With Windows 11 on a new drive every time I open the Xbox gamepass app it opens only 1...

Discus and support With Windows 11 on a new drive every time I open the Xbox gamepass app it opens only 1... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; With Windows 11 on a new drive every time I open the Xbox gamepass app it opens only 1 account. If I sign out then it defaults back to the same... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Drexell, Sep 9, 2022.

1. Drexell
    Drexell Guest

With Windows 11 on a new drive every time I open the Xbox gamepass app it opens only 1...

With Windows 11 on a new drive every time I open the Xbox gamepass app it opens only 1 account. If I sign out then it defaults back to the same account.

I have tried reseting the app and all related xbox apps and also reinstalling. Also tried deleting the cache and account files as suggested on another thread but every time I go back it opens the same account.

After reinstalling if I click use a different account it still defaults to the same account.

Is there any fix for this I have tried everything I can find.

Thank you,

:)

Drexell, Sep 9, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

With Windows 11 on a new drive every time I open the Xbox gamepass app it opens only 1 account. If I sign out then it defaults back to the same account.

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Drexell

May I know if you have enabled automatic sign in for your main account via Windows Settings > Accounts?

By the way, if you try first changing accounts on the Microsoft store, are you able to do it or the same happens there?

And, did you already tried this?(Can be a bit odd but try it)
    Press Windows button and type Services

On Services App from the list of results, press right-click and run it as administrator

Scroll to the bottom and find the following services:

IP Helper
    Xbox Live Auth Manager
    Xbox Live Game Save
    Xbox Live Networking Service
    Gaming Services

And do this with each of the services listed above:

Right-click over the service and select Properties.
    Find the Startup type section and make sure it’s set to Automatic (if not, change it to automatic)
    If the service isn’t started, click Start to start the services

Restart your PC and give it a new try

Or this:
    Press Windows + X, then click on Windows Powershell (Administrator)

Then type or copy/paste this command and press enter:

Get-appxpackage Microsoft.XboxIdentityProvider | Remove-AppxPackage

Restart your PC and install the recently deleted app:

https://apps.microsoft.com/store/detail/xbox-id...

Finally go to Windows Settings > Apps and Features > Xbox app > Reset and Repair, then restart your PC and give it a new try.

If that doesn't work please also try these tutorials:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/fix...

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-bil...
  3. HomegrownSilky Win User

XBOX GAMES FOR PC LOST AFTER DOWNLOADING MICROSOFT 11

Lois, let me see if I understand. You're subscribed to Gamepass, right?

When you open the Xbox app on your PC, no games are showed there? What exactly the app showed you when you open it?

Also, you said you installed, 11 of them, you cannot see them installed on your PC?
    They installed Windows 11, not "installed 11" games.
  4. ClausReich Win User

Xbox on PC - how to move files from one drive to another

Hello TomDiPasquale! I'm Claus, an Independent Microsoft Community Consultant for Xbox! Glad to be able to help you!

If your new drive is set to NTFS and is working correctly in Windows 10/11, it is quite simple to move the game to a different drive!

Follow these steps:

1. Press the Windows + I to open the Settings app.

2. Afterwards, click on Apps > Apps & features.

3. Find the game/app that you want to move.

3.1 On Windows 10, select the app title from the list.

3.2 On Windows 11, click the three vertical dots on the right side.

4. Click on the Move button.

5. Select the new drive from the dropdown menu.

6. Click on the Move button again.
  5. TAHER TAHER1 Win User

Prey on Games Pass for PC

Hi

To install apps on a separate drive on Windows 10:

1. Press Windows key + I together to open Settings.

2. Click on System > Storage.

3. Click on Change where new content is saved under More storage settings.

4. Select D drive using the drop down menu under New apps will save to.

You can also install an app and later move the app to a different drive.

To move an app to a different drive:

1. Press Windows key + I together to open Settings.

2. Click on Apps > Apps & features.

3. Click on the app that you want to move, and select Move.

4. Select the destination drive.

For anyone having problems still, for me "Change where new content is saved" was already set to my second drive (the one I wanted to install on) and it was not showing
    up in the Microsoft Store drop-down.

