Wow! Did I just get screwed Big Time

Discus and support Wow! Did I just get screwed Big Time in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; As many folks did ... I pre-ordered the Xbox One X. I received it around 11/12/17. I waited for a few days to hook it up. Once it was hooked up, I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TDJ!, Jan 25, 2018.

1. TDJ!
    TDJ! Guest

As many folks did ... I pre-ordered the Xbox One X. I received it around 11/12/17. I waited for a few days to hook it up. Once it was hooked up, I played it daily for the next two weeks. All of a sudden, it simply shut down in the middle of game play.
    HASSLE!!! I then had to go through all the steps to ship it back to Texas for warranty repair. I finally got notice from Microsoft that it was repaired and on its way back to me via FedEx.

Here's where Microsoft wins big and I lose bigger. Microsoft allowed FedEx to deliver my return package without a signature in a high crime area. What the hell were they thinking? According to FedEx Tracking, it was never actually
    delivered to me or my apartment. It was delivered to a sidewalk outside of my apartment where it sat for the next 6 hours. Sometime during that time, it was ripped off by some scumbag thief. So I contact Microsoft "customer service" via chat. They tell
    me that they will look into it and get back to me in 3 to 5 days. That was two weeks ago. I opened another chatline this morning and was told that it's my loss ... not theirs.

Good bye Microsoft and hello Play Station. I've been buying Microsoft gaming systems for more than 10 years. I've purchased them as gifts and I always buy the newest upgrades. NO MORE!!! $500.00 loss for me and a big gain for
    Microsoft.

:)

2. Buy it or don't buy it

You ain't just whislin' Dixie! M$ screwed up big time!

MightyLordRay, Jan 25, 2018
  3. Horizon l
    Horizon l Guest
    suspended, is there any point to continue play?

wow... just wow... well in that case, i want to see what i wrote that could offend anyone! not get a big @@@ letter about what i did wrong but i want see the words on my bio motto name that was wrong!

Horizon l, Jan 25, 2018
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

If it broke in 2 weeks, why didn't you just take it back and exchange it with the retailer?

You also should open a claim with FedEx if you haven't since it's their fault, not Microsoft's. The same thing could happen with PS.

Smwutches, Jan 25, 2018
  5. KindGryphon
    KindGryphon Guest
    And there are report of the same thing happening with playstation. If you google it you can find many cases of the same exact thing happening on Playstation.

KindGryphon, Jan 25, 2018
  6. So Fed Ex makes deliveries without a signature? UPS delivery required my signature, since I wasn't home, they left a note. "Your package can be picked up at your local PO."

Sure, it cost me a trip to the PO which at the time I didn't like, but after reading what happened to you. I'd happily make the trip thousands of times over.

Wouldn't Fed Ex's insurance cover your package? Or did Fed Ex cop out?

ElectroFlying, Jan 25, 2018
  7. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest
    Not always. When you ship something through them you can set it up to have the delivery require a signature. Same with UPS. I am surprised Microsoft would not have required a signature through that, but I've also had packages from them before that haven't,
    even through UPS.

FedEx and UPS also have things set up so you can sign up and change delivery options for things like this which would be a good thing for you to do OP if you live in such a bad area. When packages are on their way, you can have them redirected to the hubs
    and go pick them up, or leave other delivery instructions.

Smwutches, Jan 25, 2018
  8. TDJ!
    TDJ! Guest

Because I didn't buy it from a local retailer. I bought it directly from Microsoft as part of their early-purchase promotion. But I shouldn't have had to return it to begin with. I'm actually getting used to the idea that modern manufacturers are far
    more interested in getting their money and not so interested in quality and/or service. It's the most recent plague to attack America's consumers. Again ... their gain and my loss.

9. HAZMAT RADIO
    HAZMAT RADIO Guest
    Again, if you haven't done so, contact Fedex ASAP and get that lost/stolen process started with them and hold onto that tracking number and info.

Fedex has the responsibility to deliver the package and they need to do an investigation and then give you the result of that investigation. Upon that result, they might give you some options. Get a name, number and reference number from them. After that
    contact Xbox Support.

When you contact Xbox Support, let them know that the repair was delivered and stolen. There is a process in place where they should ask you for your initial repair order number / reference number. If you don't have that they can look that up. And then they
    will get the additional information about tracking numbers and such from you and they should ask you if you've contacted Fedex and what did Fedex state.

It's a process, it's time consuming and the Xbox agent should get you a reference number and let you know you'll be contacted withing 5-7 business days.

HAZMAT RADIO, Jan 25, 2018
  10. Why would you send the console for a repair instead of going back to where you bought it from for a brand new replacement? Stores may try to fob you off but it is their responsibility to ensure the products they sell are fit for purpose.

Playstation by the way is one word and they have the same policies when it comes to console repair and replacement.

Zen Like Calm, Jan 25, 2018
  11. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest
    Already asked that. He ordered it from Microsoft.

Smwutches, Jan 25, 2018
  12. Everything within corporations policy always breaks down to one common denominator. It's always the consumers fault.

Regardless of policy, why not verify by knocking on the door that someone is available to take delivery? If no one comes to the door. Then, DO NOT leave package by the curb policy kicks in to protect, not only the customer, but the delivery company as well?

Common sense eh.

ElectroFlying, Jan 25, 2018
  13. Wow! Did I just get screwed Big Time

It`s the couriers responsibility as it was their duty to make sure the item was delivered to the correct address.

