNS box.

Once the default DNS addresses have been changed, restart your console and see if the issue has been resolved at the next console startup.

*(If the issue persists, change again the DNS to these other, primary: 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1 as secondary)
  6. J.J. van der Horst Win User

Yes, I already tried this.
    No succes
Thema:

1. X-Box One Blu-Ray player won't install 0x80073cf9 - Similar Threads - Box Blu Ray

2. If my red power supply box from my Xbox stays red does that mean I need a new power supply...

in XBoX on Consoles
    If my red power supply box from my Xbox stays red does that mean I need a new power supply...: If my red power supply box from my Xbox stays red does that mean I need a new power supply box?? e1f77642-3808-42b4-9e32-12fb9e7b46f4
  3. Can my Xbox Series S controller be replaced if it came out of the box faulty/broken

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can my Xbox Series S controller be replaced if it came out of the box faulty/broken: I want to know if it's too late to replace it, sense it came faulty It was paid for and I wasn't expecting it to have broken analog sticks, hope it can be replaced it's the only controller. I...
  4. X-Box One Blu-Ray issue

in XBoX on Windows
    X-Box One Blu-Ray issue: my blu rays keep glitching on my xbox one I've tried to play said blu rays on my regular blu-ray player with the same results so I need to know is it the console/player or do I have to buy said...
  5. On xbox while on mircosft edge and on keyboard how do you get rid of the text box on the screen

in XBoX on Windows
    On xbox while on mircosft edge and on keyboard how do you get rid of the text box on the screen: On xbox while on mircosft edge and on keyboard how do you get rid of the text box on the screen bcc5a3af-b8f0-4562-a689-5447d0a34a0e
  6. Is anyone else having trouble logging into X-Box live on the 360?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is anyone else having trouble logging into X-Box live on the 360?: My X-Box 360 won't allow me to upload my profile and my Series X won't allow me to sign into X-Box Live on 360 games. I tried toggling my recurring payment for Gamepass Ultimate. Deleted my...
  7. My x-box game bar capture option just dissapear, how do i fix it?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My x-box game bar capture option just dissapear, how do i fix it?: I tried to upload a jpeg and png file but its just said that something went wrong so I cant show you the picture. But anyway, for some reason my xbox game bar just wont capture and when I go into...
  8. Sealed New Xbox360 500gb blu.. box and sticker do NOT get along! Help!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sealed New Xbox360 500gb blu.. box and sticker do NOT get along! Help!: Hi I bought an Xbox360E (still sealed).. I dont want to open til I'm sure is a 500gb blu limited ed. ! Box says 500gb blu but sticker (on box) 250gb ! Bought from Gamestop. Please help me...
  9. x box one x and optoma uhd65 projector blu ray problem 24hz

in XBoX on Consoles
    x box one x and optoma uhd65 projector blu ray problem 24hz: HI I have problem with x box one x and optoma uhd65 projector.Blu ray discs wont output right when 24hz setting is on. It is always outputting rgb instead of ycbcr and causing problems with sync....
  10. Xbox One Blu-ray Player - Dark Knight Box Set - Odd Results

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Blu-ray Player - Dark Knight Box Set - Odd Results: Got a box set of the Dark Knight Trilogy with some special features discs. There are 6 discs in total in the box set, 4 play on the XBOX One, 2 don't.. The 2 that don't work, happen to be The...