Wrong console in Game Pass app

Discus and support Wrong console in Game Pass app in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all, I’ve been trying to use the remote install feature on the Xbox Game Pass app on iOS. The app has the wrong console as Active Console. It... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by NullusAnxietus, Dec 7, 2021.

1. Wrong console in Game Pass app

Hi all,

I’ve been trying to use the remote install feature on the Xbox Game Pass app on iOS.

The app has the wrong console as Active Console.

It displays all the stuff I have downloaded to my current console, but when I try to download, the app wants to download to an older console that I no longer own.

I’ve been all through the app, selected the “manage console” option.. but it just displays the old console with no option to change it.

I’ve tried this on both Android and iOS versions of the app. Uninstalled and reinstalled the app, signed in and out of it multiple times and still I can’t change the active console.

I’ve been through the settings on my Xbox console a hundred times and made sure they’re all right… but still the problem persists. Even wasted an hour on the phone to Xbox Customer Service who couldn’t help

and said they’d eventually get back to me

Can anyone help?

:)

NullusAnxietus, Dec 7, 2021
  2. Christopher Revoredo Win User

Hi there Nullus welcome to the community forum! Christopher here, an Xbox fan just like you and has been on Xbox for years already. I would really love to make your day by helping you out. I suggest uninstalling the app, and doing this with your console:

The first step in resetting an Xbox is to open the main menu. This can be accomplished in one of two ways:

Press the home button on your Xbox controller. This is the illuminated button with a stylized X that is centrally located on the front of the controller near the top.

Alternately, you can press the left bumper until you reach the home tab, and then press left on the d-pad.

Press down on the d-pad until you reach the gear icon.

Press the A button to select the gear icon.

With all settings highlighted, press the A button again to open the settings menu.

Press down on the d-pad until you reach System.

Press the A button to open the ​System submenu.

With console info highlighted, press the A button again.

Press down on the d-pad to select reset console.

Press the A button to select this option and move to the final step.

Press left on the d-pad to select Reset and keep my games & apps. Then press the A button. This is the less thorough of the two options, as it only resets the Xbox firmware and settings without touching your games and apps. Try this first, as it allows you to avoid downloading everything all over again.

YOU WILL NEED YOUR EMAIL AND PASSWORD

That is how I was able to select the correct console!
  3. SammyVS Win User

EA Games Error (0xa3e903ed)

The app is their responsibility and if you are installing games from the Game Pass there is usually nothing wrong with your subscription, account, or Xbox app.
  4. Nursemorph Win User

Why doesnt the rewards page show in my xbox app?

It's the Xbox Game Pass Mobile App and not the Xbox App, it's only available on mobile devices. Here you go: https://www.xbox.com/en-CA/apps/xbox-game-pass-...
    This is totally wrong. There are quests on the Xbox Mobile App and the Mobile Game Pass App....prior to my advice above, I specifically checked the Xbox App itself and there were quests on there!
  5. StuartATrueRed Win User

Unable to set Xbox as default on Gamepass App

The Xbox Game Pass app is not compatible with the Xbox 360 due to the fact that Game Pass is not available for the Xbox 360. Hence why you cannot make the console the default console. The Xbox Game pass app will only work for the Xbox One.
  6. Mikro Win User

Xbox Insider on console Report A Problem started crashing My Xbox Series X

The console passes the Hardware Evaluation tool and the Report a Problem App is the only app that shuts down the console 38 games all which 4k intense settings do not crash the system the console does not need repair guys it's a waste of Money when I can just go out in a few days order or buy a new one but I'm not going to because there is nothing wrong with the console I've tested it twice now.
Thema:

1. Wrong console in Game Pass app - Similar Threads - Wrong console Game

2. Xbox Console Wrongfully Banned Please Help!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Console Wrongfully Banned Please Help!: So I did something on my phone that got my xbox account banned. But they also banned my families Xbox Series X, Its not even connected to that account. So I tried to contact Microsoft support but...
  3. What’s wrong with my console

in XBoX on Consoles
    What’s wrong with my console: I have had my Xbox one for almost 6 years, and I haven’t had any issues until about 2 weeks ago. When I try to sign in and load up the home menu, it takes forever and gives me a pop up that says...
  4. New mw3 disc won’t load have I got the wrong game or is the console the issue ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    New mw3 disc won’t load have I got the wrong game or is the console the issue ?: mw3 disc won’t load on my Xbox one have u paid for the wrong game 9bac90d2-7124-4a01-b887-16100eb234da
  5. I ordered 2 shark cards but for the wrong console and I wanted a refund . It says I've...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I ordered 2 shark cards but for the wrong console and I wanted a refund . It says I've...: I ordered 2 shark cards but for the wrong console and I requested a refund and it said denied because there's a limit. I've never got anything refunded since I bought my Xbox. I have proof that...
  6. I got console banned for no reason out of nowhere did I do something wrong please someone...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I got console banned for no reason out of nowhere did I do something wrong please someone...: I was playing with my friend when we decided to go on something else, then I realised I had been console banned, I was confused and outraged so I decided to go on my enforcement history I looked...
  7. My console is banned from the Xbox network and I didn't do anything wrong and I need help...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My console is banned from the Xbox network and I didn't do anything wrong and I need help...: I'm completely banned on my Xbox one s console from the Xbox network and Xbox live and I need some help please I didn't do anything wrong the people I used to be friends with they reported me for...
  8. Xbox App: Add a Console - Error: Try again in a bit. Something went wrong

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox App: Add a Console - Error: Try again in a bit. Something went wrong: When I try to re-add my Xbox X to the Xbox App on multiple iPhones, I get an error "Try again in a bit. Something went wrong". This happens no matter how many times I restart, the console is...
  9. Digital code purchase for wrong console type

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Digital code purchase for wrong console type: I recently bought the hogwarts legacy game as a digital code from Best Buy I have an Xbox one and the code was for an X/S and I cannot download the game because it isn’t compatible with my...
  10. I switched my hard drive to a diffrent console and I'm stuck on the "something went wrong"...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I switched my hard drive to a diffrent console and I'm stuck on the "something went wrong"...: My hdmi port broke so i got a different xbox one console, and swapped the disks with the one from my old xbox and now I can't get passed the "something went wrong" screen. I don't want to wipe it,...