Try this as well to try and fix the problem:

1. Open "Change where new content is saved", change them all back to C: and apply
    2. Open the 'Microsoft Store' and the app/game page of you want to install
    3. Go back to "Change where new content is saved" and change them all back to the drive you wanted to install to.
    4. Click install, Microsoft Store should now accept the second drive.
  6. Blachart79 Win User

Xbox Gamepass PC Save

Hi, . I hope you're doing well and safe out there. I'm an Independent Advisor and I’m happy to help you today.

Kindly check if it’s also the same on your settings. Press the Windows Key + I to open Settings. Click System > Storage.

To change the default drive for new apps, use the New apps will save to dropdown. On the Xbox app, click the profile menu in the top-right and select the Settings options. Click on General. Under the “Game install options” section, select the drive to install games by default.
    Hello! As I mentioned earlier, I changed it on both settings on windows 11 system settings storage and on Xbox gamepass. On system storage the settings did not change. It’s still say. But for Game Pass it change back to default.
Thema:

1. With Windows 11 on a new drive every time I open the Xbox gamepass app it opens only 1... - Similar Threads - Windows drive every

2. Can i reinstall windows without deleting my game name msfs, it is not downloaded in c drive...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can i reinstall windows without deleting my game name msfs, it is not downloaded in c drive...: Hey there i bought a game which took me 30 hours to downloaded, becuase of less space on c drive i downloaded it on h drive,rn my windows is driving me crazy i want to know if i reinstall the...
  3. cant backup forza horzizon 5 on my D drive for windows reinstall

in XBoX Games and Apps
    cant backup forza horzizon 5 on my D drive for windows reinstall: i cant copy it it says that i have to be an administrator ven though i am and when i checked and my user has full cntrol permission set on it and it says that i cant edit it because is corrupt or...
  4. Unable to install games on non-windows drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to install games on non-windows drive: I am currently having an issue where i am unable to install games from the Xbox app on windows on my secondary hard drive (non-boot drive). I have attempt to change the default install location to...
  5. Old 360 hard drive without windows 10 update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Old 360 hard drive without windows 10 update: So I have this old Xbox360 hard drive from like 2012 or 2010 and it has none of the new updates for Windows, but I can no longer apply them for the media center, what should I do?...
  6. Xbox app. for windows doesnt see my ext drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox app. for windows doesnt see my ext drive: Hello, Xbox app. for windows doesnt see my external but my ext drives his format ntsfd (see my pict) [img] [img] 9202c5de-e069-4ecd-85cb-e52ceb507a5d
  7. How move Forza Horizon 5 from Exernal Drive to New Windows

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How move Forza Horizon 5 from Exernal Drive to New Windows: Hello.. I download Forza from xbox Windows 11 and i will move FH5 from apps Windows to external Drive ... Now i Formated My Device and Reinstall Windows 11 .. How i can restore the FH5 from...
  8. MS Store or xBox app on Windows 11 can't change installation path from drive С to drive D

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MS Store or xBox app on Windows 11 can't change installation path from drive С to drive D: There is a game in the MS Store - A Plague Tale: Requiem - Windows Available with xbox game pass ultimate subscription Installed on one laptop drive C, everything is fine And I'm trying to...
  9. Cannot set any drive other than C: for default install location in the Xbox app for Windows

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot set any drive other than C: for default install location in the Xbox app for Windows: Had to open a new thread since the last one was closed too quickly. I recently added a new boot drive to my computer and did a clean install of Windows 11. However, ever since, the Xbox app no...
  10. Cannot set any drive other than C: for default install location in the Xbox app for Windows

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot set any drive other than C: for default install location in the Xbox app for Windows: I recently added a new boot drive to my computer and did a clean install of Windows 11. However, ever since, the Xbox app no longer allows me to change the install location for games. I can select...