X-box mic stopped working

Discus and support X-box mic stopped working in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, My microphone was working fine for several month and all of a sudden stopped. It doesnt work in x-box parties or in games. My xbox is update to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by HardMermaid, Sep 12, 2020.

1. HardMermaid
    HardMermaid Guest

Hi,

My microphone was working fine for several month and all of a sudden stopped. It doesnt work in x-box parties or in games.

My xbox is update to date

My controllers are up to date. Ive tried both.

I have two mics/headsets. I get audio on both.

When I turn the mic on/off, it transmits a sound.

Mic is on and not muted.

Please let me know if you have any possible solutions.

Thank you.

:)

HardMermaid, Sep 12, 2020
  2. BUBASAUROUS REX Win User

X box chat problems

sorry been busy, i have a wired mic, and you see its more than the mic, i look on my chat screen and the voice speaker icon will disappear when they are talking and they confirm they are, it will cut in and out. Really fustrating for people on both sides,
    sometimes i will stop using the x box because of it. No interfearence that im aware of, microwave is in a diferent room and its not used when im talking. I am using a wireless controller that came with my call of duty mw3 x box. Any one else have this issue?
  3. Ix Butters xl Win User

Week suspension lifted and still unable to use voice communications

I've tried multiple mics so I know its not the mic. It really seems x-box enforcement is the root cause
  4. DestinJones Win User

Issue with new Arctis 9x and xbox keyboard

The keyboard itself plugs into my controller and the usb, I have plugged into the usb port on the front of my xbox series x. When using the keyboard, the keyboard works but the mic stops working.
  5. Remember Pluto Win User

Muting a players mic

If you muted someone and there mic never stopping going then you will continue to hear them. There mic has to stop for the mic to start working.
  6. EthanCollins1 Win User

Controller mute icon

I agree, I have the same issue and everything is brand new.

Was working fine and now no sound or mic when plugged into the controller, but as you've mentioned the muted mic is on the home screen and will not clear no matter what I do.

Box reset didn't clear it either.

The only correlation was Fortnite and stopped through the game.
Thema:

1. X-box mic stopped working - Similar Threads - box mic stopped

2. X box cloud or install wont load Conan exiles for 2 days….any help or input greatly appreciated

in XBoX on Consoles
    X box cloud or install wont load Conan exiles for 2 days….any help or input greatly appreciated: Conan exiles wont work via game pass install or via cloud gaming. When on the cloud it will load and go to olay then says player disconnected. The cloud wont let me play conan for over 2 days now....
  3. Will there be a X box Series X Pro with upgraded Hardware and performance?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will there be a X box Series X Pro with upgraded Hardware and performance?: I’m sure you are aware of some of the social media outrage over the new speculated X Box. As someone who is planning to join the X Box community soon I am sort of disappointed in the leaks. This...
  4. X-Box Series S Cannot connect to internet in china

in XBoX on Consoles
    X-Box Series S Cannot connect to internet in china: Hi, I live in mainland china and just brought a Xbox series s over from Australia and it doesn’t connect to the internet. Because of this I can’t play any online games update games or get new...
  5. On my X Box Series S console, Microsoft Flight Simulator is not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    On my X Box Series S console, Microsoft Flight Simulator is not working: It says I am offline when the consol says I am connected to my internet 023098d0-763f-4e77-ac2e-1c121c25b063
  6. Im not able to login on the x box or Microsoft.Com i e been hacked, my game tag since bc is...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Im not able to login on the x box or Microsoft.Com i e been hacked, my game tag since bc is...: Im not able to login on the x box or Microsoft.Com i e been hacked, my game Name since the start is Xaywer, dont get it....... Pls tips 0fc9e936-32dd-42f6-83ee-579d1c03e71e
  7. Mic icon on mute - X box one.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic icon on mute - X box one.: The mic icon on the xbox one s is shown on the screen constantly with a slash through it. No headsets work at all, I have tried several different brands. The headset issue started a few weeks ago...
  8. X BOX ONE S - MUTED MIC

in XBoX on Consoles
    X BOX ONE S - MUTED MIC: Hi, My Son has an x-box one s and the mic is muted and is showing on screen that it is muted and we cannot resolve this issue. We have tried everything in support including a new headset which...
  9. My mic wasn't in the box

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    My mic wasn't in the box: when I bought my xbox bundle it came with everything except for the mic. I k is for a fact that it was supposed to coome with a mic 1c2c8aa3-847c-44c9-8e2f-08d1c7ad0966
  10. Box issued Xbox One mic is making a 'knocking' noise.. How do I fix?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Box issued Xbox One mic is making a 'knocking' noise.. How do I fix?: Hey guys, so i've had my Xbox One for about a month and as of last night it started making a weird noise apparently. I couldn't hear this noise so i thought it was my friend winding me up. So a...