Wont let me change gamertag to something even though no account pops up when i search it

Discus and support Wont let me change gamertag to something even though no account pops up when i search it in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I was trying to change my gamertag to something and it said it wasnt avalible even though when i searched it no account popped up. so im thinking it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by vColorless, Nov 12, 2017.

1. vColorless
    vColorless Guest

Wont let me change gamertag to something even though no account pops up when i search it

I was trying to change my gamertag to something and it said it wasnt avalible even though when i searched it no account popped up.

so im thinking it violates the terms but i dont see how it would when it has nothing offensive, no cuss words or anything like that.

:)

vColorless, Nov 12, 2017
  2. i S K U X i
    i S K U X i Guest
    Can’t change Gamertag to available name?

So my gamertag used to be “So Skuxx”, at the moment it’s “ImBroBro” but it’s only for an inside joke, and I’ve been wanting to change my name to “Skux” or “Skuxx”. Both gamertags say they’re unavailable when their entered, when I search up “Skuxx” I can
    see it’s taken by an inactive account, when I search up “Skux” no account pops up. I’ve tried talking to Customer Support but I was told that somebody had previously had the name, and that once a name has been taken by an account (even if it’s not the current
    name) it can’t be changed to that forever, which is a total lie considering I’ve even tried testing this theory. What I atleast want to know if I can’t have any help, is why I am not able to change it to “Skux”, it doesn’t break any of the guidelines or anything?

i S K U X i, Nov 12, 2017
  3. totecx1
    totecx1 Guest
    Ran into an issue with backwards compatible games. (Please Help.)

Your old gamertag is in the xbox 360 cache you have to go to settings and remove the linked account before you can add the new one. This happened to me 2 when i changed the lame tag microsoft assigned me. Even if you put the correct information and passcodes ot wont download your new gamertag until you remove the old linked account

totecx1, Nov 12, 2017
  4. ngocphi
    ngocphi Guest

if the system says it's takenit is taken

When you search for it and it doesn't show ul

Then it's the wrong combination

When searching you have to be exact with caps and space

But when trying to get q name it had to be unique

You are just going to have to be more creative

ngocphi, Nov 12, 2017
  5. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest
    Nothing you can do.If it says the tag is unavailable then it's unavailable.

If the tag doesn't sign in for 5 years then it's freed up.

Gamertags are used on other services,not just xbox live.It could of also been from a banned account so would not be available.

Daft Badger, Nov 12, 2017
  6. WPAK
    WPAK Guest
    Hi there,

keep in mind that Upper and Lower case characters and Spaces will not make a GT Unique, so if ABC123 already exists using ABC 123 or A b c 12 3 will not be available, this is likely the cause why you can't find the desired GT, but while it is in fact already
    in Use.

If Xbox Live will say it's not avaliable there is no other option then to pick a different GT I'm afraid.

WPAK, Nov 1, 2018
  7. ngocphi Win User

if the system says it's takenit is taken

When you search for it and it doesn't show ul

Then it's the wrong combination

When searching you have to be exact with caps and space

But when trying to get q name it had to be unique

You are just going to have to be more creative
  8. Daft Badger Win User

Nothing you can do.If it says the tag is unavailable then it's unavailable.

If the tag doesn't sign in for 5 years then it's freed up.

Gamertags are used on other services,not just xbox live.It could of also been from a banned account so would not be available.
  9. WPAK Win User

Hi there,

keep in mind that Upper and Lower case characters and Spaces will not make a GT Unique, so if ABC123 already exists using ABC 123 or A b c 12 3 will not be available, this is likely the cause why you can't find the desired GT, but while it is in fact already
    in Use.

If Xbox Live will say it's not avaliable there is no other option then to pick a different GT I'm afraid.
  10. Tarnend Win User

Gametag was changed for being against the rules.

When i was forced a gamertag change it then let me change it again for free to something that i chose to, are you sure it wont let you make a free gamertag change now its been a forced change?
  11. mairendevilla Win User

Xbox Gamertag not working

Everytime I try to change my gamertag- it wont alow me- it repeats “Sorry something went wrong- try your gamertag again” I have the money to buy a new gamertag but it still wont let me. Can someone help me
    firelight896
Thema:

1. Wont let me change gamertag to something even though no account pops up when i search it - Similar Threads - Wont let change

2. I've done all the steps and it still wont let me reply or make a group

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I've done all the steps and it still wont let me reply or make a group: it won't let me make or reply to groups even though I did all the things it told me to do 70db31d5-bf8a-4594-b5f6-e886e38f2021
  3. some reason the audio for my stream is muted and it wont let me fix it, its honestly quite...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    some reason the audio for my stream is muted and it wont let me fix it, its honestly quite...: I was putting up stream and usually ill re set it to get this to work but now it flat out wont work. Everytime i go like its muted and wont let me unmute the stream. I dont know what to do....
  4. Why wont my xbox let me change networks?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my xbox let me change networks?: My xbox series X doesn't want to connect to the internet. I've tried restarting both console and router, even tried to switch to wifi instead of a wired connection but when i try to set up a...
  5. Accounts wont let me sign in or change password. Please help!

in XBoX Accessibility
    Accounts wont let me sign in or change password. Please help!: I am trying to change the microsoft main alias on a different account so I can change it to this email because I dont use the other one and its just a hastle to remember the password and sign in....
  6. xbox app on pc keeps logging me into someone elses account and wont let me change users

in XBoX Accessibility
    xbox app on pc keeps logging me into someone elses account and wont let me change users: I'm setting up a new pc. Trying to download games to try on it. I log into my account on firefox with no issues. But when I launch the app on the pc it keeps logging me into a similar but...
  7. My xbox account thinks i am 8 years old and wont let me change the date of birth. Chat is...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My xbox account thinks i am 8 years old and wont let me change the date of birth. Chat is...: My account thinks i am 8 years old and wont let me change my dob. Please help...... 77d436cc-d644-4b52-b404-24d5e04ec9d1
  8. It wont let me change my Region

in XBoX Accessibility
    It wont let me change my Region: For some reason my region has changed to US when im in the UK ive never tampered with it and it wont let me put it back its taken payment for Xbox Live Ultimate but wont let me use it because of a...
  9. I need to force log everyone out of my account but even if i change my password it wont let me

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need to force log everyone out of my account but even if i change my password it wont let me: I need to force log everywhere out because ive been hacked 04206cba-2457-46de-b2f5-b79c0c489c30
  10. ive never changed my gamertag before, but it wont let me change it for free. Help?

in XBoX Accessibility
    ive never changed my gamertag before, but it wont let me change it for free. Help?: I've had this microsoft account for a couple of years now, and the same is with my gamertag. I don't like the one that was randomly generated for me, and whenever i've tried to change it, it keeps...