Without parents consent

Discus and support Without parents consent in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; Hello, my name is Mary. I wonder if i can still return the XBOX 1 that my 9 yr old son bought after Christmas. I was so disappointed and dismayed after... Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by ✨✔janehey_15, Jan 5, 2020.

1. Without parents consent

Hello, my name is Mary. I wonder if i can still return the XBOX 1 that my 9 yr old son bought after Christmas. I was so disappointed and dismayed after I learned that he got the unit after i came back from work. And how could that the salesperson just
    gave them the unit without the asking the parents consent. Can i still get the money back though it's opened?Because it is useless for him to keep it. Can you help me? Pls let me know and contact me. My email is [mod removed] or call me at [mod removed]

:)

✨✔janehey_15, Jan 5, 2020
  2. Christyna64 Win User

Without parents consent

I would ask to speak to the manager and inform them that your child was able to purchase this from their store without your permission and you want it returned. Although it is ok for kids to buy consoles since they don't have an ESRB or PEGI rating like
    games and movies, I would still tell them at the store that your kiddo bought it without permission.
  3. Noahgriff Win User

Without parents consent

Hello, this is up to the retailers decision as the law varies State to state or country. If you say to them what happened they may refund you. If they do not you can take it higher with them and contact their head office as personally i think they should
    not have sold it to him.
  4. steeledwand7664 Win User

Without parents consent

First you definitely do not want to give out your personal information in this public forums.

The only thing that would be restricted on purchases in regards to games would be the games themselves these have different ratings on them like Movies where the salespeople can not sell the games to someone under a certain age just like a movie theatre
    can not sell tickets to a R rated movie to someone under the age of 17.

As far as returning the console that would be up to the store that he bought it from and their return policy.
  5. SoullessCodith Win User

Without parents consent

I am sorry to hear that that happened. There is no age restriction on video game systems. To give an example my 6 year-old niece just went to gamestop and bought a Xbox One X. Her parents were outside the store waiting for her (it is a very small store)
    the only thing she was asked was if she wanted the warranty on it. I would definitely reach out to the retailer he bought it at and see what their return policy is.
  6. crazydude1965 Win User

Without parents consent

You can try to return but im not optomistic
Thema:

Without parents consent

1. Without parents consent - Similar Threads - Without parents consent

2. How can I prevent a child from using a parent account on our home Xbox *without* a passcode?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I prevent a child from using a parent account on our home Xbox *without* a passcode?: Hi everyone, My problem: I have two kids, 7 and 9. They each have their own accounts on the Xbox and have appropriate controls and limits in place. Except they both have unrestricted access to...
  3. Any way to leave a family without parental consent?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Any way to leave a family without parental consent?: Recently, I have been trying to use a free month trial for the PC Xbox game pass, to which it tells me that a parent must allow my account to use recurring billing. However, the account that is...
  4. Can my child change their own gamertag without parental input or knowledge?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can my child change their own gamertag without parental input or knowledge?: Hi, My sons gamertag has recently changed and we wondered is this something he can do himself without parental input (he has a child's account and is 8) or should we be concerned about account...
  5. How do I change the age of an account that is a child's account without the parent account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I change the age of an account that is a child's account without the parent account?: The parent account got hacked and is now suspended and I don't know what to do. 7abadc61-6dc5-4b8e-9f23-49e84d5c2cdc
  6. My xbox account won't allow me to purchase a game without parent permission when I am over...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My xbox account won't allow me to purchase a game without parent permission when I am over...: My xbox account won't allow me to purchase a game without parent permission when I am over the age of 18. How do I change that? ebf5b794-0478-4e02-8c20-7352c3226a45
  7. Teen account privacy settings won't change without parent account. Is there any way around...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Teen account privacy settings won't change without parent account. Is there any way around...: I have a teen account and need to change the privacy settings so that I can join a Minecraft Realm I've been invited to. But the Xbox App is telling me that I need my parent account to change the...
  8. How do I turn off parental controls without a parent because the parent account is lost and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I turn off parental controls without a parent because the parent account is lost and...: Parental controls How to turn parental controls off without a parent account 29011a58-a95e-48c3-8056-6bb80a436afe
  9. How do i change my birth date without a parent account, and as a minor?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do i change my birth date without a parent account, and as a minor?: When i set up my account, i guess i put down a fake birth date in 2011 instead of 2008 as it actually is. I cant change that now, and ive searched and searched and searched, but everything seems...
  10. Turn off parental control on old account without “parent”

in XBoX on Consoles
    Turn off parental control on old account without “parent”: Basically my stepdad put parental controls on my old Xbox account and I’m 19 years old. I had ofc used an alt account as my main for the past 5 years but I have a lot of progress on a few good...