With gamepass on PC, a game will recognize the Playstation 5 Controller, but won't actually...

Discus and support With gamepass on PC, a game will recognize the Playstation 5 Controller, but won't actually... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; So for a bit of backstory, I recently bought a PS5 Controller to replace my aging Xbox One controller for use on my PC. No problem with any other game... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Mr Unforgiven, Nov 6, 2021.

1. With gamepass on PC, a game will recognize the Playstation 5 Controller, but won't actually...

So for a bit of backstory, I recently bought a PS5 Controller to replace my aging Xbox One controller for use on my PC.
    No problem with any other game on any platform, Steam, GOG, UPlay, etc.

Boot up Back4Blood on gamepass for PC though, I can see that the game recognizes my controller, but-
    With gamepass on PC, a game will recognize the Playstation 5 Controller, but won't actually... [​IMG]

No response in the game at all, despite it being DETECTED by the game.
    Okay, maybe it's just a bug I say; I get DS4 for windows and see if it works as a Dualshock 4.
    Nope, can't use that one either.
    Let's try spoofing it as a 360 controller?

It works!
    But I shouldn't have to spoof it as an Xbox controller for it to work.
    This is Gamepass for PC, not Xbox. If I can use a PS5 Controller on my phone to stream gamepass games, I should be able to use it on here, too.
    Don't do me dirty because I wanted to try something new.

:)

Mr Unforgiven, Nov 6, 2021
  2. [Farscape] Win User

Xbox Game Pass on PC - client

they won't change it, also some of the supposedly pc games on offer in gamepass are actually just xvd images of actual modified xbox one games made to run via pc.
  3. WRDSY Win User

Xbox Series S|X controller just blinking via USB

Sadly didn't fix it :/

The accessory app won't work since my PC won't recognize the controller since it's just blinking
  4. Tezzarrific Win User

My Cousin

you can share all pc gamepass games within the home on multiple pc's too, i do this for my kids all the time with their own accounts, you have been able to share pc gamepass games since the beginning same as all apps and games purchased within the store.

It is actually better than console as i can share on 5 gaming pc's without any issues.
  5. ngocphi Win User

Unable to use a Sony Dualshock 4 Controller for Cloud Gaming.

It would only work As a gamepad not dual shock

Sony doesn't make.drivers for pc only.thr steam ones

You need a Windows compatible controller

There are beta drivers if you look on google but without offical sony support you won't have the full functions

Xbox gamepass ultimate need windows to recognize it

If it runs as a gamepad the analog sticks will probably not work

You can always attach it to your phone just won't have full functjonz
  6. Exodus Scalpel Win User

Why must i pay again for owned games

Are you currently still owning the gamepass?

It might be, that it will tell you to buy it because as you set it is recognized as gamepass game but it might change to normal after your gamepass membership runs out.

If have the same problem with Gears 5.
Thema:

With gamepass on PC, a game will recognize the Playstation 5 Controller, but won't actually...

1. With gamepass on PC, a game will recognize the Playstation 5 Controller, but won't actually... - Similar Threads - gamepass game recognize

2. if my gamepass expires will i be able to play games once downloaded

in XBoX Accessibility
    if my gamepass expires will i be able to play games once downloaded: if my gamepass expires will i be able to play games once downloaded d7e7c536-caa7-4db3-8ffa-708f64cb503b
  3. Why is playing a game on PC+ PC GamePass + Controller so crappy?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is playing a game on PC+ PC GamePass + Controller so crappy?: On forza, every time I hit the e-brake it makes the telemetry menu pop up. In rocket league, A is Jump. B is jump & boost. LT is Jump & boost. RT is drive and boost. B is just boost. X is drift &...
  4. How to use PS4 controller with Gamepass PC games?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to use PS4 controller with Gamepass PC games?: Answer in title. How can i use PS4 controller with PC Gamepass games? DS4Windows isnt helping even with xbox 360 emulation. f80f36ef-95fa-46d4-a9f4-df4c9716716d
  5. Just bought gamepass ultimate and I can t open any games that I already had and I can t...

in XBoX on Windows
    Just bought gamepass ultimate and I can t open any games that I already had and I can t...: Just bought gamepass ultimate and can t open games and i can t install games either. I reset and updated but it won t work. I paid the gp but it doesn t show that I have Gamepss, also he gp app...
  6. PC GamePass game closes 30 seconds after opening.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    PC GamePass game closes 30 seconds after opening.: All of a sudden when I go to play Fallout 76 on my PC via Xbox game pass the game starts up just as it always had except now right when its at the title screen the game seemingly crashes with no...
  7. Gamepass games that I never asked to install in my new laptop keep on reinstalling

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gamepass games that I never asked to install in my new laptop keep on reinstalling: I have a new Windows 11 laptop which I use alongside my other Windows machines. When I took the new laptop into use, Xbox app or Windows Store gradually installed it full of PC games that I do not...
  8. Stupid gamepass wont let me install a game..

in XBoX Accessibility
    Stupid gamepass wont let me install a game..: Fed up with all the issues only to now end up with a new one that makes NO sense. I turn 40 in 2 months and yet Conan exiles on xbox gamepass on PC is telling me my mommy and daddy have to...
  9. there is no window with games for gamepass, there is only a cloud option

in XBoX Games and Apps
    there is no window with games for gamepass, there is only a cloud option: I run Windows 11 on ARM machine and Xbox app only shows cloud games variant, is there solution for it to get normal game pass list of games? [img] 5346929d-2f41-41c5-98a4-529c75e6f9f6
  10. Anytime I try and play a game from the gamepass i get the error code 0x803F8001.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Anytime I try and play a game from the gamepass i get the error code 0x803F8001.: For example, when opening MS Flight Simulator it tells me it currently isn't available in my account and to make sure I am signed into the store and to try again. I know for a fact I am signed...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pc game pass with ps5 controller