WORST Xbox Support from a LAUNCH DAY ONE CONSOLE - I can't get help!

Discus and support WORST Xbox Support from a LAUNCH DAY ONE CONSOLE - I can't get help! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Please bear with me. I've been stuck in Support Hell dealing with my broken Day One console. I am unable to get help. I am unable to get resolution. It... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Tamizander, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Tamizander
    Tamizander Guest

Please bear with me. I've been stuck in Support Hell dealing with my broken Day One console. I am unable to get help. I am unable to get resolution. It has now been one full month and a few days after launch and I am still unable to play the console that
    I purchased on launch properly. Support has not been able to help me properly. I am not sure where I can go from here, but I believe that the only thing I can do is bring the information here.

I have ALWAYS been a Microsoft fan. I have a launch Xbox that is still playing. I purchased Xbox 360 on launch. I purchased Xbox One on launch. I love Microsoft and Windows PCs. I even purchased a Zune! Two of them! I have no problems in the past with Microsoft.
    However, the way that I have been treated concerning the Xbox One is something that I would love to believe is something that shouldn't have happened.

My Day One console arrived with a broken Day One controller. The left bumper was geeked and broken out of the box. I contacted support. They told me that I would have to replace the entire console. That seemed heavy handed. They told me that they would call
    me back two days later in order to set up a return replacement. They did not call. Amazing. Two days later, I noticed that my disc drive was broken! Angry, I called support. Now, I had a broken console AND a broken controller. I called and set up an advance
    replacement for my console and I was told that I would have to pay OUT OF MY OWN POCKET for sending the controller back. That's crazy. I should not have to pay out of my own pocket to return an out of the box defective product back for replacement. It should
    be sent to me. That is stupid and I am upset about that. I was promised by the person on the phone that I would be returned a Day One controller.

Now, the controller got 'stuck' in the repair facility and took WAY too long to return. The console was replaced. Now, I should be set, correct? INCORRECT.

The controller returns to me the day after Christmas. Took almost three weeks for the repair. When it arrives, its in a 'way too big' box and was rattling around. I opened the box and it was a regular controller. Not my DAY ONE controller. What?! Also, it's
    a broken controller, the menu button and D pad don't work properly.

I need resolution. I contacted support and they sent a ticket up to Advocacy. Next, I'm told to wait. Over the next few days, I called looking for information. No one can help me. I've called many many times. I'm told that Advocacy will call me by the 2nd.
    No one called, of course. Calling back, I was told that it was updated to five days from now. I can't handle this. All I want is resolution from my brand new console. This is upsetting and I want this to stop. Someone, somewhere, please contact me and help
    me.

:)

Tamizander, Jan 3, 2014
  2. VividSoul
    VividSoul Guest
    VividSoul, Jan 3, 2014
  3. dab1gg00ch
    dab1gg00ch Guest
    Preorder Xbox one Day one edition from microsoft.com

Just curious..If I preorder the xbox one day one edition from microsoft.com, will I get the console at launch?

dab1gg00ch, Jan 3, 2014
  4. tohellnbak
    tohellnbak Guest

why not just go to Best buy and buy a another controller....??? if they replaced your console... and you sat there for 3 weeks with no controller? Sorry... I wouldve been playing that night on a brand new NON day 1 controller for sure

tohellnbak, Jan 3, 2014
  5. Tamizander
    Tamizander Guest
    Not really the point.

I have an item that I cannot use. I am not going to sink more money into this console without it being made correct by Microsoft.

Sure, the answer can always be 'go buy another' but it isn't the correct answer.

Tamizander, Jan 4, 2014
  6. tohellnbak
    tohellnbak Guest
    well by coming to a forum complaining that you cannot play your XB because they never sent you a replacement controller.. let alone a day 1 controller...instead of just getting another controller for $60 to hold you over until MS replaces yours is just silly...

tohellnbak, Jan 4, 2014
  7. MS should have resolved his problem much faster and it's not right that he had to pay return shipping on a defective controller. and no, u won't get a replacement day one controller.

BizarroMantis, Jan 4, 2014
  8. EnenDaveyBoy
    EnenDaveyBoy Guest

If your in the UK, its down the to the company you purchased it from to replace it, not MS, where are you in the world?

EnenDaveyBoy, Jan 4, 2014
  9. tohellnbak
    tohellnbak Guest
    It is personal preference Bizzaro... if I was in his shoes.... would I sit for weeks looking at a working XB1 and wait for a controller to play it to come in the mail or would I run to Best Buy and buy one? me personally... I would just buy a new controller...
    and wait on MS to resolve the broken one...

tohellnbak, Jan 4, 2014
  10. pkvas
    pkvas Guest
    I wouldn't even get on the phone over a broken controller I would just buy a new one

pkvas, Jan 4, 2014
  11. Tamizander
    Tamizander Guest
    Sorry, I received a broken controller with my Xbox One and the replacement was also broken.

