worst customer support ever!!!!!!

Discus and support worst customer support ever!!!!!! in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; had my account hacked 2 and a half years ago just after u renewed my xbl subscription customer support told me there was nothing they could do about it... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by xXfirsttoactXx, Nov 9, 2014.

1. worst customer support ever!!!!!!

had my account hacked 2 and a half years ago just after u renewed my xbl subscription customer support told me there was nothing they could do about it so i chalked it up to a loss i just now got my account back and customer support again told me that there
    was nothing they could do about the 60 dollars i spent or the subscription that someone else used. horrible customer support

:)

xXfirsttoactXx, Nov 9, 2014
  2. Worst customer support ever?

I understand that & it is precisely what I am trying to do now, having finally obtained a number that can be dialed from outside the US. I also understand the need for an investigation if I intend to be reimbursed - after all, I could be faking the whole
    thing. I would even understand if I am not reimbursed, as I have no grounds to blame XBL for the intrusion (although they could surely have helped mitigate it). My point here is that the whole support procedure for such urgent incidents is ineffective and
    absurd. Right now the same person or persons who stole from me could be hacking into other accounts simply because XBL does not assign any urgency to account theft reports, even when they are easily verifiable and coming from a legitimate user. I am not criticizing
    the insurance company; I am criticizing the firemen who won't even consider stepping in and helping put out the fire until you have identified yourself beyond any doubt - and during normal business hours, if you please - as owner of the house.

RemainingNote53, Nov 9, 2014
  3. Worst Customer Support, Ever?

While the information given by the Agent. I still agree that there is some room for improvement in the quality of the support you receive. As for similar recent experiences I had the same type of Agent dealing with my case. I wanted to update my contact
    e-mail associated with my Xbox Account. After half an hour of telling me I have to go to account.live.com aliases to do so, I spent half an hour telling her I don't, and that I believe it's something to do with Xbox.com and that I tried it and it didn't work.
    So I went with her theory even though I knew it was wrong and just wasting time on a chat session I didn't really need to be in. She then asked if I set my new Alias I changed from my account section (the one i wanted to make on my Xbox Contact E-mail) had
    been verified yet. So I said you don't even need to ask that question. She said I do, it's procedure. I said well you cannot have much knowledge on Microsoft Accounts then. She assured me she did. So I said why would I need to verify an account I've already
    verified? You see earlier on I mentioned I set it as the primary with no problems.

And in order for a 'own domain e-mail address' not a 'outlook.com' address to be set to the primary it would have to be verified in order just to do that. In the end I wasted about an hour and a half and she wanted me to be transfered to someone else. I
    said forget it, and left. I then alternatively trying to update my contact e-mail address through the console rather than xbox.com. It showed it was set, testing it out on support.xbox.com/contact-us to make sure my submission shows as the new one I set, and
    it did. So I was right all along, it just didn't work on Xbox.com. And the whole time of her repeating herself thinking she knew best, she actually didn't. I see where you're coming from in regards to your experience with an Xbox Support Agent. I guess it's
    just the luck of the draw. It's like phone support with my ISP but not as much hassle. You cannot phone in tech support happy, and leave happy. I always get stressed i see where you're coming from though!

Regards,

Daniel

DanielGabriel2, Nov 9, 2014
  4. Dirty Loco
    Dirty Loco Guest

It took you 2 and a half years to get in contact with them?

Dirty Loco, Nov 9, 2014
  5. and how did you get your account back? Wouldn't it still be compromised?

Also there may have been something they could do at the time if you open an authorised access investigation on your account, but yeah, WAY too late for that now.

Do what you did two years ago and chalk that $60 up to a loss.

DigitalAssassin, Nov 9, 2014
  6. you might also want to change your gamertag, since it's obviously not true.

BootstrapGolem, Nov 9, 2014
  7. First off I contacted customer support the moment I couldn't access my account they said the could not help not ever upset that the money or subscription wasn't replaced I'm upset that it took me 2 and a half year for them to finally do something that allowed
    me to get my account back

xXfirsttoactXx, Nov 1, 2018
  8. RemainingNote53 Win User

Worst customer support ever?

