X box elite controller series 2 trigger issues

Discus and support X box elite controller series 2 trigger issues in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I bought a X box elite controller 2 for Call of duty modern warfare. About 2 weeks ago I bought my first X box elite controller series 2 from Amazon.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JohnnyGear13, Apr 26, 2020.

1. JohnnyGear13
    JohnnyGear13 Guest

I bought a X box elite controller 2 for Call of duty modern warfare.

About 2 weeks ago I bought my first X box elite controller series 2 from Amazon. I put the hair triggers function on ( that is the real reason I bought the controller) and noticed that when I was holding down the left and right trigger ( the left trigger
    being the look down sight button/ scope button ) the left trigger would stop registering.

So I would be trying to shot someone and even thought I was holding the left trigger down it would not register that I was holding down the left trigger. In call of duty modern warfare if someone if off even a split second. You get killed in the game.

So 3 days after I bought my 1st controller, I sent it back to Amazon because I thought it was defective. ( got my money back)

So I got a second x box elite controller series and started to YOUTUBE the controller and learned that in order for the hair triggers to work properly you had to change the trigger setting not only on the controller but through the x box accessory app but
    putting the trigger response time to

0-1

And probably in my 1st or second match the same issue started to happen again. I would be holding the left trigger and it would stop registering and I would not be looking down site

So I tried to change the trigger setting in the x box accessory app with the trigger settings to

99-100

And it still would not register the left trigger pull.

Now it does not happen every time but at least once a match my left trigger would stop working. I just got the controller today and it probably happened 5 times in the course of 2 and a half hours.

Did I just get a second bad controller ?

Do I just have the setting wrong?

Any idea what I should do?

Thank you

:)

JohnnyGear13, Apr 26, 2020
  2. FabioHVSilva Win User

I my case, i always use the LT and RT in fast mode, but i never had that kind of problem and never change the settings on the triggers. The only problem i have it's the drift left stick. i'm waiting the pandemic goes down to send it back to replacement.
  3. TimmyHD Win User

Is it normal for both analog sticks to be pulled up and pushed down a bit on a new xbox Controller

I have no problem with the standard series X and X box one pads

but my Elite Series 2 has a lot of stick issues and the tension tighten tool

thing was not in the sealed box with the new core controller

despite it being on the box it should be include, my pad replaced

the broken Black one which came with everything but broke the

next day I am hoping the Elite Series 3 is better, it would be nice

if they did a version with advanced chat audio and EQ like

one of the Branded Licenced controllers do, but hey gone off topic a bit.
  4. Jaxpug Win User

Controller

Ive had the baseline controllers for years and keep holding back from pulling the trigger (get it?) for an elite controller. When the series 2 came out, I was ready to go get one, but the fervor died off with reports of disconnecting.

Right now I’m still waiting to get an elite. I plan on it sometime this year, maybe with the Series X
  5. Alex_Sisk Win User

Controller Firmware Update - Messed up my controller?!?

I got my Series X in January, and never even took the included controller out of the box, because I own the Elite Series 2. When I dropped my Elite Series 2 (oof) recently, I sent it off for out-of-warranty repair, and pulled out the basic controller, still wrapped and taped in the foam bag in the box.

Stock controller worked fine for a few days, then there was a firmware update - recently, and I'm having intermittent disconnections all the time. It works fine when wired with a USB-A -> USB-C cable (I use the 9-foot one that comes with the Elite Series 2).

I decided, since I'd never had trouble with connectivity on the Elite Series 2, that I would buy a 2nd one, brand new of course. It 100% required me to update before proceeding.

Since I never had issues with the Series X and Elite Series 2, I wasn't aware of the known connectivity issues until the basic controller started intermittently dropping connection.. After searching, I saw that there were a ton of articles from way back in January, including Microsoft acknowledging the problem and releasing a firmware update in March...

Yet here I am with a freshly unwrapped Series X controller AND a brand new, (delivered Sept. 7th) SECOND $180 Elite Series 2 controller, and BOTH are cutting out intermittently..