It is a personal preference to just purchase a new one.

However, I am seeing that MANY people are receiving broken controllers from MS. Because of that, yes, they should take care of the issue.

Following that logic, we should go and tell everyone with a broken console to "Just go out and buy a new one and not bother Microsoft". It's horrible advice.

Microsoft should take care of the broken equipment I paid for. Period.

Tamizander, Jan 4, 2014
  12. Stoyvensen
    Stoyvensen Guest
    Your most likely not going to get a day one controller back. Just saying.

Stoyvensen, Jan 4, 2014
  13. WORST Xbox Support from a LAUNCH DAY ONE CONSOLE - I can't get help!

I feel you dude. I have sent in 2 controllers that have broken from day one. one that was mine, one that was my room mates. It has been over a month... I had to keep calling and they said they never got them... I shipped them first class.

shipped 12/2/2012 will be getting the first controller back 1/6/2014.

Icon Brigadier, Jan 4, 2014
  14. DuFFuL
    DuFFuL Guest
    While I agree that your situation has not been handled very well, to say that MANY people have broken controllers is a bit much. Out of the 2 million x1 sold, which would make it at least way more controllers as a lot of people bought extant ones it's only
    a small percentage. As for your console breaking after 2 days. Why didn't you just return it to where you bought it from? Did you even try that route first? I'm not giving you crap about it because I know if I was in your shoes I would be quite annoyed as
    well. Also they do not replace day one controllers. You will get a standard one.

DuFFuL, Jan 4, 2014
  15. What's more silly is trying to tell someone he should spend more money on a product and service he is dissatisfied with. The fact is Microsoft support dropped the ball. He shouldn't have to spend money to have a working product. Microsoft
    won't refund him the extra money spent on the new controller. It's a matter of principle. I would, however, of have taken it back to the store I purchased it from. The retailer has a responsibility to sell you a working product and that should always be your
    first point of contact.

Unreal Warfare, Jan 4, 2014
Thema:

1. WORST Xbox Support from a LAUNCH DAY ONE CONSOLE - I can't get help! - Similar Threads - WORST Support LAUNCH

2. Why is microsoft support literally the worst support in existence

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is microsoft support literally the worst support in existence: So my brother got his account compromised recently and we kept recovering it over and over and the person who compromised it could just get the account back within seconds and as soon as they...
  3. Genuinely Microsoft has the worst customer support ever... Anyway to contact American...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Genuinely Microsoft has the worst customer support ever... Anyway to contact American...: I recently had my account compromised and someone got into it, so I made a ticket hoping microsoft would do something, but of course no even though they said it would take a max of 72 hours, its...
  4. Does Microsoft have the worst customer support of all time?

in XBoX on Windows
    Does Microsoft have the worst customer support of all time?: This is a trillion dollar company, with worse customer support than your average McDonalds. Most of their products have a maximum support of reading BS articles online that have nothing to do with...
  5. Worst Support ever!

in XBoX Accessibility
    Worst Support ever!: My account was hacked a couple of weeks and it’s been nothing but me going out of my mind to contact support. They claim to give call backs and respond to emails but they don’t do either and all...
  6. Worst Experience? Xbox Support, or Getting a paper cut on your eyeball? (hint) its close

in XBoX Accessibility
    Worst Experience? Xbox Support, or Getting a paper cut on your eyeball? (hint) its close: I have been a Xbox player since conception. First consol. I have a high reputation and for the most part I only chat with friends in private chat. I've paid for gold for over 10 years. 2 days...
  7. Worst customer support experience ever

in XBoX on Consoles
    Worst customer support experience ever: So I purchased a series x last year (end of febuary) and had heard of the suggestion to keep it away from walls and anything that can block its vents as it could cause them to overheat. Planned...
  8. Worst customer support I've ever experienced

in XBoX on Windows
    Worst customer support I've ever experienced: I have contacted and been called back by customer support for a issue regarding a refund on a faulty XBOX controller today. Talked to 3 different support people. Every time I've given them the...
  9. I have had the worst experience with Microsoft's Xbox support.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have had the worst experience with Microsoft's Xbox support.: I had started a service claim in response to an Xbox series X that continued to crash after reaching out here for possible solutions. The series x was returned to a repair center of Microsoft...
  10. Microsoft has hands down the worst support i've ever encountered.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft has hands down the worst support i've ever encountered.: Two months ago, someone hacked my account and made two purchases for gift-cards totaling 35$. I changed my account login details within the minute. The only thing left was to get a refund.... I...