Wireless Gaming Adapters: Xbox One S Controller Wont stay paired to PC

Discus and support Wireless Gaming Adapters: Xbox One S Controller Wont stay paired to PC in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Wireless Gaming Adapters: Xbox One S Controller Wont stay paired to PC Hey my PC for some reason wont connect to the Xbox one S controller I just got... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by TheFlamingArp, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Wireless Gaming Adapters: Xbox One S Controller Wont stay paired to PC

Hey my PC for some reason wont connect to the Xbox one S controller I just got via Bluetooth

Here is what happens:

- Says controller ready to pair

- Asks for password (just click next)

- Says "Connected"

- Then says "Paired"

- After that, the controller keeps blinking as if still in pairing mode

- Then in Bluetooth Devices it says "Xbox Wireless Controller Ready to Pair" again!

And then the process repeats itself.

It connects when I use a USB cord but the cord is too short to use comfortably.

I have fully updated windows 10. And it the Bluetooth adapter can connect to my other devices. Any Suggestions?

:)

TheFlamingArp, Feb 28, 2017
  2. cy43rguru
    cy43rguru Guest
    Xbox One Windows 10 Wireless Adapter Issues

To the OPs problem for no sound and no vibration that should be fixed with the latest driver updates.

For pairing, how are you pairing the controller? I have mentioned this on other posts, one easy alternate way to pair is to have your controller connected wired to the PC, plug in the Wireless Adapter to the PC as well, wait like 5 seconds, and unplug the
    controller, the driver stack will automatically have paired the controller to the adapter, just like on the Xbox.

Once you pair the controller successfully and never use that controller for any other PC or Xbox, then the address of the adapter is saved in the controller. Repairing to the same adapter is not required. If it is not connecting, plug/unplug the adapter
    instead to reset the adapter.

We are working with our partners to address some of the major issues.

cy43rguru, Feb 28, 2017
  3. UtilityLoki4
    UtilityLoki4 Guest
    Xbox One Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 disconnects after 7 seconds

I purchased an Xbox One Elite Controller and Xbox One Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 and can't get them to stay connected. They will sync up fine but will not stay connected for more than 5-7 seconds at a time. The light on the wireless adapter will turn
    off after being connected for a short time, and then a few seconds later will pair up again. I've tried reinstalling the drivers and my Xbox One controller works fine when plugged in via USB. Please help as this is incredibly frustrating. PC is running Windows
    10, of course.

UtilityLoki4, Feb 28, 2017
  4. DarkerFirestar Win User

Can you use the Xbox one wireless headset chat mixer on PC if you have the usb wireless adapter?

Yes, you can use the Xbox One wireless headset chat mixer on PC if you have the USB wireless adapter.

To do this, you will need to follow these steps:

1. Connect the USB wireless adapter to your PC.
    2. Turn on your Xbox One wireless headset and hold down the power button on the headset until it starts flashing. This puts the headset in pairing mode.
    3. Press the pairing button on the USB wireless adapter until the LED starts flashing.
    4. Once the LED on the USB wireless adapter stops flashing and stays lit, the headset is paired with your PC.
    5. Open the Xbox Accessories app on your PC, and click on the "Xbox One Wireless Controller" device.
    6. From there, you can adjust the chat mixer settings to your liking.
    Once you have completed these steps, you should be able to use the chat mixer on your Xbox One wireless headset with your PC.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox Wireless Adapter

Hi,

If you’re using the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10:

1. Turn on your PC and sign in.
    2. Plug the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows into your PC. For more info, see
      Set up the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows.
    3. Turn on your controller by pressing the
      Xboxbutton. When you turn on the controller, the
      Xbox button will start flashing.
    4. Press and hold the
      Pair button on the Xbox Wireless Adapter. A small light will flash for several seconds.
    5. Press and hold the
      Pairbutton on the top of the controller (the raised button). The
      Xbox button on the controller will flash more rapidly – this means your controller is searching for the Xbox Wireless Adapter.
      When connected, the Xbox button on the controller will stay lit.
  6. cy43rguru Win User

Xbox One Windows 10 Wireless Adapter Issues

To the OPs problem for no sound and no vibration that should be fixed with the latest driver updates.

