X BOX LIVE ADULT ACCOUNT LINKING IN TO A CHILD ACCOUNT

Discus and support X BOX LIVE ADULT ACCOUNT LINKING IN TO A CHILD ACCOUNT in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Head is spinning trying to work out how to link my childrens account to the adult account on X BOX one. I dont game, but have managed to set myself... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by UnknitCentaur50, Aug 9, 2019.

1. X BOX LIVE ADULT ACCOUNT LINKING IN TO A CHILD ACCOUNT

Head is spinning trying to work out how to link my childrens account to the adult account on X BOX one.

I dont game, but have managed to set myself up as the adult. Iv paid for the years subscription for x box live.

Iv set up the kids in microsoft and linked into my personal email when they need permission or want to by things.

That parts simple.

But how do the kids access my adult subscription for x box live so they can play fortnite.

I just keep being promoted to pay £6.99 per child each month.

Any ideas?

:)

UnknitCentaur50, Aug 9, 2019
  2. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi Julie,

I'm sorry to hear that you are still having issues setting up parental controls on the child accounts added to the console. XBF Brad listed the steps to request a call from customer support earlier in the thread, but I will post the steps again:

1. Contact us here
    2. Select Xbox One
    3. Select See other options
    4. Select Payment & billing under Account management
    5. Select show contact options and go to step 4
    6. Select Request a call from Support if available within hours of operation or there should be a number for you to call and hours of operation for your region

I hope this can get resolved soon.
  3. XBF Brad A Win User

Hi Centuar,

We truly apologize for all the issues you are having. I do know there have been service alerts today. They were for signing in and such. SO what you need to do, is remove the child from the original family. Then add him as a family member to the new adult
    account you made. Once that is done then you can log on the adult profile and go change his Xbox live privacy settings. Here is a link for

troubleshooting changing privacy settings
    . We will do our best to help you get this resolved. Or as mentioned you can request a call from support, they will be able to assist you also. They can do more than I can as they are able to pull up your accounts
    and help that way.

Thanks,

Brad
  4. UnknitCentaur50 Win User

Honest Brad

I need to give this up as a lost course and smash the dam x box up!

My son has hacked into the world right now. Hes got grown women asking to be his friend whilst sending pictures of them selves with next to nothing on.

40-50 year old men trying to speak with him

Hes 10!

Iv tried for days now to lock this damm thing down and Im getting no where from this 'easy plug and play' consoul I was promised when i bought it.

I like to think im tech savey.

So heres my other issue.

1. I can go to settings / account

2. Family settings

Then it stops me.

It needs an adult to sign in.

It wont except my sign in. As Im already signed in.

So i set up a new profile as me with a new email address and it excepted that.

BUT

I cant get the kids into the family settings as they are already signed in.

HOWEVER.

I can do this on the mircrosoft account on line.

Notifications are working. Iv added money into their accounts from amazon gift cards. Iv also downloaded a few games for them. Each time I get notifcations, along with screen limits I have added, it sends me messages to request more time if they were to
    ask.

But for the life of me I cant get the kids set up on this blumming console for x box live.

I have done everything you have requested.

But the reality is I have a child on the autistic spectrum who can crack secruity codes for fun. Has no concept of danger and who I just can not keep safe.
  5. XBF Brad A Win User

Hi Centuar,

Thanks for the update. Try on your profile make sure the Xbox live subscription is active. IF it is would like to

remove both profiles from the console
    , then install your profile first then your sons account. May be a glitch or corrupt file causing it to not work. From what you stated on the home console setting it is set right. So any other profile on the same console
    should have access to your Xbox live gold subscription.

Thanks,

Brad
  6. UnknitCentaur50 Win User

Brad

Thanks again.

No joy!

Iv gone into the kids accounts and their X BOX Live status is still saying purchase at £6.99 a month each.

Im honeslty after days of this loosing the will to live.

I have paid £49.99 for a years live subscrition, the only way the kids can access it is if they play under my user name which defeats the object and parent controls I need to have in place.

Lost
Thema:

1. X BOX LIVE ADULT ACCOUNT LINKING IN TO A CHILD ACCOUNT - Similar Threads - BOX LIVE ADULT

2. How do you make fifa 24 live on 2 accounts. 2nd x box new (home box) wil only play offline

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do you make fifa 24 live on 2 accounts. 2nd x box new (home box) wil only play offline: How do you make fifa 24 live on 2 boxes.. 2nd box will only play offline. It is downloaded on 1st box. 2nd box is home box 02f23c38-713f-430a-b332-6a239a6748ce
  3. I cant get into x box Live

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cant get into x box Live: I cant get into x box live and i bought a game pass nothing seems to work what should i do? 82341e11-c4ee-480d-9489-746dfb8d82bd
  4. I cannot login to my x-box live account

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot login to my x-box live account: I've had this ongoing issue for months now. My hotmail account that I used to sign into x-box live has been hacked and I can no longer access it because this person has me going in circles with...
  5. do i need to have an x-box live account to access the gold and diamond keys in borderlands 3

in XBoX Games and Apps
    do i need to have an x-box live account to access the gold and diamond keys in borderlands 3: would very much like to know if i can get the golden and diamond keys in borderlands 3 just by progressing in the game, or do i need an x-box live account, 6a959c65-0ce2-4cbc-873e-18266d3b5e11
  6. When i load up black ops 2 on my series S it says i can't connect to xbox box live, help

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When i load up black ops 2 on my series S it says i can't connect to xbox box live, help: I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and got past it, everytime i test internet, restart my xbox, delete and redownload the game and even restart my internet, nothing has worked, so...
  7. X box live

in XBoX Games and Apps
    X box live: Hi there I got a gift card for x box live for 12 months but it just randomly stopped I got it with my new fifa 23 my I’d is Rizwaan6828 I expect a new x box live free of charge for the remaining 9...
  8. xbox live sign in white box sea of thevies PC

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox live sign in white box sea of thevies PC: just bought the game on steam having a hard time looking in when the white empty box show in sea of thieves need some help, please using computer 62daf40d-3b72-4e6d-8ca6-cb176c7b7bc8
  9. Just bought a x box x got home and banned from live seller blocked feel like a mug is there...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Just bought a x box x got home and banned from live seller blocked feel like a mug is there...: bought a x box x turns out old owner got a ban on it what can I do or have I lost * Moved from Community Center 752006ef-6128-4efa-b84d-602d35ca0647
  10. x box live gold with adult account wont let me play plants versus zombies, says " your ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    x box live gold with adult account wont let me play plants versus zombies, says " your ...: hi can any one help with this. I purchased xbox live gold, 12 month sub back in july and although had a bit of trouble getting it up and running to begin with, it has been ok since then. I have...