-Sitting Less than 7 feet from my console

-I keep my batteries charged - both the Elite's internal, and the Enelooph Pro AA rechargeables that I use in the regular controller.

-As I mentioned, latest firmware on controller

-Of course, latest firmware/software on Series X console

-Both controllers work fine when wired.

-Already performed hard power cycle on the controller as well as the console.

-1st Elite (the one being repaired) never had issues until I dropped it - but it was never exposed to that new firmware)

-That's 8 months I used my 1st Elite Series 2 with the Series X and no problems.

It seems to me that the original intermittent connectivity issues were never resolved.
  6. RyanEmbry Win User

Xbox elite controller series 2 Issues.

I have had the same issue with like 3 of these Controllers and the A button was messed on first controller but why can i not use my Elite series 2 that costed more then the Price of Gold on Trigger Setting 3 it wont acknowledge the triggers being clicked
    only on setting 3 tightest triggers setting i mean damn i paid 230$ Canadian for this thing and had nothing but problems with it please help how do i get brand new elite series 2 triggers to actually work on setting 3 this is False Advertisement and a Lawsuit
    is in order here. .... second elite 2 i had and just replaced kept randomly disconnecting also..
Thema:

1. X box elite controller series 2 trigger issues - Similar Threads - box elite controller

2. X box cloud or install wont load Conan exiles for 2 days….any help or input greatly appreciated

in XBoX on Consoles
    X box cloud or install wont load Conan exiles for 2 days….any help or input greatly appreciated: Conan exiles wont work via game pass install or via cloud gaming. When on the cloud it will load and go to olay then says player disconnected. The cloud wont let me play conan for over 2 days now....
  3. Will there be a X box Series X Pro with upgraded Hardware and performance?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will there be a X box Series X Pro with upgraded Hardware and performance?: I’m sure you are aware of some of the social media outrage over the new speculated X Box. As someone who is planning to join the X Box community soon I am sort of disappointed in the leaks. This...
  4. X-Box Series S Cannot connect to internet in china

in XBoX on Consoles
    X-Box Series S Cannot connect to internet in china: Hi, I live in mainland china and just brought a Xbox series s over from Australia and it doesn’t connect to the internet. Because of this I can’t play any online games update games or get new...
  5. On my X Box Series S console, Microsoft Flight Simulator is not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    On my X Box Series S console, Microsoft Flight Simulator is not working: It says I am offline when the consol says I am connected to my internet 023098d0-763f-4e77-ac2e-1c121c25b063
  6. Im not able to login on the x box or Microsoft.Com i e been hacked, my game tag since bc is...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Im not able to login on the x box or Microsoft.Com i e been hacked, my game tag since bc is...: Im not able to login on the x box or Microsoft.Com i e been hacked, my game Name since the start is Xaywer, dont get it....... Pls tips 0fc9e936-32dd-42f6-83ee-579d1c03e71e
  7. X Box Series WiFi Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    X Box Series WiFi Issue: Hello my guy has a X Box Series X and he's having to connect to WiFi almost everytime he cuts it on then most times it doesn't automatically connect and it makes us restart our router then it...
  8. Microsoft elite series 2 replacement used with issues out of the box

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft elite series 2 replacement used with issues out of the box: Why spend 90 bucks for a used controller that wasn't inspected. Just received it today. Left stick sticks when going right. And the audio port is dead. Had to clean the controller covered in...
  9. I bought an Elite Series 2 controller and it came without paddles, on the box it says it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought an Elite Series 2 controller and it came without paddles, on the box it says it...: I bought an Elite Series 2 controller and it came without paddles, on the box it says it includes paddles. What I can do? a4e8ce38-c7d5-46d5-bd93-f2a984c28027
  10. Elite series 2 missing seriel on box

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite series 2 missing seriel on box: I bought 2 elite series 2 controllers and when I got home to register I noticed one box was missing the seriel. Upon registering the devices one of them has an expired warranty. I have sent...