I understand that & it is precisely what I am trying to do now, having finally obtained a number that can be dialed from outside the US. I also understand the need for an investigation if I intend to be reimbursed - after all, I could be faking the whole
    thing. I would even understand if I am not reimbursed, as I have no grounds to blame XBL for the intrusion (although they could surely have helped mitigate it). My point here is that the whole support procedure for such urgent incidents is ineffective and
    absurd. Right now the same person or persons who stole from me could be hacking into other accounts simply because XBL does not assign any urgency to account theft reports, even when they are easily verifiable and coming from a legitimate user. I am not criticizing
    the insurance company; I am criticizing the firemen who won't even consider stepping in and helping put out the fire until you have identified yourself beyond any doubt - and during normal business hours, if you please - as owner of the house.
  9. VibroPlex Win User

worst customer support ever

Call earlier when fewer people are calling for help, or use online chat (click on link below).
  10. taidara Win User

worst customer support ever

Greetings SnaggyMoon!

That we can't help you with. But what we can try help you with is if you can detailing out your situation for us, including any error code you are getting and any troubleshooting steps you have tried so far. This will allow us to provide you with the very
    best support possible. Thank you!
  11. DanielGabriel2 Win User

Worst Customer Support, Ever?

While the information given by the Agent. I still agree that there is some room for improvement in the quality of the support you receive. As for similar recent experiences I had the same type of Agent dealing with my case. I wanted to update my contact
    e-mail associated with my Xbox Account. After half an hour of telling me I have to go to account.live.com aliases to do so, I spent half an hour telling her I don't, and that I believe it's something to do with Xbox.com and that I tried it and it didn't work.
    So I went with her theory even though I knew it was wrong and just wasting time on a chat session I didn't really need to be in. She then asked if I set my new Alias I changed from my account section (the one i wanted to make on my Xbox Contact E-mail) had
    been verified yet. So I said you don't even need to ask that question. She said I do, it's procedure. I said well you cannot have much knowledge on Microsoft Accounts then. She assured me she did. So I said why would I need to verify an account I've already
    verified? You see earlier on I mentioned I set it as the primary with no problems.

And in order for a 'own domain e-mail address' not a 'outlook.com' address to be set to the primary it would have to be verified in order just to do that. In the end I wasted about an hour and a half and she wanted me to be transfered to someone else. I
    said forget it, and left. I then alternatively trying to update my contact e-mail address through the console rather than xbox.com. It showed it was set, testing it out on support.xbox.com/contact-us to make sure my submission shows as the new one I set, and
    it did. So I was right all along, it just didn't work on Xbox.com. And the whole time of her repeating herself thinking she knew best, she actually didn't. I see where you're coming from in regards to your experience with an Xbox Support Agent. I guess it's
    just the luck of the draw. It's like phone support with my ISP but not as much hassle. You cannot phone in tech support happy, and leave happy. I always get stressed i see where you're coming from though!

Regards,

Daniel
  12. ALPHA WOLF GA Win User

Worst Customer Support, Ever?

Dude, check out my conversation I had with a support tech:

info: at 11:07:18

Please wait for an agent to respond.

The current average wait time is 1 minutes.

Thank you for your patience.

info: at 11:09:18

All agents are currently assisting others. The current average wait time is 0 minutes. Thank you for your patience.

info: at 11:09:49

Privacy Statement

You are now chatting with 'KM'.

halo: at 11:09:59

Greetings my reference number is [Mod Removed]

KM: at 11:10:02

Hello, thank you for contacting Xbox Customer Support. My name is KM. How can I help you today?

halo: at 11:10:10

im trying to fix this ongoing problem

KM: at 11:10:15

Thanks Halo. Let me check that for you.

KM: at 11:11:33

Halo which one is your account the one from New Zeland or Austrialia?

halo: at 11:12:07

New Zealand

halo: at 11:12:44

the phone operator in new Zealand said that the reference number wouldn't work

halo: at 11:13:01

and when I told them if I could email the transcript to them they said they don't accept email

KM: at 11:13:58

Okay I have found the case.

KM: at 11:14:11

I see that you are having problems with account migration?

KM: at 11:14:17

Is that correct?

halo: at 11:14:21

yes

KM: at 11:14:59

Upon understanding, You came from New Zeland then you when to Austrialia?

