Wrong email linked to child's xbox gaming account. How do I change that?

Discus and support Wrong email linked to child's xbox gaming account. How do I change that? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I linked the wrong child's email to their xbox gaming account. But I can't figure out how to change it. When I go to their account profile on... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by IsaacMoore2, Nov 5, 2021.

1. IsaacMoore2
    IsaacMoore2 Guest

I linked the wrong child's email to their xbox gaming account. But I can't figure out how to change it.

When I go to their account profile on Microsoft, it is correct, but in the game profile, it has the wrong childs name and email associated with their gaming account.

:)

IsaacMoore2, Nov 5, 2021
  2. L4c3rd4 Win User

Hello dear Gamer, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is Vinicius.

I am a gamer and independent advisor on the XBOX community platform.

Hey Isaac, how are you today? Hope you're well.

So, let me get this straight, when you sign in with this email, is not the one that has the right gamertag? Is that it?

So, every gamertag has an email attached to it, it's impossible to transfer a gamertag between accounts.

It's possible that the account your login in is not the correct one. :/
  3. WellmaxxBR Win User

Delete Gamertag

Hello KellyGww!

You have 02 ways to make this change,
    01º) You can change the current Gamertag linked to your personal email by another, thus releasing that gamertag to your child.
    Here's how to do it here:

https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/account-profile/profile/change-xbox-live-gamertag

Or

02º) You can change the email linked to the Gamertag that you want to "preserve", changing the current email to one that belongs to your child.

Here's how to do it here:

https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/account-profile/manage-account/choose-email

I sincerely hope it will be of help ....
  4. Tarnend Win User

Fortnite with two Xbox consoles and one Xbox Gold Account

hi

is it possible to go to the epic games website and create an epic games account, login with that account on the site and then go into that account and then link that to one of the xbox accounts thats a child account? does the child account not have their
    own email address and password? if not then the only way i can think of is to change it so their accounts have their own email address and password so that it can be linked to an epic games account.
  5. EMB3D Win User

Can I move an Xbox account (set up for my kids years ago) off of my main Microsoft account?

Can I change the email on the overall Microsoft account (that the Xbox profile is linked to) to my child's email, and then setup a new Microsoft account with my original email so I can then just use my Office (Word, Powerpoint, Excel) subscription from that?

My issue is I need to keep my Office subscription with my email address - - which is also the address of the Microsoft account overall. And my email / Microsoft account is linked to the Xbox profile used by my child.
  6. Cremo Cremo Win User

EA - Star Wars Battlefront Online Features Age Restriction?

How do you log into your Child's EA account? When I created the EA account on the Xbox, on the Home Screen of SWB, I was asked to put in my own email address (which is logical) for verification/parental consent purposes, since EA already knew the account
    would be for a minor (I guess based of the Xbox Live/gamertag info). I then created a username and password for the account and submitted. Once I received the email from EA/Origin, I verified that I was the parent/guardian and that was that. Not once during
    did the process did it ask for my child's email address or age.

When you go to ea.com to login, it asks for an email address and not a username. Since no email was assigned to my child's account, I cannot log into the account. If I use the username and password, I get an "Invalid email address" error message. EA did
    not send any information or provide a means to me to manage the child account.

I would love to change the age on just the EA account, but, I do not think it is feasible. I read on another forum that I need to change the age on the Xbox Live account and then create a new EA account that is linked to the "now instantly >13 yr old child"
    Xbox Live account. Not worth it and I do not want to give my child that much control. We can play online on my account. My child is much better than this old man and I can level up faster.

Thanks again for all the info.
Thema:

1. Wrong email linked to child's xbox gaming account. How do I change that? - Similar Threads - Wrong email linked

2. My gift was sent to the wrong email address what can I do?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My gift was sent to the wrong email address what can I do?: My friend sent me a gift but it was sent to the wrong email address, is there anything that can be done? Thanks e12e5ce8-3858-4fdf-93a3-9293bab67417
  3. I recently put in the wrong email address to claim a free minecraft account after i missed...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I recently put in the wrong email address to claim a free minecraft account after i missed...: I put in the wrong email address to claim my new minecraft account after missing the migration period. When putting in what microsoft email i would like the accoutn on, i accidently put in my old...
  4. Wrong Minecraft account email?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Wrong Minecraft account email?: I thought my Minecraft account was connected to the only email that I have, but I logged in and it doesn't seem to be there. I don't know where else it would be. 92fc9702-d443-458e-8173-64c09f666bd9
  5. Redeemed COD M3 Vault Edition Under Wrong Email

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Redeemed COD M3 Vault Edition Under Wrong Email: Hello, I accidentally redeemed a digital copy of COD MW 3 Vault Edition under the wrong email address not associated with my Xbox Live account or Call of Duty account. Is it possible to transfer...
  6. I have an account with wrong email

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have an account with wrong email: I have a account with wrong email f683a6dc-b805-4bb7-a26f-61e154251da7
  7. I have two Microsoft accounts with the same email. Password recovery resets wrong account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have two Microsoft accounts with the same email. Password recovery resets wrong account.: When I try to recover the password, it resets the password of the wrong account, what can I do? I have the usernames of both accounts if that helps. 21bf2768-f6c9-4a7d-bd6c-4244a56ff670
  8. I put in the wrong email on my call of duty account and accidentally linked my Xbox account

in XBoX Accessibility
    I put in the wrong email on my call of duty account and accidentally linked my Xbox account: I tried literally everything to unlink my Xbox account to this random email I put in for my call of duty account by accident. I need a code from the email to unlink my Xbox account. BUT I DONT...
  9. i tried to link my xbox to epic games but used the wrong email address and now it comes up...

in XBoX Accessibility
    i tried to link my xbox to epic games but used the wrong email address and now it comes up...: i tried to link my xbox to epic games but used the wrong email address, now it comes up with an error and will not let me put the correct email address in dbfe7c7b-e214-4983-8d5b-0f46a0656c71
  10. Why does it say my email is wrong? I clicked the link for my account and my info is right.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does it say my email is wrong? I clicked the link for my account and my info is right.: Why does it say my email is wrong? I clicked the link for my account and my info is right from the number of ppl posting about the same problem it looks like the problem is on your end so plz get...