X-Box Music App - Windows 8.1 mobile - Songs not grouped by Album in Album View

Discus and support X-Box Music App - Windows 8.1 mobile - Songs not grouped by Album in Album View in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, In the XBOX Music App, Songs belonging to a compilation\album are appearing as separate items despite having the same album title in the track... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by RichardCannock, Jan 6, 2016.

1. X-Box Music App - Windows 8.1 mobile - Songs not grouped by Album in Album View

Hi,

In the XBOX Music App, Songs belonging to a compilation\album are appearing as separate items despite having the same album title in the track properties in windows explorer, as well as being same file system folder and album folder on the file system.

Dropbox - duplicates.jpg

Dropbox - sdcardlayout.png

Dropbox - trackdetails.png

Please advise. Thanks.

:)

RichardCannock, Jan 6, 2016
  2. AZDiscus
    AZDiscus Guest
    Xbox Music can't play songs in order

Swipe to collection, tap 'artists' or albums', if you tapped 'artists' then tap an artist to see the albums by that artist and tap to play an album or if you tapped albums then tap to play an album. Xbox Music will not play the songs in proper order but
    randomly instead. My music is properly tagged with song numbers. I'm totally obsessive about my tagging. This is a big, big deal on many albums. Almost every Pink Floyd album for example, Alice Cooper's Zipper Catches Skin for another. Too many to list really.

This has been the case for MS built-in media player since Windows Mobile. I'm about to go nuts waiting for MS to get this tiny little simple thing right.

AZDiscus, Jan 6, 2016
  3. JamieVet82
    JamieVet82 Guest
    Xbox music download

I purchased an album through music on my windows 8 pc. One song from the album has not downloaded, and continues to give a download error. The song will stream, but not download into my music files.

JamieVet82, Jan 6, 2016
  4. Benzman_29 Win User

"Add to my music" doesn't work for full albums - Windows RT

Here is the sequence of steps to download an album, at least as I do it on the Surface with my Xbox Music subscription. Not guaranteeing it will work for you but worth a try.

When a song is playing, a panel is displayed with a photograph and some text naming the song and artist. Above this panel is the label, "now playing." Click on the panel, and a new screen should open that shows the album from which the song comes. To the
    right, there is "bio" panel with the biography of the artist. To the right of that is a list of the artist's albums. If there are more albums than can fit on the screen, there is a label that says "view all albums". Either way, you can scroll through the list
    of albums. That is, you can scroll through the short list or scroll through the full list. When you see the album you want, click on the icon for that album. A white box will open in the center of the screen with a photo of the album cover on the left and
    a list of the songs in the album to the right. On the left under the photo, there will be some menu items. One of them should be "add to my music." Click that and the entire album will download.

To see the verification that the music downloading, click the white x above the white box and to the right. Then click the x above the list of albums. That brings you back to the page with the bio and the album cover. You should see "downloading nn songs"
    on the top right of the screen.

When you see the menu entry to add the album to your music, there is also an option to buy the album and one or two others.

Good luck! Hope it works for you. It me a while to figure this out. It takes quite a few steps, they do not make it easy!
  5. luemiccaeliott Win User

Xbox Music Library Frustration

The music is in my music directory. I am using XBOX Music for the first time on my Windows 8.1 PC. I noticed no patterns but I cannot individually move them to the right album. Select one and it wants you to move the entire album which in many cases isn't
    possible.
  6. airmattdog Win User

Xbox Music Pass

Not all songs are able to be downloaded with Xbox/Zune Music Pass. I can confirm that the three tracks on the 20th Century Masters album are listed as Album Only, you would have to purchase the album in order to get all the songs.
  7. darrylsk Win User

How do I remove music from my Xbox music cloud collection?

