Won’t let me change install Apps default drive

Discus and support Won’t let me change install Apps default drive in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Greetings, As subjected when I try to change the drive or default games to install it won’t let me! That happened after resetting my windows 11.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by sultan soul, Nov 16, 2022.

1. sultan soul
    sultan soul Guest

Greetings,

As subjected when I try to change the drive or default games to install it won’t let me! That happened after resetting my windows 11.

Problem fixed before by formatting the targeted drive as a result of a file that can’t be deleted by any means “windows apps”

I don’t attend to formate my targeted drive again is there anyway around it?!

Please help! Thanks!

Won’t let me change install Apps default drive [​IMG]

Won’t let me change install Apps default drive [​IMG]

:)

sultan soul, Nov 16, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi Sultan, I’m glad to know that creating a new folder fixed the problem for you!
    Thanks for letting me know that

Don't hesitate to reach the community forums if you need help in the future
    For now take care and have a good day
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Thank you, please double check and try this:

Open Settings, click Update and Security and then Windows Update

Click Check for Updates

Click the Download and Install Now option, if available (Install optional updates as well)

Also, check the Microsoft Store for any updates on the Xbox apps and its services and update everything too. (Click on get updates)

Now, sign out from your account on both Xbox app and Microsoft Store and do this:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for gaming services app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then reset

Then do the same for the Xbox app:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for Xbox app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then reset

Finally do this:

Step 1: Open the Run window by pressing Windows + R key.

Step 2: Input WSReset.exe in the Run window and click OK.

Step 3: Then a command prompt window will appear. After a few seconds, Windows Store will open.

Sign in again on both Microsoft store and Xbox app with your account and try again

--------------

If that doesn't work do this instead:

Reinstall Gaming Services using powershell command

Press Windows key + X and then select Windows PowerShell (Admin).

Type or copy / past the following command and press Enter:

Get-AppxPackage *gamingservices* -allusers | remove-appxpackage -allusers

Restart the PC and Open the Xbox application.

A blue notification with the following message is going to appear at the bottom:

"This app needs an extra component. Gaming Services is needed for playing some games. Administrator approval required. Install"

Select Install to reinstall Gaming Services, once installed check again
  4. sultan soul Win User

Hey there,

Thanks for your reply!

Yes I did formate using windows reset thingy. And yes it is ntfs it won’t even work on D/ drive it is ntfs as well.

As mentioned it worked before when I right clicked on my e/ drive and hit formate that the only way I could remove the old folder and only then the app accepted it afterwards I had to reset windows again the same problem happened and I don’t wanna reformate the drive.

I hope this was clear.
  5. sultan soul Win User

Problem solved! I just created a new folder choose it and it worked.
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Sultan

Did you formatted the drive after or before resetting Windows 11?
    Also, please tell me how did you reset the system? Via windows settings?
    And just to confirm, this E: drive is already formatted as NTFS?

Double check this using file explorer > my computer > right click on the drive > properties > next to file system

And also double check this:
    Go to windows settings > system > storage > advance storage options > where new content is saved
    Under apps select this drive

Restart the PC and give it a new try
Thema:

1. Won’t let me change install Apps default drive - Similar Threads - Won’t let change

2. You banned me WRONGFULLY. And you won’t let me appeal even though I’ve done nothing wrong....

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    You banned me WRONGFULLY. And you won’t let me appeal even though I’ve done nothing wrong....: I have proof in screenshots. But you refuse to be contacted. Unban me and make this up to me now please. 33b8b51c-a2ad-45da-84ce-3ec8b8555ed7
  3. Why won’t my Xbox app let me join or create a party anymore?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why won’t my Xbox app let me join or create a party anymore?: So I’ve only recently been having issues with the Xbox app where I cannot join or create a party every time I try it just removes me almost instantly even if it’s my own. Never had this problem...
  4. No Wi-Fi card in my Xbox one and it won’t let me play games

in XBoX on Consoles
    No Wi-Fi card in my Xbox one and it won’t let me play games: No Wi-Fi card in my Xbox one and it won’t let me play games? 830ef407-c249-4904-a5e5-2250c3d4d505
  5. Why won’t my Xbox let me add an account?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my Xbox let me add an account?: I recently had to factory reset my Xbox. After doing so I had to start from scratch and add an account to play on. Whenever I select the “add new” account option it sits on this grey loading...
  6. The Xbox app won’t let me change my account it only signs me on immediately

in XBoX Accessibility
    The Xbox app won’t let me change my account it only signs me on immediately: Every time I sign into the app on my windows PC it signs me into an account I don’t have an Xbox for. I wanted to switch my account but there’s no option. I’ve rest the entire app and deleted it...
  7. Account won’t let me change password

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account won’t let me change password: Hi there, Today when I tried logging into my Xbox account, it had me enter my Microsoft password, verify, and change the password. When I had to repeat the password it said services were...
  8. Xbox app won’t let me change accounts, keeps auto logging me into the account i was before.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox app won’t let me change accounts, keeps auto logging me into the account i was before.: So in the Xbox app PC, I am into my friend's account to try a game he had but now whenever I try to log back into mine I click sign out then when I sign in it just does a black screen for 2...
  9. Why won’t it let me change my gamer tag?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why won’t it let me change my gamer tag?: I’m trying to create a new gamer tag through Xbox 360 so I can have a 15 character limit and I tried “Cookie Muncher” because it no one is using it but it won’t work it says the gamertag is...
  10. So i made a xbox account and i choose my name and i haven’t changed it but it won’t let me...

in XBoX Accessibility
    So i made a xbox account and i choose my name and i haven’t changed it but it won’t let me...: So i made a xbox account and i choose my name and i haven’t changed it but it won’t let me change my gamertag please help me 418eb6b4-cdc6-4a0c-b77a-c5667bf879ce