KM: at 11:15:08

Or is it the other way around?

halo: at 11:15:19

?

halo: at 11:15:26

my brother wants to download stuff

halo: at 11:15:31

his in new zealand

KM: at 11:15:39

I see.

KM: at 11:15:44

Let me check more.

halo: at 11:22:16

are you there?

KM: at 11:23:03

I am still here sorry i am checking thouroughly on your account.

KM: at 11:23:14

Don't worry i won't disconnect the chat.

KM: at 11:23:30

I am checking the update if they hav already fixed your issue.

KM: at 11:23:35

have*

halo: at 11:23:37

ok

KM: at 11:26:11

I just want to verify Halo. Who purchased the content? you or your brother?

halo: at 11:26:27

my brother

KM: at 11:29:24

Okay understood. Just to check for the error message that your brother is getting when trying to download his games?

halo: at 11:29:51

he gets corrupt file error

halo: at 11:30:17

but we were told through a phone operator that that is because the region is Australian and not new zealand

KM: at 11:32:21

That's fine as long as you will be able to see those games to his download history. May we please try to delete the corrupted files? corrupted files actually has an effect whenever we are trying to download.

halo: at 11:33:15

we tried that

halo: at 11:33:20

and we cleared cache

halo: at 11:33:26

it still says corrupted

KM: at 11:34:30

Okay can you please navigate the console to SETTINGS>> SYSTEM> STORAGE>> Harddrive or Memory Unit> Games and Apps then let me know if you will see a corrupted files by having an exclamation mark icon.

KM: at 11:34:51

If there's corrupted files, then please delete it and try to re-download the game.

halo: at 11:36:21

we have tried that 7 times already

halo: at 11:36:26

for fuse and for need for speed

halo: at 11:36:33

everything else downloads correctly

KM: at 11:39:53

Can we try this?

KM: at 11:39:55

We want to do a full powercycle of the console. Let’s turn off the console, disconnect all controllers and cables including the power supply from the power outlet and console. We’ll wait for 1 minute and reconnect everything back again.

KM: at 11:40:11

But instead of one minute. Try two minutes.

halo: at 11:41:41

we have tried that too but we can do that right now again

halo: at 11:41:51

ill let you know when we have finished

KM: at 11:44:31

Alright. If we already done all the troubleshooting steps, Possibly the game serve has the proble.

halo: at 11:44:32

we are done

KM: at 11:44:35

problem.

KM: at 11:44:45

I have tried all my resources.

KM: at 11:44:56

Have you tried to contact the game developer?

halo: at 11:45:00

ok, but I haven spoken to other tech support operators, they told me the region

halo: at 11:45:05

game developer?

halo: at 11:45:14

why game developer?

KM: at 11:45:19

I think it's notthe region.

halo: at 11:45:26

I worked when I downloaded it here in australia

halo: at 11:45:32

it doesn't work for him in new zealand

halo: at 11:45:42

its the region

KM: at 11:45:47

Because there might be a possible problem with the game server that's why you cannot download it properly.

KM: at 11:48:10

Honestly the region doesn't affect the game, because this game is available to all regions like New Zealand.

halo: at 11:49:03

ok but corrupt downloads twice? for fuse and need for speed

halo: at 11:49:07

what can we do about it?

halo: at 11:49:12

refunds?

KM: at 11:50:06

Because if the issue here is region, then you cannot purchase and download it from the first place. As you can see these games were published by EA (Electronic Arts). Also may I know if you are having the same issues on the another games, which is not, right?

KM: at 11:50:56

We have 2 options here by contacting the EA's support for them to explain to you what's wrong with the games or processing a refund as well.

halo: at 11:51:27

ea makes garden ops and that works fine

halo: at 11:51:41

the problem is the xbox live market place sending corrupt data packets

halo: at 11:51:51

I don't think it has a thing to do with the game developers

halo: at 11:51:58

its your service that's bugged

halo: at 11:52:38

I have need for speed on my brothers console here in australia

halo: at 11:52:44

there was not a issue there

halo: at 11:52:53

need for speed worked fine

KM: at 11:52:58

I understand you. However the games that you are trying to purchase is from EA as well. Are you also having problems with other games?

halo: at 11:53:29

i am only have problems with downloading the games in my home country new zealand

KM: at 11:54:13

Like I have said it's the game server.

