Wrong gamertag on my Microsoft account

Discus and support Wrong gamertag on my Microsoft account in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Created an Xbox profile on my Microsoft account and it gave me a random name with and empty profile. I can actually look up my existing (for two... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by M Haviland, Feb 4, 2023.

1. M Haviland
    M Haviland Guest

Created an Xbox profile on my Microsoft account and it gave me a random name with and empty profile. I can actually look up my existing (for two decades) Xbox gametag and see my achievements, etc.,

Why did this happen? How do I fix it?

:)

M Haviland, Feb 4, 2023
  2. OneMetal921692 Win User

Wrong gamertag for my Microsoft Account...

Same with me,, my gamertag is not , I need help, Really, and all my G's are gone, why? Nobody got time to read this, huh, i have a [Mod removed], lol 90% you misread it.
  3. OnsideAirplane8 Win User

I have the same problem could I please get help???
  4. eG x Thee Elf Win User

OneMetal,

Please read over the comments/suggestions above. If you are still experiencing problems, please create a new thread so you can receive customized support to your issue and so we don't mix it up with this thread's issue that is almost 2 years old. Thanks,
  5. fredgiblet Win User

90% chance you signed in with the wrong e-mail, 10% chance your account is broken. You'll want to contact support, have them check your old gamertag and the new one, if they're on the same account you'll need to have them fix it, if they aren't then you
    have the wrong account. If you're in the US you can reach them at 1-800-469-9269.
  6. Mister Ohnaka Win User

Hi SleepyWheat7,

Sorry to hear about the GT troubles. Let's see if we can figure this one out.

If you could please reply to the following questions, that would be great.

1. What is your primary GT?
    2. When did you notice this start happening?
    3. Have you updated your email address' recently? Done any GT switches?

This will give us a good starting point. Let us know, and we can work from there!
Thema:

1. Wrong gamertag on my Microsoft account - Similar Threads - Wrong gamertag Microsoft

2. My microsoft account is linked to the WRONG GAMERTAG

in XBoX Accessibility
    My microsoft account is linked to the WRONG GAMERTAG: Hey, I don't know where else to turn since it seems my issue isn't "important" enough to talk to a member of the support team, so I'm hoping for some answers here... I changed my xbox gamertag...
  3. Microsoft account has wrong gamertag,not mine

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft account has wrong gamertag,not mine: Minecraft will not let us log in with old information. I believe it changed over to Microsoft login. When I login to my Microsoft account there is a gamer tag that doesn’t belong to me. How do I...
  4. Microsoft Account linked to wrong Gamertag

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft Account linked to wrong Gamertag: This is probably simple and hard at the same time. I set up my primary Xbox Gamertag back in 2007 with my then primary email address @yahoo. Some time later maybe 2009, I created a secondary...
  5. Microsoft account linked to wrong Gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft account linked to wrong Gamertag: Hey everyone, So recently a friend asked me to create an Activision account so we could play Call of Duty on cross platform. I created the Activision account and it changed my gamertag display on...
  6. Microsoft account keeps signing into wrong xbox gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft account keeps signing into wrong xbox gamertag: I tried signing into the xbox app on my phone and i used the exact email that i used on my xbox account but it keeps giving me a random gamertag 0c2da2ab-aeaa-49c1-972f-8778318d4e57
  7. Wrong gamertag accompaning email for microsoft account.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wrong gamertag accompaning email for microsoft account.: How one would go about editing in gamertag with original MS account. and correcting this issue for the record. documenting events. 012e821d-4d15-469e-a4b2-6408a25b218b
  8. the wrong gamertag is showing up for my microsoft account email

in XBoX on Consoles
    the wrong gamertag is showing up for my microsoft account email: Hi, so I recently changed my account email to a newer one and now when I sign in it comes up with a random account and not my normal one with all my achievements on. Any help? much appreciated...
  9. My microsoft account is linked to the wrong gamertag?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My microsoft account is linked to the wrong gamertag?: My Microsoft account is linked to the wrong gamertag? How can I change the gamertag on my ms account 7e1077bb-188f-4294-bf33-c7f20bb5edf9
  10. Wrong gamertag linked on Microsoft live account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wrong gamertag linked on Microsoft live account: Hi, Last November, I logged a call with Xbox Support to report an issue that I could not log into my xbox live account. It was then found out that this was due to the fact microsoft deleted my...