I can remove a song from a playlist on my phone by deleting the entire album in the XBox App on my cloud-synced PC. This only works if the song is set for streaming. If the song has been downloaded, slide over to the song list and delete it first. The
    song will still appear, in both the song list and the play list, but now the ((*)) icon will appear next to the artist's name in both lists. Then, go back to the PC and remove the entire album. The song (and any other streaming songs from that album) will
    disappear completely from the phone. Any downloaded songs will remain where they were. You can then add the album back to "My Music" if you want.
  8. buddygreat Win User

Audio CD Player

Galactic geek. It plays, but I've had the xbox from day one of release. The audio CD player showed the album artwork(cover), the name of the album, the name of the song playing. This is supplied by gracenote, the same company who supplies this stuff to
    apple and Sony for iTunes and ps4. All you get now is a grey box where the album artwork should be, unknown album where the album title should be and unknown song where the song title should be.

This has only occurred in the last 3-4 weeks. I'm hoping with the next update this is fixed if not sooner. I have over 1000 CDs and bought the xbox one with this in mind. I used windows media centre on the Xbox 360 which was excellent but obviously Microsoft
    have got rid of this for xbox one in the hope we all use the subscription service for music which I do. I wish they would bring back windows media center for guys and girls who want access to their own music collections. The current set up is rubbish
Thema:

X-Box Music App - Windows 8.1 mobile - Songs not grouped by Album in Album View

1. X-Box Music App - Windows 8.1 mobile - Songs not grouped by Album in Album View - Similar Threads - Box Music App

2. X box cloud or install wont load Conan exiles for 2 days….any help or input greatly appreciated

in XBoX on Consoles
    X box cloud or install wont load Conan exiles for 2 days….any help or input greatly appreciated: Conan exiles wont work via game pass install or via cloud gaming. When on the cloud it will load and go to olay then says player disconnected. The cloud wont let me play conan for over 2 days now....
  3. Will there be a X box Series X Pro with upgraded Hardware and performance?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will there be a X box Series X Pro with upgraded Hardware and performance?: I’m sure you are aware of some of the social media outrage over the new speculated X Box. As someone who is planning to join the X Box community soon I am sort of disappointed in the leaks. This...
  4. X-Box Series S Cannot connect to internet in china

in XBoX on Consoles
    X-Box Series S Cannot connect to internet in china: Hi, I live in mainland china and just brought a Xbox series s over from Australia and it doesn’t connect to the internet. Because of this I can’t play any online games update games or get new...
  5. On my X Box Series S console, Microsoft Flight Simulator is not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    On my X Box Series S console, Microsoft Flight Simulator is not working: It says I am offline when the consol says I am connected to my internet 023098d0-763f-4e77-ac2e-1c121c25b063
  6. Im not able to login on the x box or Microsoft.Com i e been hacked, my game tag since bc is...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Im not able to login on the x box or Microsoft.Com i e been hacked, my game tag since bc is...: Im not able to login on the x box or Microsoft.Com i e been hacked, my game Name since the start is Xaywer, dont get it....... Pls tips 0fc9e936-32dd-42f6-83ee-579d1c03e71e
  7. X Box Series WiFi Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    X Box Series WiFi Issue: Hello my guy has a X Box Series X and he's having to connect to WiFi almost everytime he cuts it on then most times it doesn't automatically connect and it makes us restart our router then it...
  8. X box series s disconnects from wifi every time i turn it off and on, what can i do to fix it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    X box series s disconnects from wifi every time i turn it off and on, what can i do to fix it?: My xbox keeps on disconnecting every time i log in to play, and when i try to reconnect it to WiFi, it takes up to 30 tries to be successful, is really stressful having to type the password 30...
  9. Removing the X-box taskbar button

in XBoX on Windows
    Removing the X-box taskbar button: Every day I hate Microsoft more and more because of this forced taskbar button, no matter how much I try to remove it it just keeps popping up. I don't even use it and I can't even uninstall it...
  10. X box music free on windows 8.1 wtf

in XBoX on Consoles
    X box music free on windows 8.1 wtf: I do not actually mind that x box music isnt free on the x box one however I am a little bit annoyed that it is free on windows 8.1. We all pay for our x box live membership and are getting a raw...