Wow, Xbox One. I have to say this might be the worst product I have purchased in a long time.

Discus and support Wow, Xbox One. I have to say this might be the worst product I have purchased in a long time. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; We bought an Xbox One as a Xmas gift for my teenage son and here it is 4 hours after connecting it and he is yet to be able to play a game. Initial... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by OnshoreSquirrel, Dec 25, 2015.

1. Wow, Xbox One. I have to say this might be the worst product I have purchased in a long time.

We bought an Xbox One as a Xmas gift for my teenage son and here it is 4 hours after connecting it and he is yet to be able to play a game. Initial install/update took 2 hours to complete (download of 1.1GB). Install of NBA2K16 reached 95% then froze. Tried
    to walk through some steps found online and worked partially but now it's forcing us to either install an update for the game itself (2GB) so don't want to wait for several more hours for that install to complete. So, tried to go offline thinking we could
    play the current version without update but you can't get past connecting via your online profile. Wow, it really should be this hard to play a video game and this is supposed to be an improvement?

:)

OnshoreSquirrel, Dec 25, 2015
  2. RebelCreeper
    RebelCreeper Guest
    Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 anybody?

WOW, I have not played this game in a LONG time, I might have to hook up with a few of you soon.

RebelCreeper, Dec 25, 2015
  3. johnboy 1703
    johnboy 1703 Guest
    Bad customer service regarding repair of a controller

Repair service is shocking and Xbox support has been the worst service i have ever received, I work in retail and if I sent a customers product away for repair and it took this long I would be embarrassed.

johnboy 1703, Dec 25, 2015
  4. {Parity}
    {Parity} Guest

Wow, Xbox One. I have to say this might be the worst product I have purchased in a long time.

Sorry you are feeling these frustrations. Not sure what you are asking for help on. It appears that you worked through your initial issue. Improvement? Well, yes I would consider the experience an improvement. However, as you discovered there are some
    significant delays from initial installation to actually being able to play. Some games are extremely large and require a long time for download/install then many games will also require an update to the game as enhancements and bug fixes have been made
    since the initial release of the game. A reliable/fast internet can be a very good friend with the size of the games these days. Fortunately, going forward you can eliminate much of the waiting time by pre-ordering the games and letting them download in
    the background even when you are offline.

{Parity}, Dec 25, 2015
  5. ScaryBlair
    ScaryBlair Guest
    Why does MicroSoft need my current email password? The Xbox Live Gold sign up was forced upon me, there was no option to just get standard Xbox Live. The first month of Gold is free so I signed up from my laptop, but when I tried to access it on the console
    it didn't show up. Had to subscribe a second time from the console, which worked, but I'm getting billed $9.99 for that subscription and after the first month I'll be paying $20/month for something I didn't want to begin with. Didn't have a lot of choices,
    as my son couldn't play Plants vs Zombies:GW until Xbox Live was activated. Frustrating experience that makes we want to return the Xbox and get a PS4.

ScaryBlair, Dec 25, 2015
  6. {Parity}
    {Parity} Guest
    ScaryBlair sorry for your frustration. You can definitely do that . However before you do you might want to verify that the PS4 gives you what you are looking for.

I have never heard of anyone being forced to buy XBOX Live Gold. Regardless to that it is not $20 / month. The normal annual fee is about $60 but there are specials that are currently running.

Microsoft has cut the annual cost of an Xbox Live Gold subscription. Instead of paying the usual fee of $60 a year, you can become an Xbox Live Gold member for $40. The fine print doesn't indicate whether this is a temporary promotion, which it likely is.
    But it doesn't specify when the sale will end.

Happy Gaming!

{Parity}, Dec 25, 2015
  7. Microsoft should ship the DVD for the software with these game consoles. Santa Claus delivered an Xbox One and my son has been waiting > 10 hours to play the first game. Horrible experience as a first time buyer. At this point, I don't think I would buy
    another game for this console. Downloading from "The Cloud" is not a viable alternative for average consumers, "The Cloud" is for Large Enterprise customers. Horrible experience for a kid to receive his first console on Christmas. I wasted my money! Nintendo
    Wii U does not have this problem. They figured it out, Microsoft should too!

KeyVeil51029091, Dec 25, 2015
  8. Wow, Xbox One. I have to say this might be the worst product I have purchased in a long time.

Everyone is experiencing exactly what I'm experiencing. A horrible gift for kids at Christmas. There should be a warning that it takes hours for kids to even play their first game. Really bad!

CausalBody686, Dec 25, 2015
  9. I assure you this was not my experience this morning , my boy (and me) wanted a SECOND xbox so we could play co-op games together , hooked it up , updated took about 35 minutes , installed update in about 5 or 10 minutes , restarted 1 or 2 times , wanted
    to update the controller and have now been playing all day and most of the nite on them...so it aint everybody , but only people with problems post on the forums not people that didn't , so it seems like everybody I guess...

RobertBuckalew, Dec 25, 2015
  10. Amazing that you had such a great experience. Good job. However, you must have been able to log in before the servers got overwhelmed. Also, it does not address why these issues are here in the first place. Why can't you just play games without updates?

