X box keeps crashing and or shutting down

Discus and support X box keeps crashing and or shutting down in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I bought a x box series x for my son and have spent hours downloading new games and games we had on the previous xbox. Initially all seemed well,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by A. LORD, Jan 10, 2023.

1. A. LORD
    A. LORD Guest

I bought a x box series x for my son and have spent hours downloading new games and games we had on the previous xbox. Initially all seemed well, particularly MS flight simulator, but when you try to play fortnite the game loads normally, until you try to load into a match, the loading screen shows up with the accompanying music, then after a couple of minutes the music stops and the software crashes displaying a static/snowy screen and either shuts the console down completely or sends you back to the x box home screen.

This issue has now started happening with Forza Horizon 5 and star Wars Battlefront. I've tried a full reset and download all games again and soft resets, all routes lead to the same issue.

The console is sat in an open area with no external hard drives. Please help

:)

A. LORD, Jan 10, 2023
  2. Daevii Win User

No Man's Sky Xbox One X Crashing

I bought this game earlier tonight and I keep getting the same crashes. Where the whole one x shut down and I have to walk over and press the power button. I've never had any game crash so hard it shuts down my system
  3. DigitalAssassin Win User

X-Box shuts down

4. GHZone Win User

x-box 360 shutting down

This has nothing to do with the cloud storage feature, enabled or disabled the Xbox takes 10/20 seconds to turn off now for what some people think is the Xbox sending information back to the Xbox servers.

Although I'm not 100% sure but that is what I believe.
  5. XBF Leonzo G Win User

fortnite keeps crashing and xbox one x shuts down

Hello DanielBaxley,

Thank you for keeping us updated. Is the Xbox One X enrolled in the
    Xbox Insider program
    ? The Xbox Insider program has been known to cause issues due to the Xbox Insider console receiving the alpha version of the operating system. If the console is enrolled in the preview program, we recommend submitting

feedback through the Xbox Insider HUB
    . Be sure to let us know the results!
  6. XBF Diego M Win User

fortnite keeps crashing and xbox one x shuts down

Hey Daniel,

Since the game crashes for Fortnite are also making your console shut down, I would suggest possibly trying to log into your account into another Xbox One if you can come across one. Maybe a friends or relative's just to see if it will do the same thing
    on another console to narrow down the issue.

Power supply can also be a root cause for the Xbox shutting down. Have you performed a

powercycle
    ? Unplugging your Xbox from the power for a few minutes is always a good idea. And by any chance do you plug in the Xbox into a surge protector power strip?
Thema:

1. X box keeps crashing and or shutting down - Similar Threads - box keeps crashing

2. Xbox box x keeps switching off while playing a game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox box x keeps switching off while playing a game: Xbox x keeps switching off while playing a game tried all the usual things to resolve it, box is only 3 months old if that . ac94ce53-d1a0-41e4-b2bd-66fecaa7bd74
  3. Does the factory reset on X Box Series S deletes the local save data if I choose "keep the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does the factory reset on X Box Series S deletes the local save data if I choose "keep the...: So I can't play any game right now because of error 0x87e50033, and it seems like the only solution for this is a factory reset. If I do this and select "keep the game files", does it keep the...
  4. I keep getting popups for Age of Empires IV: Anniversary Edition X-box game- I blocked all...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I keep getting popups for Age of Empires IV: Anniversary Edition X-box game- I blocked all...: I keep getting popups for Age of Empires IV: Anniversary Edition X-box game- I blocked all Xbox popups but it still keeps coming up - How do I get rid of this from happening ? Here's the weblink...
  5. X box controller keeps disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    X box controller keeps disconnecting: My new controller for my x box one keeps disconnecting, and I have tried to pull out the battery receivers a little bit, I have also updated the controller from settings, but nothing seems to...
  6. I csnt sign in just keep getting this grey box with a spinning circle

in XBoX on Consoles
    I csnt sign in just keep getting this grey box with a spinning circle: I did a reset on my console that wipes everything except games bc I kept getting logged out, no I get a grey loading screen when I try to add my account back any help would be greatly appreciated...
  7. attempting to place an order and I keep getting a yellow error box after the payment info...

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    attempting to place an order and I keep getting a yellow error box after the payment info...: I get a yellow box at the top of my cell that says there was a problem setting the payment method for your order. and I go to the view details and it reads. Error Details Try that again...
  8. X box one keep disconnecting while playing on Wi-fi so run a Ethernet cable direct and that...

in XBoX on Consoles
    X box one keep disconnecting while playing on Wi-fi so run a Ethernet cable direct and that...: Keeps losing connection on wifi when on ethernet now connects and disconnects repeatbly 7516b882-f3ca-47b1-9f2c-52b15bebf156
  9. I Checked the Box that States "Keep My Games & Apps Up To Date", But It Doesn't.

in XboX Insiders
    I Checked the Box that States "Keep My Games & Apps Up To Date", But It Doesn't.: When I go to My Games & Apps, and click on Manage > Updates, there are virtually always updates. Why is this? submitted by /u/SenileTomato [link] [comments]
  10. I reset my x box to keep games and apps but my x box live subscription did not save and now...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I reset my x box to keep games and apps but my x box live subscription did not save and now...: I reset my x box but it says i have no x box live subscription even though mine does not expire until later in the year what do i do 384c6a3f-b2a7-4518-94ca-5442019f217a