Won’t update or download game I pre-ordered! What’s the next step?

Discus and support Won’t update or download game I pre-ordered! What’s the next step? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Pre-ordered Diablo 4. Game will not update or download. 39fcdff9-a5ba-45fb-ab4e-b3c50b3eda30 Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Patrick Corrigan1, Jun 6, 2023.

1. Won’t update or download game I pre-ordered! What’s the next step?

Pre-ordered Diablo 4. Game will not update or download.

:)

Patrick Corrigan1, Jun 6, 2023
  2. Francia J. Win User

I have here steps that we can try, please perform a power cycle on your console by following the steps below:

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

"1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​"

If that didn't work resetting the console keeping games and apps will be the next option. Don't worry because as long as you're connected to Xbox Live your saved progress, games, will not be deleted. It will remove all of your accounts but you can add all of them later on.

"Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

Select Reset console.

Reset and keep my games & apps."
  3. Patrick Corrigan1 Win User

Well Diablo Slam was last install but that don’t update or anything.

So I go to game store under own on standard edition and chose own. It tells me nothing to download at this time. I checked under game and add on and nothing.
  4. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you with your concern.

If I may ask, what is the exact error or issue that you're getting whenever you're tying to download or update Diablo IV so I can check that for you?
  5. Patrick Corrigan1 Win User

Says check back in a little bit.

We’re having trouble getting your stuff right now
  6. Onyx Is Here Win User

Problem starting Microsoft Games

Sorry to hear it. Please try the steps listed below.

• Known Issue: Some users having the game crash when launching on Windows 10.
    • Workaround: This may be because they game was pre-downloaded early on in the pre-order time frame and the PC was not set up for auto-updates. To resolve this, you will simply need to make sure your game is updated by going to the Store app
      and clicking on the "...". Next click on "Downloads and updates" and then click "Get updates". Update The Outer Worlds if there is an update showing.
Thema:

1. Won’t update or download game I pre-ordered! What’s the next step? - Similar Threads - Won’t update download

2. Can’t update my Xbox. It can’t read the update from the disc and now won’t play any game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t update my Xbox. It can’t read the update from the disc and now won’t play any game: We put a newer game in consol and needed to update but can’t read the update form the disc and now won’t let any game play bca5ba6e-b674-4ed2-ba99-cc56492662bb
  3. Error code 80070570 - Xbox update won’t work- tried resetting any ideas pls ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error code 80070570 - Xbox update won’t work- tried resetting any ideas pls ?: Error code 80070570 - Xbox update won’t work- tried resetting any ideas pls ? 72062e39-e46c-46c2-89bc-dd9555ba9044
  4. My Xbox series S won’t system update.

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox series S won’t system update.: It keeps saying there’s a problem, but I’ve reset it twice and I’m unable to do an offline reset. Please help? 99e3bf41-b1e5-4752-a78f-662da4740462
  5. Xbox won’t update - no error message

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox won’t update - no error message: I hadn’t played my Xbox in a few weeks and when I plugged it in it asked to update. I tried a few times but it would turn off during the update and not turn back on. When I turned it on manually...
  6. Xbox won’t detect 4K TV since this morning’s Alpha Skip-Ahead update

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox won’t detect 4K TV since this morning’s Alpha Skip-Ahead update: As title says. Picture is 640x480 with no seemingly way of changing it. When I go to change the display settings, the only option available to me is 640x480. Also audio settings seems to be...
  7. Why won’t it let me download the game on Xbox store when I haven’t updated the game but...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won’t it let me download the game on Xbox store when I haven’t updated the game but...: I’m having trouble with downloading a game on disc and I tried buying it in the Xbox store but cannot because it says “u own this already” 84debe74-dbae-4e50-a944-bb68cd205219
  8. Xbox Series X won’t update games, install games, or start downloads

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series X won’t update games, install games, or start downloads: I have cleared the cache, turned it off and on again, deleted local save files, checked the network connection, and reset the console while keeping games and apps. I setup my Xbox again from the...
  9. Microsoft Store Won’t Update or download

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Store Won’t Update or download: My Xbox 1 S won’t update or download the Microsoft store or Microsoft Host. I’ve tried resetting my Xbox without deleting the games. I’ve tried factory resetting and unplugging from the wall and...
  10. My Xbox update won’t work, downloaded the offline update onto a brand new usb and followed...

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox update won’t work, downloaded the offline update onto a brand new usb and followed...: My Xbox update won’t work, downloaded the offline update onto a brand new usb and followed the instructions but the offline update option does not become available with the usb plugged in...