KM: at 11:54:24

I was just trying to help you Halo.

KM: at 11:54:45

You have done all the troubleshooting steps that we have for your issue.

KM: at 11:55:11

Like I've said, It's the game server.

halo: at 11:55:48

your trying to help me yes, did i say you didn't?

halo: at 11:56:01

i purchased something i cant use

KM: at 11:56:07

It's doesn't mean that everything is okay if other games from EA is working. I am referring to the Game server.

halo: at 11:56:11

i just want a refund if theres a problem with the game servers

KM: at 11:56:24

I know it's frustrating. I'm just explaining myself.

KM: at 11:56:32

I really want you to have the download.

KM: at 11:56:45

If not I won't be here on the chat session.

KM: at 11:56:56

Okay I can process a refund.

KM: at 11:57:01

Give me a few minutes.

KM: at 11:57:24

Everything that I have said here is true. Every chat is recorded.

KM: at 11:57:30

One moment please.

halo: at 12:01:16

I understand, I'm not attacking you its just everytime I speak with operators they give me different information on the problem. This problem has taken 3 days so far to resolve

KM: at 12:02:04

I know that but I assure I'm telling you the right thing.

KM: at 12:03:00

First of all we are not allowed to give false information.

KM: at 12:03:13

I might loose my job.

KM: at 12:03:58

By the way I have refunded Fuse. You can check that on commerce.microsoft.com

halo: at 12:04:31

what am i suppost to do with need for speed? the download doesn't work remember

KM: at 12:05:43

I thought there was no problem with need for speed?

KM: at 12:05:51

You just told me earlier.

KM: at 12:05:58

I have red it again.

KM: at 12:06:01

"09:53:28] halo: I have need for speed on my brothers console here in australia

[09:53:35] halo: there was not a issue there

[09:53:43] halo: need for speed worked fine"

halo: at 12:06:08

it doesn't download on the console in NEW ZEALAND

KM: at 12:06:14

ANyway let me see what i cna do.

KM: at 12:06:19

Anyway*

KM: at 12:06:34

Please don't shout at me. I'm just helping out my friend.

halo: at 12:07:17

I had to point it out because its taken you at least 1 hour so far to fix a simple problem

halo: at 12:08:07

ill be posting this conversation in forums as well so others can see the problems I go through with admins from xbox just to fix one problem

halo: at 12:08:21

and to your managers

KM: at 12:08:39

Okay here's what I found out on your account. I am seeing it here that there's a lot of refund processed on your account. And our system, is preventing to process another refund on your account.

halo: at 12:08:50

because this is ridiculous, I mean seriously

KM: at 12:09:13

Yes sure go ahead. Please post it to any forums as I believe that we are just doing our job to support you.

halo: at 12:09:43

Well I don't, explain to me please how your system is preventing another refund on this account?

KM: at 12:10:36

If you are having an issue on the games you purchased then I believe that the issue here is the console itself.

halo: at 12:11:11

wrong, my cousin bought his console it worked fine

halo: at 12:11:35

*it didnt

KM: at 12:11:44

There's a lot of refunds on the account, and you are still asking for a refund which on the first place these games were published by EA.

KM: at 12:12:12

I understand that, but there's a lot of refunds on the account and there's no option for us to process another refund.

KM: at 12:12:18

Is there anything else I can assist you with?

halo: at 12:12:30

yeah my refund for need for speed

KM: at 12:12:58

I am afraid that we cannot process that since there's a lot of refunds on the account.

halo: at 12:13:49

no now your just being ridiculous, the person i chatted to earlier told me i would be getting two refunds

halo: at 12:14:17

I want a refund because the download doesn't work. I didn't pay $50 for something I cant have

halo: at 12:14:30

What kind of service is that?

KM: at 12:14:59

Yes that's correct if there's no refunds processed yet on the account however on this case, there's a lot of refunds on the account. We are going in circles and circles here Halo. Is there anything else I can assist you with aside for the another refund
    you are asking for?