There was quite a lot of media coverage of this sort of theft here in the UK prior to Xmas.

Parcel companies were hiring extra drivers to cover the peak period and it was the drivers themselves who were found to be stealing parcels.

So get onto FedEx as this is their fault.

Paraffin Alien, Jan 26, 2018
  14. Shaggy2000
    Shaggy2000 Guest
    Just one question, why don't you go and have a word with UPS, surely if they were the delivery service then you can contact them.

Shaggy2000, Nov 1, 2018
  15. TDJ! Win User

If it broke in 2 weeks, why didn't you just take it back and exchange it with the retailer?

You also should open a claim with FedEx if you haven't since it's their fault, not Microsoft's. The same thing could happen with PS.
    Because I didn't buy it from a local retailer. I bought it directly from Microsoft as part of their early-purchase promotion. But I shouldn't have had to return it to begin with. I'm actually getting used to the idea that modern manufacturers are far
    more interested in getting their money and not so interested in quality and/or service. It's the most recent plague to attack America's consumers. Again ... their gain and my loss.
  16. Shaggy2000 Win User

Just one question, why don't you go and have a word with UPS, surely if they were the delivery service then you can contact them.
  17. ElectroFlying Win User

So Fed Ex makes deliveries without a signature?

Not always. When you ship something through them you can set it up to have the delivery require a signature. Same with UPS. I am surprised Microsoft would not have required a signature through that, but I've also had packages from them before that haven't,
    even through UPS.

FedEx and UPS also have things set up so you can sign up and change delivery options for things like this which would be a good thing for you to do OP if you live in such a bad area. When packages are on their way, you can have them redirected to the hubs
    and go pick them up, or leave other delivery instructions.
    Everything within corporations policy always breaks down to one common denominator. It's always the consumers fault.

Regardless of policy, why not verify by knocking on the door that someone is available to take delivery? If no one comes to the door. Then, DO NOT leave package by the curb policy kicks in to protect, not only the customer, but the delivery company as well?

Common sense eh.
  18. ElectroFlying Win User

So Fed Ex makes deliveries without a signature? UPS delivery required my signature, since I wasn't home, they left a note. "Your package can be picked up at your local PO."

Sure, it cost me a trip to the PO which at the time I didn't like, but after reading what happened to you. I'd happily make the trip thousands of times over.

Wouldn't Fed Ex's insurance cover your package? Or did Fed Ex cop out?
  19. KindGryphon Win User

And there are report of the same thing happening with playstation. If you google it you can find many cases of the same exact thing happening on Playstation.
Thema:

1. Wow! Did I just get screwed Big Time - Similar Threads - Wow Did screwed

2. Wow changing a gamertag on xbox is a pain in the ass.

in XboX Insiders
    Wow changing a gamertag on xbox is a pain in the ass.: Why they need to charge us with 9.99 dollars which is already a big money that i can't afford nor my country. They should change it give us freedom to change our gamertag freely without paying....
  3. Can't connect to WoW: Legends

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't connect to WoW: Legends: Ever since the last update I can't connect to World of Warships Legends. I can connect to World of Tanks as well as every other multiplayer gave I have installed, but not Warships. My NAT is set...
  4. Oh wow has it been 7 years already. How time flys.......

in XboX Insiders
    Oh wow has it been 7 years already. How time flys.......: [IMG] submitted by /u/DaGabbaGhoul [link] [comments]
  5. Xbox one games on an Amazon fire stick! Wow!

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox one games on an Amazon fire stick! Wow!: I'm still blown away that I can play my Xbox games via Xcloud on an Amazon fire stick! This is a game changer! https://youtu.be/30Ytq2hPo3M submitted by /u/amaeloeze7 [link] [comments]
  6. I have WoW! 1000mbps and I have my own modem. Arris sb8200 is the modem and the router is...

in XboX Networking Hardware
    I have WoW! 1000mbps and I have my own modem. Arris sb8200 is the modem and the router is...: I have WoW! 1000mbps and I have my own modem. Arris sb8200 is the modem and the router is Asus rt ac56r and the Im confused cause nothing has changed when changing modem and internet speed from...
  7. Wow We wait this 7 years! And now we finally get this...24 hours format. Thank you xbox...

in XboX Insiders
    Wow We wait this 7 years! And now we finally get this...24 hours format. Thank you xbox...: [IMG] submitted by /u/earmack [link] [comments]
  8. Wow, this must really be in the early beta stages for it to not even load. I’m in the us...

in XboX Insiders
    Wow, this must really be in the early beta stages for it to not even load. I’m in the us...: [IMG] submitted by /u/JewsFundedIsis [link] [comments]
  9. WOW: Has anyone else tried to download the farcry 5 lost on Mars I did and for some reason it ...

in XboX Networking Hardware
    WOW: Has anyone else tried to download the farcry 5 lost on Mars I did and for some reason it ...: WOW (ISPs): Has anyone else tried to download the farcry 5 lost on Mars I did and for some reason it gav Vietnam You may need to call phone support directly. The phone numbers are listed online....
  10. Wow did I get a Wakeup call from Microsoft Today****Microsoft Employees Please Read****

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wow did I get a Wakeup call from Microsoft Today****Microsoft Employees Please Read****: Let me start by giving you a little background so fanboys don't go off on their wild tangents and accuse me of Microsoft Bashing. That is not my intent. My hope is that someone at Microsoft...