Wireless Xbox controller won't stay synced.

Discus and support Wireless Xbox controller won't stay synced. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So I connected my Xbox 20th anniversary edition wireless controller to my computer via Bluetooth. It is Paired with my computer. It will work for a... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by jesiscott, Jan 18, 2022.

1. jesiscott
    jesiscott Guest

So I connected my Xbox 20th anniversary edition wireless controller to my computer via Bluetooth. It is Paired with my computer.

It will work for a few minutes and then will disconnect and start flashing. Sometimes it'll come back after a minute or 2(For a couple minutes and then go out again), or it'll just keep flashing.

I have unpaired it/re-paired it from my computer multiple times.

I have reset the controller.

I have reset my computer.

I have troubleshooted Bluetooth in the settings, which came up with nothing.

I have restarted my Bluetooth.

I have taken all other Bluetooth pairings off my computer.

I have updated the controller.

I have also tested it on Gamepass for mobile, where it worked perfectly fine but won't cooperate at all with my computer.

:)

jesiscott, Jan 18, 2022
  2. XBF-Spartan Win User

Hi Jesi,

Thanks for reaching out to the forums! Have you checked for any Bluetooth driver updates or pc firmware updates since you paired the controller?
  3. PhillFails Win User

Controller works when no batteries in but when connected wirelessly gives up?

Basically, I'll turn on the Xbox, the controller will work for a few moments, then the console stays on, and the controller just dies this works on any of my controllers. If i remove the batteries of the controller and plug it in via a micro usb cable then
    fully turn off the console then turn it back on, the controller will stay synced and working. If i put the batteries in and use wireless it will work for a few minutes then the controller stays on, fully synced but the controller doesn't work...

The batteries are 4 different sets, 2 cheap ones, 1 Duracell and 1 set of rechargeable ones that work perfectly on my pc.

All 3 normal batteries are brand new, but this is the same on both controllers.

The wireless keeps disconnecting me now as well.

If connected to the wireless i can use the app to control the Xbox perfectly
  4. KuleGray Win User

Xbox One Wireless Controller Issues

I have already tried that. When I try to sync it, nothing happens. Is there a certain way to sync it. I had my Xbox on and held both sync buttons. Does my controller have to be on? My controller won't stay on unless I hold the home button.
  5. OCRyzen Win User

Bluetooth Problems

If it's on a seperate Quadrant, than yes, it will stay on.. But, if it is assigned to a specific controller quadrant, than it will turn off or lose sync with the controller..

Plus, if you insert a wired headset to a controller, that has a assigned wireless headset, the wireless headset disconnects...
  6. Flymonkey102 Win User

Xbox won't sync

Hmm if both won't sync it could be the wireless receiver in the Xbox. I would check again to see if the controllers need an update through the USB cable though.
Thema:

1. Wireless Xbox controller won't stay synced. - Similar Threads - Wireless controller won't

2. How do I use a second wireless controller on my xbox one for my 6 yr old twins to be able...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I use a second wireless controller on my xbox one for my 6 yr old twins to be able...: My boys are trying to play 2 player on Paw Patrol World on Game Pass. I got a new controller so that they could do this but cant figure out how to get the second co troller off of player one...
  3. Xbox Series X Wireless Controller can't power on in any capactiy unless it's plugged in...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Wireless Controller can't power on in any capactiy unless it's plugged in...: I've also noticed that even the usb is inconsistent and every cord I've used needs to be held at a certain angle to make the controller work. I've already updated the controller's firmware, tried...
  4. New Xbox wireless controller won't connect to my Windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    New Xbox wireless controller won't connect to my Windows 10: Few days ago I got a new Xbox wireless controller, I've connected it to one Windows 10 laptop and it worked perfectly. Few days later I tried connecting it to another Windows 10 laptop and it...
  5. Xbox Elite Wireless Gaming Controller Series 2 Core won't connect via bluetooth on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Gaming Controller Series 2 Core won't connect via bluetooth on PC: I just bought an Xbox Elite Wireless Gaming Controller Series 2 Core for my PC use. The Bluetooth works fine at the beginning. But the Xbox bar shows up whenever I push the A button. So I...
  6. Xbox Wireless Controller won't connect to PC Game Pass

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Controller won't connect to PC Game Pass: Today when I went to turn on my PC and open up gamepass, I was shown a small alert that said "No controller is connected" last night I had used the same controller without any issue but this...
  7. Xbox controller won't connect to wireless Adapter on PC.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller won't connect to wireless Adapter on PC.: I've been using a Xbox controller with a wireless adapter on my PC for about two years with no problems. Yesterday while playing a game my batteries ran out like they have many times before, Since...
  8. XBOX one wireless controller won't connect no matter what

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX one wireless controller won't connect no matter what: so i have two xbox one wireless controllers that im trying to connect to my windows 11 PC, and the first one (an xbox one s controller) connects just fine through bluetooth, however the second...
  9. Wireless Xbox One controller won't interact with Xbox with external hard drive plugged in

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless Xbox One controller won't interact with Xbox with external hard drive plugged in: Wireless Xbox One controller won't interact with Xbox with external hard drive plugged in. I have been having problems with my Xbox one wireless controller and the external hard drive. I have...
  10. My Wireless Xbox Controller won't connect when playing a game on Cloud gaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Wireless Xbox Controller won't connect when playing a game on Cloud gaming: My Wireless Xbox Controller connects to my MacBook via Bluetooth and through that I play on Xbox cloud gaming, but recently I connect my controller to my MacBook and when I start the game the game...