Wondering why I can't talk to people on my own realm

Discus and support Wondering why I can't talk to people on my own realm in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; I'm a bedrock player, my friends and I decided we wanted a realm so I payed for it. We soon discovered that we can't communicate in the regular chat,... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by KitKatCatFish, Apr 22, 2022.

1. Wondering why I can't talk to people on my own realm

I'm a bedrock player, my friends and I decided we wanted a realm so I payed for it. We soon discovered that we can't communicate in the regular chat, write on signs, in book & quills or edit item names in an anvil. So, in other words, literally everything text-based won't work. That said, we've edited our privacy settings, made sure the chat isn't on mute, scoured the realm settings for a reason and even tried editing our friendship settings, but unfortunately it was to no avail. I've heard rumours this is a thing that happens in Australian realms specifically, but I don’t understand why. It's really inconvenient for everyone, does anyone know of a way to help us?

:)

KitKatCatFish, Apr 22, 2022
  2. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Hi KITKATCATFISH! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

You can't communicate on this server or the same happens on all servers?

Have you confirmed with the game developer that is something regional based, as the realms are on their servers them will know more about that

https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/requests/ne...
  3. vibroluxor Win User

Muting a players mic

...And people wonder why no one is talking in this game.
  4. Yanyannnn Win User

Why can't I talk to people in game

Hello nick jones6,

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question (microsoft.com)

Thank you for understanding.

Regards,

5. Yanyannnn Win User

Why can't I talk to people in game

Hello nick jones6,

Thank you for your contribution to the Microsoft community.

We totally understand that you want to communicate your friends in game. Just a reminder, we are not able to double check the account or the devices that is connected to your account and dig in deeper. No worries, we do have some effective troubleshooting steps here that could fix the issue. There could be several reasons why you are unable to hear other players in Destiny 2.

Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try:

1. Check your audio settings in the game to ensure that voice chat is enabled and that your microphone and speakers are selected as the default devices.

2. Check your Xbox Live privacy settings to ensure that you have allowed communication with other players.

3. Check your network connection to ensure that you have a stable and fast internet connection.

4. Try restarting your console and the game to see if that resolves the issue.

Hope I helped! Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Microsoft Community Moderator
  6. CarstenE Win User

Can't talk with people

Hey zvzo,

Please check again on enforcement.xbox.com that the correct time has really passed. Compare the shown Timezone to yours to make sure it should be really over.

If thats the case try the following:

- Remove your Profile from the Console as explained here: https://support.xbox.com/my-account/manage-gamertag-and-profile/add-remove-account-xbox-one

- After that, press and hold the Xbox Button on the Console itself until it shuts off. Unplug the power brick from both sides for around 2 minutes. After that time replug and restart.

- Once the Console is booted up again, readd your profile to the Console as explained here: https://support.xbox.com/my-account/manage-gamertag-and-profile/add-remove-account-xbox-one

Let us know if that helped.

- lg 2Bad4You
Thema:

1. Wondering why I can't talk to people on my own realm - Similar Threads - Wondering why can't

2. Hello I was wondering why don't you have support for USB mics

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello I was wondering why don't you have support for USB mics: It would make it much easier if you did a system update on USB mics to make them compatible please make them compatible e38b28f6-e4e7-4cb9-b9d2-998b2cb7574d
  3. I'm just wondering why my 500GB Xbox can only use 200GB , I understand about reserved space...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm just wondering why my 500GB Xbox can only use 200GB , I understand about reserved space...: Is this just how the Xbox is made now, to force people to pay an extra 400$ to play some of their games? 101b60ff-0803-4dc5-bc92-8ad645d6c617
  4. Hello, I was wondering why I can talk but not hear through my headset but only on the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello, I was wondering why I can talk but not hear through my headset but only on the...: Razer head set does not work on elite series 2 controller, but does on others. Running on on xbox series x I have looked through settings and restarted it. f9dba6e1-ea9f-4d98-b44b-6c2038a7d3dc
  5. My microsoft account says that I have not bought Minecraft and I am wondering why I have to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My microsoft account says that I have not bought Minecraft and I am wondering why I have to...: My entire childhood was Minecraft and I wanted to play some more for nostalgia but logging in has shown that I apparently do not own it. Not sure what is going on but I am frustrated. I am 100%...
  6. Hello, I was wondering why I received a strike while I was playing my game

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hello, I was wondering why I received a strike while I was playing my game: Hello, I was playing Fortnite and I received a suspension and I do not understand why I’ve been trying to figure it out and I just wanted to submit an appeal 7622864d-080d-496c-9347-ba44a8c76581
  7. i changed my gamertag and it got changed back,i'm wondering why it got changed

in XBoX Accessibility
    i changed my gamertag and it got changed back,i'm wondering why it got changed: it was a free name change too so im really confused whats the problem 8dd660c0-8970-4193-bbc4-6e09e6c58455
  8. I was wondering why has the TOYOTA GT86 and Subaru BRZ lost alot of visuals modifications?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I was wondering why has the TOYOTA GT86 and Subaru BRZ lost alot of visuals modifications?: I was wondering why has the TOYOTA GT86 and Subaru BRZ lost alot of visuals modifications, for example GReddy body parts, thise were the best, and the only place where i can find them is older...
  9. My Xbox game pass is not working and I was wondering why.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox game pass is not working and I was wondering why.: I bought game pass to play the new Texas Chainsaw Massacre. For the first week there were no issues. Yesterday when I tried to load the game up it said I needed to purchase the game, but I have...
  10. I’m just wondering why sometimes my games won’t update but the internet connection is great

in XBoX on Windows
    I’m just wondering why sometimes my games won’t update but the internet connection is great: My Xbox sometimes doesn’t update my games but other times it does what do i do 51b1a2b4-e80a-4c4c-a824-481ced8fc537