Would screen sharing for online local multiplayer ever be possible ?

Discus and support Would screen sharing for online local multiplayer ever be possible ? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; just wondering as some of my favourite games have much better offerings when it comes to their local multiplayer modes, while the online modes are... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/GreenoSkulleti, Apr 28, 2022.

1. Would screen sharing for online local multiplayer ever be possible ?

just wondering as some of my favourite games have much better offerings when it comes to their local multiplayer modes, while the online modes are barebones in comparison.

we’ve already seen online local play work on Playstation with Screenshare and on PC with Steam, as well as apps like Parsec.

so it has me wondering if an Xbox equivalent could be possible with the use of the cloud technology, or perhaps even without cloud tech?

anyone who knows a little more than I do, I’d love to hear if it’s possible !

submitted by /u/GreenoSkulleti
    [link] [comments]

/u/GreenoSkulleti, Apr 28, 2022
  2. KrisFarrell Win User

Xbox Live not available

Online multiplayer yes - local multiplayer would not require a Gold Sub, like split-screen/ system link.
  3. Smwutches Win User

Xbox one split screen???

You'll want to make sure the games you're trying to play do offer local co-op (split screen) and not just online multiplayer. In the game itself you'll also want to make sure you are choosing the correct settings for local multiplayer and not online. I'm not sure if there is a list of all of the split screen games. There are several lists out there ranking some of the best.

360 games would work the same way.
  4. CODukes4 Win User

Anyone else fed up of games forcing multi-player down our throats?

Galactic geek are you saying certain games shouldn't have Multiplayer, Cooperative Multiplayer, Competitive Multiplayer, Team-Based Competitive Mutliplayer, Local Multiplayer, Online Multiplayer, Split-Screen multiplayer, Same-Screen Multiplayer, Turn-Based
    multiplayer, or LAN Party multiplayer. Please clarify.
  5. Galactic Geek Win User

Anyone else fed up of games forcing multi-player down our throats?

Satsumo, you're not being very logical, IMO, and I'm not quite sure you're actually following what it is that I'm saying (or perhaps I'm just having trouble following you).

In any case, to that end, I'm going to try to break it down for you:

Single-player = a game you play by yourself.

Multiplayer = a game you play with others.

Campaign = Story-based game mode. Usually single-player, but not always, as evidenced by co-op (e.g., Gears of War) and competitive multiplayer (e.g., Titanfall).

Cooperative Multiplayer = a multiplayer game or game mode where you work together.

Competitive Multiplayer = a multiplayer game mode where you go up against another player (e.g., fighting games) or players (e.g., first-person shooters).

Team-Based Competitive Mutliplayer = a multiplayer game mode where some players are allies and other players are enemies (e.g., Call of Duty).

Local Multiplayer = a multiplayer game on 1 console.

Online Multiplayer = a multiplayer game that occurs online and requires an Internet connection.

Split-Screen multiplayer = a multiplayer game variation where players share a single TV by splitting the screen; typically used for local multiplayer, but can also be used online as well in many cases (e.g., Halo).

Same-Screen Multiplayer = a multiplayer game variation where players share the same screen without any actual splitting of the screen (e.g., Rayman Legends).

Turn-Based multiplayer = a multiplayer game variation where players take turns (e.g., Magic Duels of the Planeswalkers, Worms Battlegrounds, and Pinball FX 2). Also known as "hot-seat" multiplayer.

LAN Party = a multiplayer game that takes place over a network (LAN = local area network), but not online. A pseudo-bridge of sorts between local and online play.

As you can see, there are clear differences. Single-player and multiplayer are
    NOT mutually exclusive to online or offline play or campaign-based game modes. A campaign can be online or offline and can be single-player or multiplayer. In addition, a mutlplayer game mode can be online or offline and can
    be cooperative or competitive or even both.

Many people seem to get confused thinking that campaign
    HAS to involve single-player, that multiplayer
    HAS to involve online play or competitive multiplayer, or that a cooperative game mode
    HAS to be a part of campaign.
    ALL of these lines of thinking are, to put it bluntly,
    WRONG.

*RED text added for "emphasis"
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Xbox Series X Couch Multiplayer on two TVs?

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today Rahul

Nope, that's not possible. The only way to do that is having two Xbox consoles and use local multiplayer.

Besides that the option is share the screen.
Thema:

Would screen sharing for online local multiplayer ever be possible ?

1. Would screen sharing for online local multiplayer ever be possible ? - Similar Threads - screen sharing online

2. Discord screen share feature not working.

in XboX Insiders
    Discord screen share feature not working.: How do I screen share to discord. I have watched all the videos and read everything I can find and still not luck. The option to screen share is not even there. Any help. submitted by...
  3. Discord Screen Sharing Issue/Confusion For a Delta Xbox

in XboX Insiders
    Discord Screen Sharing Issue/Confusion For a Delta Xbox: I was wondering why I can not screen share 360 games through the modern consoles. Is it because they open a different client to open the game? I wanted to screen share mtgr to some buddies that...
  4. How do I access the Discord screen share option?

in XboX Insiders
    How do I access the Discord screen share option?: I opted in for the update previews but nothing changed. I checked my system's updates but it says it's completely up to date yet I'm still missing that option. Can someone please help me figure...
  5. Hey will Xbox Discord ever have a screen share feature i think this would make it easier to...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Hey will Xbox Discord ever have a screen share feature i think this would make it easier to...: I think this should 100% be a feature but it would need to be polished and not majorly disrupt performance. 3d7dfda9-934d-4ac4-95f0-84d672f4612a
  6. xbox controller disconnects when screen sharing is activated

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox controller disconnects when screen sharing is activated: My xbox controller is connected to my pc(win 10) via blotooth, when I access my screen on the tv in the other room and go to it, the controller disconnects and a message appears on the tv to use...
  7. The New Cloud Gaming " Click to Continue " Watermark Has ruined screen sharing and streaming

in XboX Insiders
    The New Cloud Gaming " Click to Continue " Watermark Has ruined screen sharing and streaming: I just want the new watermark in cloud game to be removed , its not helpful at all and has ruined cloud gaming screen sharing for me and my friends , teams ,groups as now we have to look pass an...
  8. Unable to share clips & screen shots to Twitter.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Unable to share clips & screen shots to Twitter.: As of last night I am unable to share clips & Screenshots straight to Twitter. I've tried re-linking my Twitter to my Microsoft account, I've tried removing and adding back my Microsoft account to...
  9. Samsung G tab s4 will not screen share w Xbox SX

in XboX Insiders
    Samsung G tab s4 will not screen share w Xbox SX: my S21+ connects as normal. when connecting the Tab the Xbox launches the store to download the Movies and TV app. It will connect to the Movies app, but that's not screen share. reboots of...
  10. Samsung G tab s4 will not screen share w Xbox SX

in XboX Insiders
    Samsung G tab s4 will not screen share w Xbox SX: my S21+ connects as normal. when connecting the Tab the Xbox launches the store to download the Movies and TV app. reboots of either devices does not fix it. Table is updated stock OS....