Wolfenstein Youngblood on PC is German version?

Discus and support Wolfenstein Youngblood on PC is German version? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hey, I'm Game Pass user and I decided to play Wolfenstein Youngblood, but unfortunately game was downloaded in German language because by mistake I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by LukeFoltín, Jan 16, 2021.

1. LukeFoltín
    LukeFoltín Guest

Hey,

I'm Game Pass user and I decided to play Wolfenstein Youngblood, but unfortunately game was downloaded in German language because by mistake I had set Germany as my country in Windows, so I changed it to United States (I wanted US news, US localization,
    etc, but I'm from Czech Republic) and downloaded the game again. Sadly it's still in German and I think it's still censored version. I'm not interested in censored game in language I can't speak well.

Is there any way to fix it? I already downloaded this game twice and I'm tired of it already.

Thank you for your help.

:)

LukeFoltín, Jan 16, 2021
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Wolfenstein Youngblood - German store

Hi,

Last year the German government removed the requirement where games depicting the Nazi's had to have a special version for Germany. prior to this, games depicting WW2 had to have Nazi imagery and flags removed or censored and some games could be less violent.
    However, since 2018 it's my understanding this has no longer been a requirement under German federal law.

I'm pretty sure the German version of Youngblood should be the same as every other region's version of the game.
  3. Saale 42 Win User

Already done this via twitter but until now no reply from Bethesda
  4. Buachaill Dona Win User

Bethesda did announce in their German forum they would be releasing the international version in Germany, it might be worth reaching out to Bethesda themselves on Twitter or support as well as Xbox support. I imagine it would be the international version
    after the ruling, but better to ask and confirm.
  5. MichalSkye Win User

I am in a similar boat to you, however I just had time to get on my Xbox for the first time in a month only a day ago. When I found out the transaction had gone through and I could finally play Wolfenstein: Youngblood I happily loaded and installed it
    only to find that it was in German with no way to change the language. This is despite the fact that I had already played New Collosus in English, after having purchased it on the German Xbox market. There was no indication when purchasing it that it would
    be available only in the German language and the trailer was in English as well.

I reached out to Xbox support asking for either a solution or a refund and was rebuffed with one line: "Not eligible for refund." Which also suggests to me they ignored my point about that being a last resort. I still want to play the game and just want a way
    to switch to English. After this I tried to contact support via callback, but I repeatedly get an error saying that they cannot call me. So now I am here looking for answers.

Have you had any furthe luck Saale 42?
  6. Saale 42 Win User

Hi,

Last year the German government removed the requirement where games depicting the Nazi's had to have a special version for Germany. prior to this, games depicting WW2 had to have Nazi imagery and flags removed or censored and some games could be less violent.
    However, since 2018 it's my understanding this has no longer been a requirement under German federal law.

I'm pretty sure the German version of Youngblood should be the same as every other region's version of the game.

Lets say its still tricky for developers. The requirement is not fully removed (thankfully). Lets put it that way the Developer/publisher still needs to show and proof that the game is not "pro-facism".

According to Bethesda at the time Youngblood was developed it was not clear if an uncut version can be released in germany therefore they prepared themself and already made a "German" version during development. Basically in the same way as for "New order"
    & "New Collossus". One with all symbols and you fight Nazis (but in english) one with german translation and alternative symbols and instead of Nazis you fight the "Regime". Both of them will be available in germany, what is great and long time overdue, but
    the Download version just in "certain" online stores.

And by now I guess the german Xbox store will be containing the german version only (unfortunately a lot of germans still have a problem with english language what comes on top of it).

So I guess my best try will be to "move" over to UK for a couple of hours...just me and my xbox :)
Thema:

1. Wolfenstein Youngblood on PC is German version? - Similar Threads - Wolfenstein Youngblood German

2. Wolfenstein Youngblood crashing on Series X

in XboX Insiders
    Wolfenstein Youngblood crashing on Series X: I recently started playing Youngblood on my Series X and the strangest thing keeps happening. Whenever I try to use the fast travel system in the game, it crashes immediately with 100%...
  3. Xbox Game Pass Wolfenstein Youngblood troubleshooting

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Pass Wolfenstein Youngblood troubleshooting: Hello everyone, got the Xbox Game Pass and wanted to play Wolfenstein Youngblood. I played some time, but then the game keeps crashing with this message. I messaged the Bethesda support and they...
  4. Wolfenstein Youngblood crashes when Xbox is turned off and on again

in XboX Insiders
    Wolfenstein Youngblood crashes when Xbox is turned off and on again: Whenever i turn my xbox on again and start the game it boots Wolfenstein right where i last played, then the screen freezes and the game crashes. i don't know if this is a problem with Quick...
  5. Wolfenstein: Youngblood launch issues

in XBoX on Windows
    Wolfenstein: Youngblood launch issues: Hi there, I ran into an issue where when I try to launch Wolfenstein: Youngblood, it displays an error stating "game crashed. crash dumps are disabled, enable with "win_crashDmp_enable 1"". I...
  6. Wolfenstein YoungBlood on Xbox Game Pass, cant change language

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Wolfenstein YoungBlood on Xbox Game Pass, cant change language: Hello I just downloaded Wolfenstein YoungBlood with the Xbox Game pass. I live in Switzerland (french speaking side), system language is English, all my games are in English except this one. I...
  7. wolfenstein youngblood 20 fps ???? xbox game pass (pc)

in XBoX on Windows
    wolfenstein youngblood 20 fps ???? xbox game pass (pc): hello i am getting really bad fps in wolfenstein youngblood gamepass pc version. my setting is at lowest it can be and my specs aren't that bad. cpu: ryzen 7 4800hs gpu : 1660ti max Q 6gb...
  8. Wolfenstein youngblood is not avaliable through the Microsoft Store. Only through the xbox...

in XBoX on Windows
    Wolfenstein youngblood is not avaliable through the Microsoft Store. Only through the xbox...: As i said. I can start the download through the xbox app and I will download the game through the microsoft store. But when trying to open it i get this: Wolfenstein: Youngblood actualmente no...
  9. Wolfenstein youngblood wont launch after install

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Wolfenstein youngblood wont launch after install: I just got wolfenstein youngblood and its not allowing me to play the game. It downloads with plenty of space to spare but when i launch the game it says preparing game but then says it needs more...
  10. Wolfenstein Youngblood - German store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Wolfenstein Youngblood - German store: Hi As it has been announced a while ago that also in Germany there will be an uncut version available. I've preordered the game a while ago when this hasn't been announced unfortunately I still...