Wrong console version of a game

Discus and support Wrong console version of a game in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I got sent a code for Cold War cross gen, but I got sent the Xbox x/s version. I’m playing on Xbox one. What do I do? Also, the thing that happens is... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by RronMavraj, Apr 27, 2021.

1. RronMavraj
    RronMavraj Guest

I got sent a code for Cold War cross gen, but I got sent the Xbox x/s version. I’m playing on Xbox one. What do I do? Also, the thing that happens is that it kicks me

:)

RronMavraj, Apr 27, 2021
  2. XBF Zineb F Win User

Hello there @RronMavraj, I hope everything is going well!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support. The best option in your case would be to request a refund on the wrong version to get the correct one this time.

To request a refund on the game, please access http://xbox.com/refunds and sign in with the account and then select "Request a refund for a digital purchase" after that, manually check the orders for purchase and Choose the reason the most suitable for your request.

The refund department takes up to 72 hours to respond and the money takes three to 5 business days to go back to the account. I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out!

If you could not request a refund online, I advise you to contact the live support to see what can be done about the situation. I will leave you the link below to our online support, all you need to do is access it, click on the green button that says "contact us" and take it from there.

The link: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/contact-us

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out! All the best!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming!
  3. Bill Gates7 Win User

Gifted Xbox game for wrong console version of the game

Same scenario. However, code is not redeemed. Where can we go to exchange/refund and repurchase for correct console version? And does the buyer have to or can the receiver as well? Thank you
  4. Smwutches Win User

Gifted Xbox game for wrong console version of the game

The only way would be to refund the game and purchase the correct version. However, since the code has already been redeemed, it is no longer eligible for a refund.
  5. [ A J ] Win User

wrong version of game

Hi, JAY! thank you for reaching out.

My name is AJ, I'm an Independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.

I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing issues playing with your friends.

Unfortunately, users on the Xbox One version of the game can't play with those on the Xbox Series S/X version. Since games can't be exchanged and FIFA 23 doesn't have an upgrade option, your best option would be to request a refund for your purchase and get the Series S/X version instead.

You can request a refund at: http://www.xbox.com/refunds

If you don't see your order on the list, select "Why don't I see my order in the list?". Please keep in mind some purchases can take up to 24 hours to show on the list of refundable items.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best regards.
  6. Nursemorph Win User

wrong version of game

Thema:

1. Wrong console version of a game - Similar Threads - Wrong console version

2. Xbox Console Wrongfully Banned Please Help!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Console Wrongfully Banned Please Help!: So I did something on my phone that got my xbox account banned. But they also banned my families Xbox Series X, Its not even connected to that account. So I tried to contact Microsoft support but...
  3. What’s wrong with my console

in XBoX on Consoles
    What’s wrong with my console: I have had my Xbox one for almost 6 years, and I haven’t had any issues until about 2 weeks ago. When I try to sign in and load up the home menu, it takes forever and gives me a pop up that says...
  4. New mw3 disc won’t load have I got the wrong game or is the console the issue ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    New mw3 disc won’t load have I got the wrong game or is the console the issue ?: mw3 disc won’t load on my Xbox one have u paid for the wrong game 9bac90d2-7124-4a01-b887-16100eb234da
  5. I ordered 2 shark cards but for the wrong console and I wanted a refund . It says I've...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I ordered 2 shark cards but for the wrong console and I wanted a refund . It says I've...: I ordered 2 shark cards but for the wrong console and I requested a refund and it said denied because there's a limit. I've never got anything refunded since I bought my Xbox. I have proof that...
  6. I got console banned for no reason out of nowhere did I do something wrong please someone...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I got console banned for no reason out of nowhere did I do something wrong please someone...: I was playing with my friend when we decided to go on something else, then I realised I had been console banned, I was confused and outraged so I decided to go on my enforcement history I looked...
  7. My console is banned from the Xbox network and I didn't do anything wrong and I need help...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My console is banned from the Xbox network and I didn't do anything wrong and I need help...: I'm completely banned on my Xbox one s console from the Xbox network and Xbox live and I need some help please I didn't do anything wrong the people I used to be friends with they reported me for...
  8. Xbox App: Add a Console - Error: Try again in a bit. Something went wrong

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox App: Add a Console - Error: Try again in a bit. Something went wrong: When I try to re-add my Xbox X to the Xbox App on multiple iPhones, I get an error "Try again in a bit. Something went wrong". This happens no matter how many times I restart, the console is...
  9. Digital code purchase for wrong console type

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Digital code purchase for wrong console type: I recently bought the hogwarts legacy game as a digital code from Best Buy I have an Xbox one and the code was for an X/S and I cannot download the game because it isn’t compatible with my...
  10. I switched my hard drive to a diffrent console and I'm stuck on the "something went wrong"...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I switched my hard drive to a diffrent console and I'm stuck on the "something went wrong"...: My hdmi port broke so i got a different xbox one console, and swapped the disks with the one from my old xbox and now I can't get passed the "something went wrong" screen. I don't want to wipe it,...