Wireless headset stopped working after 2 months

Discus and support Wireless headset stopped working after 2 months in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've had the headset for 2 months now with daily usage before it completely stopped working with the Xbox, Bluetooth audio is just fine so I; power... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Kentucky Fried Children, Jan 17, 2022.

1. Wireless headset stopped working after 2 months

I've had the headset for 2 months now with daily usage before it completely stopped working with the Xbox, Bluetooth audio is just fine so I; power cycled the Xbox, reset the headset, restarted the headset, checked for updates, updated controller, updated headset, checked the volume settings, disconnected and reconnected the headset to no avail, works just fine with phone Bluetooth connection but no audio from Xbox. Is there anything I can do?

:)

Kentucky Fried Children, Jan 17, 2022
  2. XBF - Dom Win User

We appreciate the update and your patience with us regarding the issue. Hopefully replacing the headset will solve the issue. We will be locking this thread as replacing the device seems to be the best solution however, if you continue to have issues going forward, please reach out to us by creating a new post so we can further investigate the issue.

Thank you,

XBF Dom
  3. Kentucky Fried Child Win User

It isn't connected to any other devices when I tried using it with my Xbox one. It was random, just stopped working with my Xbox on the 16th. I tried using my other controller to see if it was a matter of needing an update for either controller to no avail.

At this point I think I'll just refund and get a replacement as it is in warranty and the problem at this point is unsolvable no matter how many troubleshoot methods I do.
  4. XBF - Dom Win User

Hello Kentucky Fried Children,

Thank you for reaching out to us about your issue!

We have a couple of questions that will help us when investigating:

• Can you verify that your headset is not connected to any devices other than the Xbox while you're attempting to use it?
    • Do you remember if it stopped working immediately after a console update or was it random?
    • Do you have a spare Xbox controller? It is possible that there can be an issue with the controller that you're using that is causing an interference (Ex: a malfunctioning 3.5mm headset port)
    Have you visited the Xbox support article related to troubleshooting your Xbox Wireless Headset?
    You can find that here: Troubleshoot your Xbox Wireless Headset | Xbox Support

We suggest trying all of the troubleshooting steps there including the steps that you've already performed as a way to assure that your methods align with the article's. There's a section titled "About certain types of headset issues" that may be beneficial to you if you haven't seen it already.

If the troubleshooting steps do not provide the results that you are looking for, you can follow the "Getting your headset replaced" section of that article to verify if your eligible for a replacement or a refund.

Looking forward to hearing back,

XBF Dom
  5. Galactic Geek Win User

Anyone else extremely bummed out there's no wireless headset?

[quote user="BiOHAZARD 901"]

Why?? Mine worked really well, Though the battery could have lasted just a bit longer.

[/quote]Exactly. I had the pleasure of owning 2 wireless headsets for the Xbox 360 - both stopped working permanently a month after I bought them. I'm not saying I don't like wireless headsets in general (my TB x42s work quite nicely), I just don't like
    the Xbox 360 brand of wireless headsets, hence my previous comment.
  6. bdwilly Win User

Turtle Beach Stealth 700 stopped working

The controller is wireless, the headset is wireless- bluetooth. The headset has worked fine for almost two years, but after the update yesterday to call of duty it does not work anymore.
Thema:

1. Wireless headset stopped working after 2 months - Similar Threads - Wireless headset stopped

2. Unable to upgrade xbox wireless headset firmware from windows PC 10/11

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to upgrade xbox wireless headset firmware from windows PC 10/11: Hello! yesterday i received my new Xbox wireless headset, but there is no way to execute a firmware upgrade. I am going to use the headset on windows PC or mobile phone, so i have to upgrade by...
  3. BINNUNE Wireless Gaming Headset BW01 Closing/Disconnects during Charging

in XBoX on Consoles
    BINNUNE Wireless Gaming Headset BW01 Closing/Disconnects during Charging: I'm unsure if this is the correct "Products/Category/Topics" for said issue, so if there is a more accurate place to be for this, let me know, thanks! BINNUNE Wireless Gaming Headset BW01, is...
  4. Pdp xbox wireless headset audio and microphone not working

in XboX Insiders
    Pdp xbox wireless headset audio and microphone not working: My Pdp headset isn’t working i’ve connected it to a pc and it works fine but when i plug the dongle into my xbox nothing comes out other then when i turn off my xbox i hear a static noise...
  5. xbox wireless headset chat mixer stop working

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox wireless headset chat mixer stop working: Hello ! The volume mixer on the official Xbox Wireless headset stopped working recently. The last thing I remember doing before noticing the problem was I moved from an Xbox chat group to a...
  6. Xbox Wireless Headset - How to stop it from turning on Xbox when using on PC?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Headset - How to stop it from turning on Xbox when using on PC?: Hello everybody, I have an Xbox Wireless headset and while I was only using it for my Xbox, everything was fine. It works perfectly. However, I recently built a PC to play iRacing and to my...
  7. Why has my Xbox Wireless Headset stopped working on Fotnight Party chat?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why has my Xbox Wireless Headset stopped working on Fotnight Party chat?: Hello the party chat has stopped working when I play fortnite on my xbox one. I use a Xbox Wireless Headset. I have tried: Resetting headset Resetting xbox I have reset headphones...
  8. Xbox Wireless Headset has random moments where the audio gets very distorted, then stops,...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Headset has random moments where the audio gets very distorted, then stops,...: Hi, I just bought the Starfield version of the Xbox Wireless Headset. I really want to like it, but my experience has been downright abysmal since I started using it with my PC. First, I tried...
  9. Xbox Wireless Adapter Causes USB Headset to Stop Working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Wireless Adapter Causes USB Headset to Stop Working: So I got a Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 so I can use my controller with the my PC. It works fine except for one really weird problem. When I plug it into my motherboard, it causes my USB...
  10. Xbox Wireless Headset - How to stop it from turning on Xbox when using on PC?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Wireless Headset - How to stop it from turning on Xbox when using on PC?: Hello everyone, So I just got the new Xbox Wireless Headset. Works perfectly fine on Xbox and works perfectly fine on PC too. Only issue I have is that when I turn on the headset to use it on my...