Worst customer experience I've ever had

Discus and support Worst customer experience I've ever had in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So I purchased a series x last year (end of febuary) and had heard of the suggestion to keep it away from walls and anything that can block its vents... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by TeXmExDeX, Apr 18, 2022.

1. TeXmExDeX
    TeXmExDeX Guest

So I purchased a series x last year (end of febuary) and had heard of the suggestion to keep it away from walls and anything that can block its vents as it could cause them to overheat. Planned ahead and bought a extra desk, and a large Dyson fan to dedicate to said effort. Long story short at about 8 months the xbox started shutting its self off, mainly only on vanguard, but had on one other game in the past right after I first purchased the console (maneater?) So I was just thinking it was a software issue due to some new update. Especially since it seemed to always be before I could even get 5 min into an online match. Waiting a bit for a new update, but instead, to my surprise it. Out of no where, started turning itself off during elden ring, and is so frequent that it is unusable. I called customer support right away once I realized this was a hardware issue which baffled me, knowing that I did everything anyone practically could have done to avoid overheating issues. To my surprise, had the least helpful, and extremely unpredictable reply that my xbox warranty had expired a week prior and that it was no longer covered under warrenty, but that if i paid 300$ (more then 60% of sticker value) that they would fix it. I still have my original xbox 1st gen ive had since i was 12, 20 years ago, and it still works perfectly and never had to send in any xbox ive ever owned and still have every console with far much more hours on them. Seems like xbox would have enough integrity to admit that these issues with their most expensive console to date is faulty, and not their diehard fan bases fault as if there fans are messing up these xboxs in a clumsy, uneducated manor, rather then it being poorly designed. Is the series x shutting its self off based on software that Microsoft programmed to shut off to keep it from burning up?? And in which case, could I disable said software trigger? Ontop of that, I had escalated the conversation in a polite manor as it is not the cs reps fault as if she specifically designed my faulty console, and the supervisor was eating popcorn and didn't want to offer anything more then repeating they can't do anything due to it being a WEEK out of warranty. Had I of known I would have called the first time, doesn't xbox collect crash reports? Wouldn't they have seen my xbox was crashing due to their software trigger over temperature. The thermal pads in these that come from factory are not always full coverage from what ive seen in others vids and could be the reason? Is there anything I can do from here? I cannot afford 600$ every year, I could afford a gaming comp. Is this similar to the zune fiasco? I am just baffled at the utter lack of support, especially if they want fans to be able to keep purchasing games and staying on game pass ultimate (I have had for years. But I cannot even get on at the moment) terribly disappointing and sad. Feel like one of my heros stole my wallet while I thought they were taking the time out to help me or sign my hat. Does anyone have guidance on what steps to take from here?

:)

TeXmExDeX, Apr 18, 2022
  2. Brad✔️ Win User

Assassin's Creed Odyssey stopping at 84.2%

Worst experience I've had with ubisoft and Microsoft ever.
  3. voteDC Win User

Put Star Wars Battlefront on XBLA

The Battlefront games had the worst AI I've ever had the misfortune to experience.
  4. Toxic Raven Win User

Worst Customer Service Experience Ever

PS. Xbox live is the WORST service of the 3. Don't kid yourself .

I have all three consoles. I've played all three online and used the bulk of the services that each offer. I've been a gamer since 1977 so I've been through every console generation. I've seen the industry grow by leaps and bounds with every "next gen". I was
    an original GAP member with the Playstation and a frequent contributor on the old NSider Nintendo boards. Xbox Live was the first service to get it right and it kept getting better with each iteration. Nothing is perfect but after using the services of all
    three I am more than happy with Xbox Live and will continue being a member.
  5. A ohmo sapien Win User

Like any company or corporation there is always a chain of command so to say, If you feel that your needs are not being met at that lvl you can always go to the next lvl above that one. Sometimes you might run into a situation were you are not being transfered
    to the supervisor or the individual you are speaking with or are being told that that is not possible, Do not frett just keep well documented copies of your conversations, be sure to include names, dates, and as much detail as to what was said. Sometimes you
    may have to skip a few steps and go over some heads to get somewhere with your issue. But I believe that Microsoft takes pride in there service, and care about the experiences of all their customers. So if it takes going strait to the top so be it you may
    not see imediate results but your issue will be taken care of in time and i would almost bet that you would be compensated for your troubles and your time spent trying to resolve your issue.

