Wireless Headsets not REALLY Wireless??

Discus and support Wireless Headsets not REALLY Wireless?? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Maybe someone can answer a question for me. I've been searching for a high-end surround sound wireless headset to no avail (Astro A50, Katana HD,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by bg4c, Jan 8, 2016.

1. bg4c
    bg4c Guest

Maybe someone can answer a question for me. I've been searching for a high-end surround sound wireless headset to no avail (Astro A50, Katana HD, etc.). The majority of them require a cable to plug into the controller for chatting (with some exceptions -
    i.e. Turtle Beach's Elite 800x). The same headsets are 100% wireless for PS4 and PC, but what's the constant hurdle in creating a completely wireless headset for XB1? I don't get it.

:)

bg4c, Jan 8, 2016
  2. Wireless Headset Yet Microsoft? Not really wireless.

Agreed. Did we take a step backwards when we bought the Xbox One? I love the system, but not having a simple wireless headset like the one on the Xbox 360 is really annoying. I hate this wire. I already broke my the one that came with the system and replaced
    it with another stock headset. I DO NOT want a stereo headset as I have a nice sound system. Just make a wireless headset already. The system should have came with one to begin with.

Loaded Sherlock, Jan 8, 2016
  3. Phwiggnet
    Phwiggnet Guest
    Wireless Headset Yet Microsoft? Not really wireless.

This is a bit of a joke, The only reason i can come with is that Microsoft wants to actually annoy their customers. I almost regret buying the XBox One. I also hate the way the new interface works, and how much more difficult it is to set up party's (unless
    i'm the idiot)

Phwiggnet, Jan 8, 2016
  4. bg4c
    bg4c Guest

I actually sent an email to Tritton. They're coming out with their Katana HD 7.1 headset in March but the XB1 version will require a chat cable. I asked them why this is and their tech replied:

"The cable is required due to Microsoft's technology that is incorporated into the Xbox One. With the Xbox 360 we were given exclusive privilege to deign [sic] the only wireless 360 headset however this generation
    that was not granted a second time around. This is an exclusive technology that Microsoft owns and has the ability to share."

Sucks.

5. bg4c Win User

I actually sent an email to Tritton. They're coming out with their Katana HD 7.1 headset in March but the XB1 version will require a chat cable. I asked them why this is and their tech replied:

"The cable is required due to Microsoft's technology that is incorporated into the Xbox One. With the Xbox 360 we were given exclusive privilege to deign [sic] the only wireless 360 headset however this generation
    that was not granted a second time around. This is an exclusive technology that Microsoft owns and has the ability to share."

Sucks.
  6. Upinya Slayin Win User

Polk 4 Shot

they aren't really wireless, they still need to be wired into the headset using an adapter it comes with. I want a real wireless headset with chat
  7. aaron5015 Win User

Im trying to use a custom bluetooth headset

8. Trust A Zombie Win User

Xbox One Wireless Headset

Bought a £250 headset (Astro A50'S Wireless) Yet STILL have to plug it in to controller to talk. Really hoping for a wireless headset for xbox one too
  9. Akuza89 Win User

question about the 360 wireless earpiece from microsoft

I have the wireless Microsoft headset and turtle beach x31's ... Both as bad as each other I'd recommend just buying a wired headset...pointless getting wireless really ..
Thema:

1. Wireless Headsets not REALLY Wireless?? - Similar Threads - Wireless Headsets REALLY

2. Poor Quality Microsoft Xbox Wireless Over-the-Head Bluetooth Gaming Headset, Black model:...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Poor Quality Microsoft Xbox Wireless Over-the-Head Bluetooth Gaming Headset, Black model:...: What is going on with your Microsoft Xbox Wireless Over-the-Head Bluetooth Gaming Headset, Black (model: TLL-00001)?! Three headsets bought, 2 of them broke in the exact same spot and yet you...
  3. Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC: Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC It pairs and the headphones works, but mic does not work, even MS Teams says mic is not working.....
  4. Audio crackling and cutting out with both xbox wireless headset and earbuds plugged into...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio crackling and cutting out with both xbox wireless headset and earbuds plugged into...: This issue occurs seemingly regardless of game as well as on the menu. If I record the instance when the bug occurs, it will be present in the playback on the xbox, but will be absent on my phone...
  5. Xbox wireless headset (Turtlebeach) only works when joining a party

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox wireless headset (Turtlebeach) only works when joining a party: Okay, just as the title suggests, my headset's microphone for my xbox (using a series X) only works when I join a party. When I create a party and I invite others, the only way for my microphone...
  6. How to make Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 to work with wired headsets on BT? Even possible?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to make Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 to work with wired headsets on BT? Even possible?: Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 doesn't seem to work with wired headphones when on BT. Works fine when on USB.. how to make it work? I bought 2 of these expecting to use them with...
  7. Xbox wireless headset - microphone plastic casing broke

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset - microphone plastic casing broke: Microphone plastic casing broke and I have seen an insane amount of people with the same issue. Is microsoft doing anything about this? I tried going through the site for warranty but it says my...
  8. I am unable to issue a warranty on my xbox wireless headset. The infamous mute button snap...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am unable to issue a warranty on my xbox wireless headset. The infamous mute button snap...: As title says, my xbox wireless headset has snapped where the mute button is. This is not due to mistreatment and here's proof:...
  9. Xbox wireless headset mic wont be recognised on PC, using wireless adapter for pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset mic wont be recognised on PC, using wireless adapter for pc: Hello. I've tried a long time to make my Xbox wireless headset mic to work on PC. I'm using the Xbox wireless adapter for pc, and I've been trying alot of things. Updating it to the latest...
  10. how do i adjust wireless headset volume if the menu is greyed out?

in XBoX on Consoles
    how do i adjust wireless headset volume if the menu is greyed out?: I have a wirless xbox headset that connects to my xbox just fine but there’s no audio. the headset volume and chat mixer are greyed out and I can adjust the chat mixer on the headset but for the...