WORST Xbox Support from a LAUNCH DAY ONE CONSOLE - I can't get help!

Discus and support WORST Xbox Support from a LAUNCH DAY ONE CONSOLE - I can't get help! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; 1 - I should not have been told that I would get a Day One controller by Customer Support when I called. I was given an inaccurate expectation if that... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Tamizander, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Tamizander
    Tamizander Guest

1 - I should not have been told that I would get a Day One controller by Customer Support when I called. I was given an inaccurate expectation if that is the case. I would like them to explain why I was given that incorrect expectation.

2- My retailer was SOLD OUT at the time.

Tamizander, Jan 4, 2014
  2. Same boat here, only I (like a fool) bought it straight FROM Microsoft so im a double dummy.....I even bought the "complete" warranty that told me this WOULDNT happen........

"Microsoft Complete - Xbox One - 2 Year

Covers hardware issues for 3 years from date of device purchase. In the event of a device malfunction, plan provides an Advanced Exchange replacement option at no additional charge (no upfront charge; credit card hold required and charges apply if original
    unit is not returned). Also covers up to 2 controller replacements during the coverage period. Exclusions apply. Review contract terms and conditions for details".

now, I know they covered themselves legally but when I read (and also called and spoke to someone and was ASSURED no out of pocket costs) " In the event of a device malfunction, plan provides an Advanced Exchange replacement option at no additional charge
    (no upfront charge; credit card hold required and charges apply if original unit is not returned)." I thought that "device" meant well, device....console , Kinect, controller , power brick.....and was TOLD that.......nope....controllers and power bricks are
    "accessories" and fall under a "different plan".......something that is REQUIRED is NOT, repeat NOT AN ACCESSORY!!!!!!.....anyway, ive argued it with them Ad nauseam to no avail.......but I dang sure wont forget it.....as many game sites as I can find, as
    many blogs as I can type......people should know, BUYER BEWARE!!!!

RobertBuckalew, Oct 31, 2018
  3. Stoyvensen Win User

Your most likely not going to get a day one controller back. Just saying.
  4. pkvas Win User

I wouldn't even get on the phone over a broken controller I would just buy a new one
  5. EnenDaveyBoy Win User

If your in the UK, its down the to the company you purchased it from to replace it, not MS, where are you in the world?
  6. BizarroMantis Win User

MS should have resolved his problem much faster and it's not right that he had to pay return shipping on a defective controller. and no, u won't get a replacement day one controller.
  7. Tamizander Win User

Not really the point.

I have an item that I cannot use. I am not going to sink more money into this console without it being made correct by Microsoft.

Sure, the answer can always be 'go buy another' but it isn't the correct answer.
Thema:

1. WORST Xbox Support from a LAUNCH DAY ONE CONSOLE - I can't get help! - Similar Threads - WORST Support LAUNCH

2. Why is microsoft support literally the worst support in existence

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is microsoft support literally the worst support in existence: So my brother got his account compromised recently and we kept recovering it over and over and the person who compromised it could just get the account back within seconds and as soon as they...
  3. Genuinely Microsoft has the worst customer support ever... Anyway to contact American...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Genuinely Microsoft has the worst customer support ever... Anyway to contact American...: I recently had my account compromised and someone got into it, so I made a ticket hoping microsoft would do something, but of course no even though they said it would take a max of 72 hours, its...
  4. Does Microsoft have the worst customer support of all time?

in XBoX on Windows
    Does Microsoft have the worst customer support of all time?: This is a trillion dollar company, with worse customer support than your average McDonalds. Most of their products have a maximum support of reading BS articles online that have nothing to do with...
  5. Worst Support ever!

in XBoX Accessibility
    Worst Support ever!: My account was hacked a couple of weeks and it’s been nothing but me going out of my mind to contact support. They claim to give call backs and respond to emails but they don’t do either and all...
  6. Worst Experience? Xbox Support, or Getting a paper cut on your eyeball? (hint) its close

in XBoX Accessibility
    Worst Experience? Xbox Support, or Getting a paper cut on your eyeball? (hint) its close: I have been a Xbox player since conception. First consol. I have a high reputation and for the most part I only chat with friends in private chat. I've paid for gold for over 10 years. 2 days...
  7. Worst customer support experience ever

in XBoX on Consoles
    Worst customer support experience ever: So I purchased a series x last year (end of febuary) and had heard of the suggestion to keep it away from walls and anything that can block its vents as it could cause them to overheat. Planned...
  8. Worst customer support I've ever experienced

in XBoX on Windows
    Worst customer support I've ever experienced: I have contacted and been called back by customer support for a issue regarding a refund on a faulty XBOX controller today. Talked to 3 different support people. Every time I've given them the...
  9. I have had the worst experience with Microsoft's Xbox support.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have had the worst experience with Microsoft's Xbox support.: I had started a service claim in response to an Xbox series X that continued to crash after reaching out here for possible solutions. The series x was returned to a repair center of Microsoft...
  10. Microsoft has hands down the worst support i've ever encountered.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft has hands down the worst support i've ever encountered.: Two months ago, someone hacked my account and made two purchases for gift-cards totaling 35$. I changed my account login details within the minute. The only thing left was to get a refund.... I...