WIreless Xbox 360 controller won't connect to Windows 10 PC

Discus and support WIreless Xbox 360 controller won't connect to Windows 10 PC in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Title. I have the new adapter. The USB port is powered, and Settings recognizes that I have an Xbox wireless controller installed. I can remove but not... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by datlowen, May 10, 2019.

1. datlowen
    datlowen Guest

Title. I have the new adapter. The USB port is powered, and Settings recognizes that I have an Xbox wireless controller installed. I can remove but not update that, so I assume the driver is up-to-date. Yet I turn the controller on, set it to search, set
    the adapter to search and...they don't find each other I get the flashing lights on both the controller and the adapter, but they can't find each other. I'm at a loss. I'm sure there are already threads like this somewhere, but take pity. Please help?

:)

datlowen, May 10, 2019
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Is there a drivers download for wireless Xbox 360 controller to PC windows 10

Hi,

There aren't any drivers to download for Windows 10 as the drivers for Xbox 360 controllers are already built into the OS.

The Xbox 360 controller uses its own type of wireless protocol, it's not Bluetooth and so it can't be connected to a PC directly without additional hardware. It needs an Xbox 360 wireless gaming receiver for use on a PC. This receiver needs to be specifically for Xbox 360 controllers. The receivers for the Xbox One controllers won't work either.
  3. XBF Diego M Win User

Can the X Box One Wireless Controller with Bluetooth also be used with the X Box One Wireless Adapter for Windows 10?

Hi Beau,

Thank you for coming to the Xbox forums, I'd be happy to answer that.

The Xbox One Wireless controller with Bluetooth can be connected to a Windows 10 PC with a USB cable, Bluetooth, or with the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10, so yes, it can be connected via the adapter. The Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 is not
    compatible with an Xbox 360 controller and will need the Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows. I'll provide the support articles with this information:

I hope this helps!
  4. XBF Ezra G Win User

Manette xbox one version 1697.

Hello SARAHkerrigan,

Thank you for your post. I understand you are looking to connect a controller to your Windows 10 PC. The first version of the Xbox One wireless controller is not Bluetooth compatible which may explain the difficulty you are experiencing connecting it to
    your Windows 10 PC. Fore more information, please visit this page:
    How to connect an Xbox Wireless Controller to a Windows 10 PC

I hope this helps.
  5. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Xbox 360 and Xbox one controller for PC

Many PC games let you play with an Xbox Wireless Controller instead of a keyboard or mouse. You can connect your controller to a Windows PC by using a USB cable, the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows, or over Bluetooth. Some PCs also come with Xbox
    Wireless built in, so you can connect a controller directly without an adapter.
    The Xbox 360 Controller for Windows can be easily installed on any PC that has an available USB port and is running Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, or Windows 7.

For more info:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-on-windows/accessories/connect-xbox-one-controller-to-pc

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-on-windows/accessories/xbox-controller-for-windows-setup
  6. XBF George L Win User

Controle xbox one fica piscando e não conecta ao console nem ao PC (Mod Translation:Xbox One controller keeps flashing and doesn't connect to console or PC )

Thema:

1. WIreless Xbox 360 controller won't connect to Windows 10 PC - Similar Threads - WIreless 360 controller

2. Xbox app not recognizing my xbox 360 controller (wireless) but I've been playing games with it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox app not recognizing my xbox 360 controller (wireless) but I've been playing games with it?: My PC is on windows 11. I have my Xbox 360 controller connected via the 'Xbox 360 wireless receiver for windows' the controller works fine for all games, I have just completed the Halo Master...
  3. Xbox 360 wireless controller not detected by windows after reconnecting it

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 wireless controller not detected by windows after reconnecting it: So this is a minor problem but it still bothers me because it's so weird. When I boot up windows, while my controller is connected to the wireless dongle, it shows up just fine under "game...
  4. Xbox 360 Wireless receiver detected as a xbox 360 controller (Windows 10)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Wireless receiver detected as a xbox 360 controller (Windows 10): Whenever i plug in my Xbox wireless receiver/adapter to my computer, in the Device manager it gets detected as a controller and not an adapter. Ive tried updating the drivers but it doesn't work.i...
  5. Xbox 360 controller will not connect to Windows 10 Wireless Adapter

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 controller will not connect to Windows 10 Wireless Adapter: I just bought a "Microsoft Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10" to connect my Xbox 360 controller to my PC. The adapter installed its driver when I plugged it in, and then said it was ready. I...
  6. Is a wireless 360 controller fully supported by Android?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is a wireless 360 controller fully supported by Android?: Is a wireless 360 controller fully supported by Android? Can it be used on an AndroidTV for use in Steam TV sharing? 7b397491-e30d-4567-8357-93ec8f879e2c
  7. Where to find technical specification for Play and Charge kit for Xbox 360 Wireless Controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Where to find technical specification for Play and Charge kit for Xbox 360 Wireless Controller?: Where do can I find the technical specification for the Play and Charge kit for the Xbox 360 Wireless Controller? I am trying to figure out how to power my Xbox 360 Wireless controller with 5V...
  8. Can xbox 360 wireless controller adapter work in PC WINDOWS?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can xbox 360 wireless controller adapter work in PC WINDOWS?: Can xbox 360 wireless controller adapter work in PC WINDOWS? e468f6b7-8ad8-4413-b499-a7070c423051
  9. Can a wireless Xbox 360 controller on older model be used to play games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can a wireless Xbox 360 controller on older model be used to play games?: I have a second generation I believe wireless Xbox 360 controller, it's not the new Xbox console or the Xbox one remote it's the previous one that used to get the red ring. Just wondering if that...
  10. Xbox 360 wireless controller wont charge.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 wireless controller wont charge.: I have an xbox 360(still) and its like new. i Have two wireless controllers which work with normal batteries in. I have two rechargeable battery units which wont charge up, the red light on the...