Would having a family member using an Xbox 360 controller via an adapter on my Series X get...

Discus and support Would having a family member using an Xbox 360 controller via an adapter on my Series X get... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I was wondering if using our only other controller via an adapter for the purpose of family fun get me banned/suspended. I can buy a controller for the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Ultimatefurlord, Dec 1, 2022.

1. Would having a family member using an Xbox 360 controller via an adapter on my Series X get...

I was wondering if using our only other controller via an adapter for the purpose of family fun get me banned/suspended. I can buy a controller for the holidays, but they just want to play sonic mania with me. I know there are third party controllers out there, but is Microsoft going to make an adapter or 360 styled controllers (Like how they did the OG Xbox controllers)? If I need a new controller that will be fine, but I'd like to save money where I can.

:)

Ultimatefurlord, Dec 1, 2022
  2. Ultimatefurlord Win User

Would having a family member using an Xbox 360 controller via an adapter on my Series X get me banned?

Thank you very much! Your help is definitely appreciated!
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Would having a family member using an Xbox 360 controller via an adapter on my Series X get me banned?

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community.
    My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today ULTIMATEFURLORD

If this adapter doesn’t add extra “features” like auto aim or similar I think that you’re good

But is recommended to always use official products with your console
    And, as far as I know Microsoft doesn’t announced something like that (adapters or 360 styled controllers)
  4. SwordofWhedon Win User

Is it possible to use the Xbox 360 controller with PC Minecraft?

The Xbox 360 controller, assuming you’re using wireless only charges via USB. You would need to get the now discontinued 360 wireless adapter

Any Xbox one controller will connect via USB, Bluetooth, or the Xbox wireless adapter. You need to use USB or the Xbox adapter for headset support
  5. RandyAU93 Win User

Connecting an Xbox 360 controller to an Xbox One X for split screen play

Unfortunately, Xbox 360 controllers cannot be used on Xbox One family devices (Xbox One, Xbox One S, Xbox One S All-Digital, Xbox One X and the upcoming Xbox Series X). There are a small number of third party controllers that have a switch on them that
    allow them to be used on one or the other.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Adapter Xbox 360 for PC and new controller.

Hi,

I’m Killing Skids

The Answer Is Yes as Long As it has Bluetooth or wireless connection
    Hi,

That's not quite right. Apologies for quoting you.

The Xbox 360 controller uses a proprietary wireless technology, it's not Bluetooth and the old adaptors won't work with a modern controller like the Xbox One or Series X|S controllers.

Unlike Xbox 360 wireless controllers, Xbox One and Series controllers can also be connected via USB cable. Old Xbox One controllers use Micro USB, Series Controllers are USB C.

To use an Xbox One/ Series controller via wireless on a PC and get basic functionality, all you need to do is connect the controller via Bluetooth. If your PC doesn't have Bluetooth then you'll need to buy a Bluetooth USB dongle, they're very cheap, less than $10. I'm from the UK and I connect my Series X controller to my PC via BT dongle I purchased from Amazon for about £5.

For extra wireless features you'll need the Xbox One Wireless Adaptor for Windows 10. Unfortunately, the official Microsoft branded adaptors are now quite rare.
Thema:

Would having a family member using an Xbox 360 controller via an adapter on my Series X get...

1. Would having a family member using an Xbox 360 controller via an adapter on my Series X get... - Similar Threads - having family member

2. If I remove my son from the family account so he doesn’t have any restrictions will this...

in XBoX Accessibility
    If I remove my son from the family account so he doesn’t have any restrictions will this...: My son is in our family account but I want to remove him as he keeps getting messages that he needs to ask for my permission to use chrome ??? If I remove him can he still use our Xbox account...
  3. Cant leave family altough I dont have family

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cant leave family altough I dont have family: [img] I cannot remove myself from the family altough there is only my acocunt on the family. there is no 3 dot menu to change my settings or leave my family. e8be3ba4-2d65-4e7e-89fd-f6af21c0ae80
  4. I have been removed from family group yet I still need permission

in XBoX on Windows
    I have been removed from family group yet I still need permission: Hiii I recently wanted to change my gamer tag. I have been in a family group so it needed permission from someone. So I went to my mothers since I have access account and removed me from the...
  5. How do I fix this keep in mind I have no access to an xbox and I’ve tried to use family but...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I fix this keep in mind I have no access to an xbox and I’ve tried to use family but...: [img] I really just can’t seem to figure it out 261c3497-fb87-4958-a44c-24aef7063886
  6. I am in a family group that I have no idea about

in XBoX Accessibility
    I am in a family group that I have no idea about: I was trying to look at minecraft realms, but then it said "you need a parent's permission for this." I was confused because I never thought of this to be a child's account. I saw on a forum that...
  7. Microsoft Family Safety - Multiple "Second Notices" despite having taken action

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft Family Safety - Multiple "Second Notices" despite having taken action: July 19, 2023, receive an email requesting consent for something in Microsoft Family Safety (email contained a lot of text, but no explanation as to why or how to get help). July 20, 2023,...
  8. So Im on IOS and I don’t have a Xbox I use cloud gaming my parents have on the family...

in XBoX Accessibility
    So Im on IOS and I don’t have a Xbox I use cloud gaming my parents have on the family...: So Im on IOS and I don’t have a Xbox I use cloud gaming my parents have on the family safety settings on and I can’t get it off. Can you help me? 690401b3-3812-4611-959e-9275732de670
  9. Hello , i have a problem i want to quit my family but I don’t have the option to quit...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hello , i have a problem i want to quit my family but I don’t have the option to quit...: Hello I have a problem i can’t quit my family , i don’t have the option to quit , please could you help me 0ac9f8f5-6678-4362-a9fb-d13a858b42bd
  10. i cant change my birth date and i dont have a family member who has microsoft acount

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    i cant change my birth date and i dont have a family member who has microsoft acount: i cant change my birth date and i dont have a family member who has microsoft acount 5710f685-abd3-4d9b-8f55-44071ada4637