For pairing, how are you pairing the controller? I have mentioned this on other posts, one easy alternate way to pair is to have your controller connected wired to the PC, plug in the Wireless Adapter to the PC as well, wait like 5 seconds, and unplug the
    controller, the driver stack will automatically have paired the controller to the adapter, just like on the Xbox.

Once you pair the controller successfully and never use that controller for any other PC or Xbox, then the address of the adapter is saved in the controller. Repairing to the same adapter is not required. If it is not connecting, plug/unplug the adapter
    instead to reset the adapter.

We are working with our partners to address some of the major issues.
  7. ThisGameIsSucky Win User

Xbox elite series 2

8. schnurren Win User

How to connect new controller to microsoft windows controller adapter?

Hello Quinquadrate,

I asume you are talking about the official Xbox Wireless Adapter Controller.

Is that is true, you can follow the steps described in here for connecting it : https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/...ories/xbox-wireless-adapter-for-windows-setup

If not, the other solution is :

Plug the Wireless Adapter to your PC

Connect your Xbox One Controller to your PC via USB cable

When the controller is connected, unplug the USB cable from the controller

At this point, the controller should be paired with your Wireless Adapter (or at least, that works for me everytime!)
Thema:

1. Wireless Gaming Adapters: Xbox One S Controller Wont stay paired to PC - Similar Threads - Wireless Gaming Adapters

2. If is an xbox wireless controller better in Xbox cloud gaming?

in XBoX on Consoles
    If is an xbox wireless controller better in Xbox cloud gaming?: I play xbox cloud gaming with dualshock 4 via Bluetooth and usb as well. All features works well, including vibration. But I wonder if there are some advantages of playing xbox cloud gaming with...
  3. Xbox app not recognizing my xbox 360 controller (wireless) but I've been playing games with it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox app not recognizing my xbox 360 controller (wireless) but I've been playing games with it?: My PC is on windows 11. I have my Xbox 360 controller connected via the 'Xbox 360 wireless receiver for windows' the controller works fine for all games, I have just completed the Halo Master...
  4. steelseries arctis 7x wireless gaming headset for xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    steelseries arctis 7x wireless gaming headset for xbox one: steelseries arctis 7x wireless gaming headset for xbox one how reconnected on Xbox one with out plug wire to headset to the controller 6a87487c-dc74-43ab-9150-4e6b796dfe63
  5. Xbox wireless headphones cannot hear other players talking while gaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headphones cannot hear other players talking while gaming: Hi team, My Xbox wireless headset cannot hear other players talking while gaming. We have reset the settings and have altered the left ear cup so that it is in the middle position but still not...
  6. Xbox wireless adapter is controlling everything on the computer instead of just the game...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless adapter is controlling everything on the computer instead of just the game...: Its an adapter for the xbox controller and nothing else. and in before "have you tried this on another computer or laptop" i don't have a back up pc to test this on. I just got my pc repaired and...
  7. Wireless headset not working- no sound from his COD game nor can anyone hear him talking??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless headset not working- no sound from his COD game nor can anyone hear him talking??: My son recently got a wireless headset for Christmas (use to have a wired headset). The first headset we took back to the store because we thought it was the headset. But now that the second...
  8. Xbox Elite Wireless Gaming Controller Series 2 Core won't connect via bluetooth on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Gaming Controller Series 2 Core won't connect via bluetooth on PC: I just bought an Xbox Elite Wireless Gaming Controller Series 2 Core for my PC use. The Bluetooth works fine at the beginning. But the Xbox bar shows up whenever I push the A button. So I...
  9. Audio mixer between chat and game on xbox wireless headset doesn’t work.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio mixer between chat and game on xbox wireless headset doesn’t work.: Hi, I have a problem with the xbox wireless headset. I can properly hear sound from the game and chat too but if i try to mix these channel (with the left wheel of the headset) it remains the...
  10. Can I have my XBox S use a wireless DisplayPort adapter to display games on a different...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I have my XBox S use a wireless DisplayPort adapter to display games on a different...: To be clear, I am not wanting stream display TO the XBox, but rather stream the XBox display over wifi to a wireless display adapter? Most of what I have seen has to do with streaming content to...