KM: at 12:16:06

If not, then I am going to close this chat to support another customers in queue.

halo: at 12:16:09

yes is there a manager or head office email I can complain too in regards to your performance?

halo: at 12:16:35

yeah, i had to wait at least four minutes for each one of your replies, and now you think you can close it whenever you feel like

halo: at 12:17:26

so you cant process the refunds now? then when can you?

halo: at 12:18:24

which day and date can I get my refund for my need for speed that doesn't work??

KM: at 12:19:20

I am afraid that we cannot process it the refund as I mentioned earlier because there's a lot of refunds processed on the account. If you are having an issue on this particular games which is published by another game publisher then it's much better to contact
    them.

halo: at 12:20:01

"theres a lot of refunds" when does this clear up! when can you process the refund for the game download that wont download

halo: at 12:22:02

just like you gave me a refund for fuse, i wanted to same for need for speed because like i keep repeating myself need for speed download doesn't work. So when will my account be ready for you to process another refund, because the game download from xbox
    live marketplace doesn't work

KM: at 12:23:26

I apologize to tell it once again but the refund is not an option on this Halo. You mentioned earlier that you can play other games, right? For the last time. Is there anything else I can help you with aside from this concern?

halo: at 12:23:30

Which date and time will my account be ready for you to process another refund for the game download that doesn't download lol?

halo: at 12:23:50

you haven't answered my question, you keep repeating yourself

KM: at 12:24:05

If that's everything, then thank you for contacting us today. Have a nice day!

halo: at 12:24:07

your trying to end the conversation prematurely, I'm very dissapointed

info: at 12:24:06

Chat session has been ended by the agent.

info: at 12:24:08

You are not currently in a chat session.
Thema:

1. worst customer support ever!!!!!! - Similar Threads - worst customer support

2. Who is the worst game brand and why is it Xbox?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Who is the worst game brand and why is it Xbox?: I got a 2 day suspension for a picture of a fully clothed butt of my friend that you can barely tell that’s what it is in the picture apparently that’s worth a 2 day suspension not a warning or...
  3. New dashboard is by far the worst ever

in XboX Insiders
    New dashboard is by far the worst ever: By far the worst dashboard ever. Way to much completely unnecessary things. Stop making the dashboard clutterd with stuff players dont need at all. A good dashboard is clean and not clutterd with...
  4. Worst Download speeds after applying the update.(2308.230706-2200)

in XboX Insiders
    Worst Download speeds after applying the update.(2308.230706-2200): Have you guys noticed Download speeds have worsen after this update? I got to network settings and then test network speeds and it says I have 1gbps and 400 upload but that doesn't reflect in the...
  5. Either I'm the unluckiest Xbox customer there is, or Microsoft have the worst controller QA.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Either I'm the unluckiest Xbox customer there is, or Microsoft have the worst controller QA.: I'm a little bit of a controller collector, so I've already bought a few this gen, but after my Starfield controller arrived today I'm honestly at my breaking point with this company. Since...
  6. Having the WORST Xbox/ Microsoft experience

in XBoX on Consoles
    Having the WORST Xbox/ Microsoft experience: I paid $300.00 to have my Series X of two years serviced at a Best-Buy that provides Microsoft support, the drive is 45 minutes each way. I picked up the replacement console over the weekend and...
  7. Worst Ban Ever

in XBoX Accessibility
    Worst Ban Ever: Okay so let me preface this by saying yes I did send a message to be a jerk but it should not have ended in a comms ban. So I was playing a game of rocket league and we were losing 5 to 2. One...
  8. Xbox is the worst console by far

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox is the worst console by far: I genuinely can’t stand this ****, achieve more earn more never gives you your points, I’ve been grinding your horrible gamepass ea games to try and get points. I’ve gotten like 4 or 5...
  9. CHANGING PS5 FOR SERIES X... IS THE WORST DECISION ON CALL OF DUTY

in XBoX Games and Apps
    CHANGING PS5 FOR SERIES X... IS THE WORST DECISION ON CALL OF DUTY: I've had a playstation all my life and an xbox 360. I bought the PS5, and I sold it to give this console a chance. It has been my worst decision!! because? I explain it. I'm tired of...
  10. Forcing system updates is the absolute worst

in XboX Insiders
    Forcing system updates is the absolute worst: On at least 3 separate occasions now, i’ve been forced to update the console with a tiny 500mb or less update while in the middle of a multiplayer match, just to get absolutely nothing from it. i...