Wrong gamertag when signing in

Discus and support Wrong gamertag when signing in in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi, I just upgraded from an Series S to Series X and when I logged in it loaded in the wrong gamertag. I have tried to get help through support but... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Mick Hickmott, Jan 30, 2023.

1. Wrong gamertag when signing in

Hi, I just upgraded from an Series S to Series X and when I logged in it loaded in the wrong gamertag. I have tried to get help through support but it’s a joke. Any ideas? Thanks

:)

Mick Hickmott, Jan 30, 2023
  2. John P_14 Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching out. I hope you’re doing well. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you and I'll be happy to help you.

If you're having trouble logging in to the correct gamertag on your new Xbox Series X, kindly try the following and see if it helps.

1. Check your Xbox profile on another device: If you have an Xbox app or Xbox Game Pass app on a mobile device or PC, check if your correct gamertag is showing there.

2. Try signing in on a different Xbox console: If possible, try signing in on another Xbox console to see if the issue is isolated to your Series X.

3. Check the Xbox account settings online: Log into your Xbox account on a web browser and go to the "Profile" section to see if your correct gamertag is listed there.
  3. HassanB Win User

Wrong Gamertag appears when signed into xbox.com

Hello | AoraKazama | - Please check this on your XBOX 360 console to see what e-mail is listed on that account by going to My XBOX > highlight your gamertag "| AoraKazama |" and see the column for "Windows Live ID" - If that e-mail is different than the
    one that you are using to log into XBOX.com then you can find out information on how you can change it by going to the following link:

support.xbox.com/.../manage-live-id.aspx
    . Hopefully that works out for you, let us know :)
  4. LethalE456 Win User

Wrong Gamertag appears when signed into xbox.com

are you able to log in to your account on your xbox? this may also be a sign that your account has been comprised. and they changed the live id that was assossiated with your tag...if thats the case then you need to open up an Unauthorized access claim.
  5. Mister Maka Win User

Another user on this device uses this Microsoft account so you can't add it here

Heya R4alGamer!

It sounds like you might be using the wrong Microsoft Account to sign in. When you created your Xbox Live account did you by chance use a different e-mail address to sign up? Just to make sure, is R4alGamer the Gamertag that you're trying to sign in with
    or is it with a different Gamertag?
  6. Mister Gwyther Win User

Wrong gamertag came up when i signed in

Hey guys! Is the profile you want to sign in to still on your console? If so log in to it, open Account Management, and look under WLID. Is that the same email address you are using to sign in on Xbox.com? Try that one and let me know how it goes. Thanks!
Thema:

1. Wrong gamertag when signing in - Similar Threads - Wrong gamertag signing

2. I just attempted to change my gamertag but was given the wrong tag. Can someone help me...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I just attempted to change my gamertag but was given the wrong tag. Can someone help me...: The old Gamertag: 26; what i changed it to; ; the tag i got: 8645. Please Help! 07bce97f-09fc-4b47-bd1c-4aa0496f5cf1
  3. Wrong gamertag linked to my email

in XBoX Accessibility
    Wrong gamertag linked to my email: I have the same problem. My gamertag is showing up as DrollShelf64876. I've been using a different gamertag for over 10 years d3de1248-6cdb-4165-9b07-19340f89dc2a
  4. Sorry something went wrong, please try your gamertag again.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Sorry something went wrong, please try your gamertag again.: For the past month I have been getting the error message above, when trying to change my gamertag. This problem has been going on globally for two to three years now. It will also charge you...
  5. WTH IS WRONG WITH MY GAMERTAG

in XBoX on Consoles
    WTH IS WRONG WITH MY GAMERTAG: TELL ME WHATS GOING ON I SPENT MONEY ON CHANGING MY GAMERTAG AND IT ISNT CHANGED. FIX IT. REMOVE THE FLARIENIGHT MY GAMERTAG IS: . GOD DAMN. I CHANGED THIS **** AROUND OCTOBER 2022. [img]...
  6. Wrong gamertag on my Microsoft account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wrong gamertag on my Microsoft account: Created an Xbox profile on my Microsoft account and it gave me a random name with and empty profile. I can actually look up my existing (for two decades) Xbox gametag and see my achievements,...
  7. Gamertag Changed On Wrong Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag Changed On Wrong Account: I was attempting to change the gamertag of another account to something I like better, but I ended somehow mixing it up with this account (I was logged in on the other account). And this accounts...
  8. Xbox ambassadors sign up takes my correct gamertag, as wrong

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox ambassadors sign up takes my correct gamertag, as wrong: Trying to join Xbox ambassadors, but it says wrong gamertag. I am using the correct one. I tried my older gamertag, no affect. Checked correct account. Support said to use a private browser, but...
  9. I bought minecraft for win10 but when I tried to sign in it is using the wrong gamertag,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought minecraft for win10 but when I tried to sign in it is using the wrong gamertag,...: Hello, I've been playing Minecraft for ages now on the java edition. Some of my friends want to play multiplayer but they have the inferior Xbox version. Apparently in order to play with them I...
  10. Sign in e-mail is linking to wrong gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sign in e-mail is linking to wrong gamertag: Greetings, I've run into a bit of a pickle here with regards to my main account. It's been a long time since I've logged on so I'm not sure if that may have something to do with it. The problem is...