Microsoft Corporate Office & Headquarters

One Microsoft Way Redmond WA 98052

Microsoft corporate phone number:

(425) 882-8080

This may help in your efforts to resolve your issue try contacting the number i linked above and keep track of who you speak with and the dates and times, I am sure someone at the corporate level can assist you or at least get you to someone who can

I wish you best of luck with this issue and I hope you may resolve it in a timely manor.
  6. Azreal Inc Win User

I feel for the OP. I went through a few similar experiences with Xbox's Customer Support. I also attempted to swear off Xbox forever, but I am a weak man. I am even replacing my older model with a Slim, that's how weak my will was to stay away from the siren
    like call of Xbox. (My wife laughs at me for this, throwing my quotes of rage and anger back in my face. "Oh, I'm done with Xbox he says. I'll take a blowtorch to it and be done with he says." Then she snickers as I sit a broken man, booting up my Xbox for
    cold comfort.)

I can understand wanting to take back some control as a consumer and wish the OP the best.

Now, I must return to the Xbox and the hypnotic lands of Pandora.
Thema:

1. Worst customer experience I've ever had - Similar Threads - Worst customer experience

2. Worst update I’ve ever experienced.

in XboX Insiders
    Worst update I’ve ever experienced.: So many issues and no matter how much you report them they never get fixed. Just a huge focus on useless cloud gaming features that core features like party chat are left broken for months. It’s...
  3. Who is the worst game brand and why is it Xbox?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Who is the worst game brand and why is it Xbox?: I got a 2 day suspension for a picture of a fully clothed butt of my friend that you can barely tell that’s what it is in the picture apparently that’s worth a 2 day suspension not a warning or...
  4. New dashboard is by far the worst ever

in XboX Insiders
    New dashboard is by far the worst ever: By far the worst dashboard ever. Way to much completely unnecessary things. Stop making the dashboard clutterd with stuff players dont need at all. A good dashboard is clean and not clutterd with...
  5. Worst Download speeds after applying the update.(2308.230706-2200)

in XboX Insiders
    Worst Download speeds after applying the update.(2308.230706-2200): Have you guys noticed Download speeds have worsen after this update? I got to network settings and then test network speeds and it says I have 1gbps and 400 upload but that doesn't reflect in the...
  6. Either I'm the unluckiest Xbox customer there is, or Microsoft have the worst controller QA.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Either I'm the unluckiest Xbox customer there is, or Microsoft have the worst controller QA.: I'm a little bit of a controller collector, so I've already bought a few this gen, but after my Starfield controller arrived today I'm honestly at my breaking point with this company. Since...
  7. Having the WORST Xbox/ Microsoft experience

in XBoX on Consoles
    Having the WORST Xbox/ Microsoft experience: I paid $300.00 to have my Series X of two years serviced at a Best-Buy that provides Microsoft support, the drive is 45 minutes each way. I picked up the replacement console over the weekend and...
  8. Worst Ban Ever

in XBoX Accessibility
    Worst Ban Ever: Okay so let me preface this by saying yes I did send a message to be a jerk but it should not have ended in a comms ban. So I was playing a game of rocket league and we were losing 5 to 2. One...
  9. Xbox is the worst console by far

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox is the worst console by far: I genuinely can’t stand this ****, achieve more earn more never gives you your points, I’ve been grinding your horrible gamepass ea games to try and get points. I’ve gotten like 4 or 5...
  10. CHANGING PS5 FOR SERIES X... IS THE WORST DECISION ON CALL OF DUTY

in XBoX Games and Apps
    CHANGING PS5 FOR SERIES X... IS THE WORST DECISION ON CALL OF DUTY: I've had a playstation all my life and an xbox 360. I bought the PS5, and I sold it to give this console a chance. It has been my worst decision!! because? I explain it. I'm tired of...