11. Here it is 4 hours later and the NBA2K16 update is only at 67%. I ran a speed test on my internet connection (Time Warner cable) so I don't think the slowness of download is on my end. Shouldn't Microsoft have 'pre-ordered' additional servers to handle the
    Xmas download rush that could have easily been anticipated? They should at least display update messages that say 'due to high network traffic volumes, you may experience download delays'. If I would have known it was going to be this slow, I would have just
    given up and try at a later time. Now, I have too much time invested to start again. What a waste of a Christmas Day. Thanks for nothing, Xbox One!!!

OnshoreSquirrel, Dec 25, 2015
  12. Not sure what time the servers got overloaded but I'm on eastern time Christmas morning so I'm sure it was crowded...as to why you cant play a game without updates your would have to ask the game devs why they RELEASE games that NEED updating , its just
    the way it is , I have a ps4 also , same thing ...brand new game day one , needs a freaking update ...and I attribute my great experience to the fact that I have a good , stable hard wired internet connection coming from a router that was made with xbox live
    in mind ....the VAST MAJORITY of people that have problems are connected with ISP "gateways" that are NOT very good at xbox live connections imo ....check the forum as far back as you want to go COUNTLESS threads about gateways and problems...

RobertBuckalew, Dec 25, 2015
  13. Wow, Xbox One. I have to say this might be the worst product I have purchased in a long time.

Still waiting. Checked internet connection...solid and fast. Router top of line and works with everything I do for work. Xbox updates on Christmas...nothing. Horrible, horrible experience. $500 for a black box that sits on a tv stand. What a great Christmas
    present Xbox. Thanks.

14. I have to agree that this is the worst gift for a kid at christmas. Why do I have to download for an entire day to play a game I caughed up $50 bucks for the disk? No one said that you would be in purgatory waithing with your young kids while the game
    was loading...not like the Wii where you load and go. The standard answer of re-boot is typical MS speak and worthless advice. Cannot begin to voice my frustration that anyone would pawn this off on someone without explicit details of what you are getting
    yourself into. Now I have multiple stores to try and return the items that I bought to go along with this. MS should refund the wasted money spent on this crappy system. Oh, and by the way i never have posted on one of these before, but had to unload. My
    connection speed is good, as i can stream multiple movies on multiple devices at the same time...

SpeedGODUCKS8, Dec 25, 2015
  15. Xbox should give you the option to either update the game or play the game as is. If the game is so whacked out and needs to fix bugs to play, then they should not sell it as a game. That's the craziest business/product development I've ever heard in my
    life. Just let people put in the disk and play it.

CausalBody686, Dec 26, 2015
Thema:

1. Wow, Xbox One. I have to say this might be the worst product I have purchased in a long time. - Similar Threads - Wow might worst

2. Wow, the Xbox remembers up to ten wireless networks now in Alpha ring

in XboX Insiders
    Wow, the Xbox remembers up to ten wireless networks now in Alpha ring: Just found it out reading the last release notes. submitted by /u/Pschirki [link] [comments]
  3. Wow changing a gamertag on xbox is a pain in the ass.

in XboX Insiders
    Wow changing a gamertag on xbox is a pain in the ass.: Why they need to charge us with 9.99 dollars which is already a big money that i can't afford nor my country. They should change it give us freedom to change our gamertag freely without paying....
  4. Can't connect to WoW: Legends

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't connect to WoW: Legends: Ever since the last update I can't connect to World of Warships Legends. I can connect to World of Tanks as well as every other multiplayer gave I have installed, but not Warships. My NAT is set...
  5. Oh wow has it been 7 years already. How time flys.......

in XboX Insiders
    Oh wow has it been 7 years already. How time flys.......: [IMG] submitted by /u/DaGabbaGhoul [link] [comments]
  6. Xbox one games on an Amazon fire stick! Wow!

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox one games on an Amazon fire stick! Wow!: I'm still blown away that I can play my Xbox games via Xcloud on an Amazon fire stick! This is a game changer! https://youtu.be/30Ytq2hPo3M submitted by /u/amaeloeze7 [link] [comments]
  7. I have WoW! 1000mbps and I have my own modem. Arris sb8200 is the modem and the router is...

in XboX Networking Hardware
    I have WoW! 1000mbps and I have my own modem. Arris sb8200 is the modem and the router is...: I have WoW! 1000mbps and I have my own modem. Arris sb8200 is the modem and the router is Asus rt ac56r and the Im confused cause nothing has changed when changing modem and internet speed from...
  8. Wow We wait this 7 years! And now we finally get this...24 hours format. Thank you xbox...

in XboX Insiders
    Wow We wait this 7 years! And now we finally get this...24 hours format. Thank you xbox...: [IMG] submitted by /u/earmack [link] [comments]
  9. Wow, this must really be in the early beta stages for it to not even load. I’m in the us...

in XboX Insiders
    Wow, this must really be in the early beta stages for it to not even load. I’m in the us...: [IMG] submitted by /u/JewsFundedIsis [link] [comments]
  10. Wow!! The new Dashboard home is Great! And it's configurable! You can delete tabs , sort...

in XboX Insiders
    Wow!! The new Dashboard home is Great! And it's configurable! You can delete tabs , sort...: [IMG] submitted by /u/Pschirki [link] [comments]