X-box 360 controler (wired) flashing and not working

Discus and support X-box 360 controler (wired) flashing and not working in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey, my brother recently gifted me a x-box 360 controller. It worken for some time, but after a month it suddently stopped. When I plug the controller... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ThijsSmeel, Jan 10, 2022.

1. ThijsSmeel
    ThijsSmeel Guest

Hey, my brother recently gifted me a x-box 360 controller. It worken for some time, but after a month it suddently stopped.

When I plug the controller into my computer, it flashes once on player 1 and 4. After that it doesnt seem to do anything.

I have already tried removing my drivers, but that din't do anything.

Is there anyone who know what the player 1 and 4 flash means and how i coud fix it?

Best regards, Thijs.

:)

ThijsSmeel, Jan 10, 2022
  2. Jesse E' Win User

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

First check if windows 10 is up to date. Make sure your time and date are correct on your windows settings.

There is an "Optional Updates" button in the smallest print. Kindly check and go to driver, and download the existing drivers needed. Then restart, plug in the Receiver. Go to the same optional updates, and updated the driver.

Make sure that this is turned on "Receive updates for other Microsoft products when you update Windows" under Advanced Options

Check for store updates: Start menu, select Microsoft Store > More > Downloads and updates > Get updates.

If Updating the system doesn't help, I'll suggest you run a scan to check for problems and repair them.

Press Windows + R, type cmd, and press Ctrl + Shift + Enter to run Command Prompt as administrator. Next type sfc /scannow in Command Prompt window, and press Enter to start to scan and repair corrupt system files in Windows 10.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Does anyone have the xbox 360 controller drivers??

Did your controller ever work before, or are you just trying to get it to work now?

The drivers for the Xbox 360 are not available for download independently anymore, and there is no reason for them to be, as Xbox 360 controllers have been natively supported by Windows since Windows Vista. The drivers can't be downloaded because they are already part of the Windows Operating System.

Is your controller wired or wireless?

Unlike Xbox One or Series X|S controllers, Xbox 360 wireless controllers are always wireless. If you've attempted to connect a Wireless Xbox 360 controller to your laptop with the Play and Charge cable, it won't work. This is because the Play and Charge does not send data. It will just flash. Xbox 360 wireless controllers need an Xbox 360 gaming receiver.

Only Xbox One or newer Series X|S controllers can be both wired and wireless.
  4. VASHTA NER4DA Win User

Downloaded games from ondemand get "Disc cannot be read" error.

5. marc 651 Win User

Bluetooth adapter for x box controller??

I have got a tip that makes a wired controller uses a android device to connect to a PC.

But I want to connect a wired controller to my X Box series X,using somithing simular.

Or another bluetooth adapter.....
  6. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Cannot Sync Xbox 360 Controllers

Hi Darth! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

Please help uploading pictures of the controllers you try to connect to the Xbox 360 that doesn't work.

Wired controllers come with the cable plugged for Xbox 360 controllers

Are you pressing the Sync button on the controller and the console? Does the controller and the console Xbox button flashes when you press it?
Thema:

1. X-box 360 controler (wired) flashing and not working - Similar Threads - box 360 controler

2. My X box 360 is not updating to latest version...Status code is coming please tell how to...

in XBoX on Windows
    My X box 360 is not updating to latest version...Status code is coming please tell how to...: Status Code= 3F45 -4497-1381-0300-C800-0036 This code is coming again and again 9cb1142d-31ae-4d99-a8b4-8c0888797a08
  3. X BOX 360 STARS WARS EDITION console power button turn red flashes 9 times then powers off?

in XBoX on Windows
    X BOX 360 STARS WARS EDITION console power button turn red flashes 9 times then powers off?: center of power button turns blue then changes to red flashing 9 times then off goes the console. nothing on the screen? should i through it away ? i am able to soldier and fix some electronics....
  4. the orange box full version not available on xbox 360 marketplace

in XBoX Games and Apps
    the orange box full version not available on xbox 360 marketplace: I wanted to purchase the orange box off of xbox 360 marketplace for my xbox series s but i can only download the demo version which does not work on series s did it get removed?...
  5. Can I still purchase the orange box on xbox 360?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I still purchase the orange box on xbox 360?: Can I still purchase the orange box on xbox 360 3efeb7bd-fdd3-4864-856e-9bb55029a781
  6. Update x-box 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Update x-box 360: I have a Microsoft account why can't I log into my Xbox360 a9b5e19e-9c0f-4f87-9a96-86d707cd1995
  7. How do I buy the orange box on 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I buy the orange box on 360: Idk why I just can't buy it pls help a4ec2096-8de8-44c9-86ea-a66ca862ef08
  8. como quito el control parental a un x box 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    como quito el control parental a un x box 360: tengo un x box 360 slim edicion star wars y no recuerdo el codigo parental bb5f9cf1-49fc-49ef-a565-18c49740a245
  9. I want to refresh the console x box 360 how to delete parental control requires a password ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I want to refresh the console x box 360 how to delete parental control requires a password ...: I want to refresh the console x box 360 how to delete parental control requires a password which give 84bc6504-5d5d-498d-92b2-04364fc92180
  10. New, out of box, XBox 360: parental control on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    New, out of box, XBox 360: parental control on.: I resently bought a brand new xbox 360 to replace my old on that died. Now I was happy to get the new system till I found out it had its parental control setting on and I have no way to by pass...