Wrong Apartment Number in Pre-order Shipping Address

Discus and support Wrong Apartment Number in Pre-order Shipping Address in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I pre ordered the halo infinite elite series 2 controller and somehow, the apartment number got messed up in the shipping address. Everything else is... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by TSattizahn34, Sep 3, 2021.

1. TSattizahn34
    TSattizahn34 Guest

I pre ordered the halo infinite elite series 2 controller and somehow, the apartment number got messed up in the shipping address. Everything else is right, street name and number, city, state, zip code, all right. Only the apartment number is incorrect. It makes it even more complicated that the apartment number that appears does not exist at my street address. It exists within my apartment community, but not at my building. I tried calling Microsoft support a couple different times and, for now, the only thing they recommended was to delete the incorrect address from my address book (not the order itself) and set the correct address as my preferred shipping address. The intent is that the system will realize my selected address does not appear in my address book so it will default to the preferred. This seems unlikely to me since the order has the incorrect address listed there, why would it need to access my address book? Why can't Microsoft just update my order for me? My billing address has the right apartment number, they should, at the very least, be able to update to match the billing address since that proves the address I want to correct it to is the right address.

They said if that doesn't work, to call the courier after I get a tracking number and see if they can do anything about it. I have also read from other people getting this same suggestion, but when they call the courier, they say Microsoft placed a restriction on the package to not allow any changes and then calling Microsoft again to lift the restriction was not possible either. If the courier won't update the address, will they attempt to deliver still? Or will they realize the address does not exist as written and return to sender?

Since everything but the apartment number is incorrect but it would still make it to my apartment complex, can I set delivery instructions to instruct the driver to leave the package with my leasing office to get around the restrictions on updating the order? I wouldn't be changing the delivery address, just adding the delivery instruction to leave it with my leasing office.

I can't cancel and place a new order because the controller quickly sold out. I would also be screwed if it is unable to deliver and just refunds me, so I need to figure out a way, any way, to make sure I receive my package.

:)

TSattizahn34, Sep 3, 2021
  2. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Hi TSattizahn34! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

Microsoft Support does not offer you the change of the address in the order because it is not possible once the order has been placed, in this case being that the rest of the address is correct with your ID must be enough once the currier it's in the location for the delivery
  3. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

The restrictions are to change the delivery address, not to correct just the apartment number, currier needs to try the delivery to know if the apartment number exist
  4. TSattizahn34 Win User

But the apartment number does not exist at my building. So if they realize this, they may not even attempt delivery. If I have to call the courier before they attempt delivery or are in the area, I would essentially be telling them to delivery to a different unit number (changing delivery address) which may be restricted by Microsoft. If they do attempt it, I would just have to stake out the apartment complex and wait for the courier and hope they just hand me the package when I approach them?
  5. SunTan Masamune Win User

will xbox one have the same problems like xbox 360 red rings?

Ya waiting for them to ship u stuff takes forever they send u a label and u find ur own box then u ship it and u get that long wait and hope ups FedEx or ur mail man dont give it to the wrong address like they always do for me when I order stuff online bcuz
    my apartment has the same number in 4 different buildings im my complex
  6. Smwutches Win User

When will Series X pre orders arrive from Microsoft?

Unless something goes wrong in shipping or in their warehouse, pre-orders from Microsoft should arrive on release date which is November 10.
Thema:

1. Wrong Apartment Number in Pre-order Shipping Address - Similar Threads - Wrong Apartment Number

2. I was wrongfully com banned please help?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I was wrongfully com banned please help?: so basically i got com banned for someone reporting an old message which i admit i did say, but recently around the end of march, i was com banned for over a year because of hate speech, and in...
  3. How can I appeal a wrongful suspension?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How can I appeal a wrongful suspension?: This was obviously reported by a troll. C= caps scrip= in game item. This was for fallout 76 where I sell weapons and armor in my vendor for caps that people use for selling to the legendary...
  4. "Something went wrong with your party please try again later" when joining xbox party chat...

in XBoX on Windows
    "Something went wrong with your party please try again later" when joining xbox party chat...: Okay so Recently I updated Game bar one day and then whenever i joined a party on pc it would say everyone in the party was disconnected and then after a few minutes it would say "Something went...
  5. Wrongful ban

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wrongful ban: This is the 2nd time I’ve been wrongfully banned for a profile picture why and it’s not nude or inapropriate in any way what so ever it’s getting old. b0e223ec-8f9d-4d79-ad82-d08077c230d4
  6. Keeps saying "something went wrong" when i try to get CoD points.

in XBoX on Windows
    Keeps saying "something went wrong" when i try to get CoD points.: When i click on the amount of points i want to buy, example: 1,200 CoD points, It keeps saying "Something went wrong, please try again later" and i have enough money, it keeps saying this each...
  7. Trying to share captures but "something went wrong" error message appears instead. Other...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Trying to share captures but "something went wrong" error message appears instead. Other...: I had these really good captures from my game I wanted to share with others in a club I was in. Instead I am repeatedly met by an error message saying something went wrong, and this is still...
  8. something went wrong with your party chat try again later. is what my xbox game bar says

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    something went wrong with your party chat try again later. is what my xbox game bar says: Game bar parties not working 0x00000000 something went wrong try again - Microsoft Community I've pretty much done everything this guy has done in this link beside solution 3 which really doesn't...
  9. No seriously, This is annoying. (Wrongful suspension)

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    No seriously, This is annoying. (Wrongful suspension): This is an old suspension, But a very Wrong one at that, I feel the need to contact a lawyer about this as I'm sure many others that followed guidelines and played fair and LISTENED to xbox...
  10. You banned me WRONGFULLY. And you won’t let me appeal even though I’ve done nothing wrong....

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    You banned me WRONGFULLY. And you won’t let me appeal even though I’ve done nothing wrong....: I have proof in screenshots. But you refuse to be contacted. Unban me and make this up to me now please. 33b8b51c-a2ad-45da-84ce-3ec8b8555ed7