Wireless Gaming Adapters: Connecting Xbox Live to a Xbox 360

Discus and support Wireless Gaming Adapters: Connecting Xbox Live to a Xbox 360 in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Wireless Gaming Adapters: Connecting Xbox Live to a Xbox 360 I’ve an Xbox 360 and a voucher got the Xbox Live 95415052-e066-4a98-926f-5e121be889c2 Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by FriskierTuba372, Dec 24, 2017.

1. Wireless Gaming Adapters: Connecting Xbox Live to a Xbox 360

I’ve an Xbox 360 and a voucher got the Xbox Live

:)

FriskierTuba372, Dec 24, 2017
  2. xboxfelix
    xboxfelix Guest
    What is Xbox LIVE?

Xbox LIVE provides you with the most amazing entertainment experience through the Xbox 360 console. You can download and play games, get instant access to a large collection of games and music, and connect with your friends.

Wireless connection

You can connect your Xbox 360 console to Xbox LIVE without the need for any network cables. There is a wireless network in place that your Xbox 360 console can use.

Requirements
    • An Xbox 360 Wireless Networking Adapter (only available with the original Xbox 360 console).
    • A wireless access point, gateway or router that is compatible with Xbox LIVE.
    • High Speed Internet connection, preferably DSL or cable.

Note: It is not advisable to use Satellite, 3G or 4G mobile connections due to the possibility of slow performance or lag.

xboxfelix, Dec 24, 2017
  3. MerlinKM
    MerlinKM Guest
    Windows 10

Was it the official Xbox 360 or Xbox One controller? For the Xbox 360 wireless controller, an adapter is required. For Xbox One, the original Xbox One controller will only work when wired. For the One S controller, you can connect it via bluetooth.

MerlinKM, Dec 24, 2017
  4. M3tal Daz3 Win User

WEP

5. GMAN990 Win User

New Xbox Slim will not connect wirelessly when it is wireless enabled.

6. Tecardo Win User

failure to connect to my router

7. SteadfastStorm Win User

XBox wireless problems

I'm sorry that you're having trouble with your Xbox 360 wireless adapter. A flashing green light indicates that the adapter is attempting to connect to a wireless network. When you try to connect to your wireless network, does the console prompt you to connect
    an Xbox 360 Wireless Networking Adapter, or does it recognize the adapter but display no wireless networks in the list?
  8. Chris21ce Win User

Cannot connect to xbox live

You might need to change your wireless router settings. Here are some things you should know:

Xbox 360 S console: The Xbox 360 S console’s built-in Wi-Fi uses the 2.4 gigahertz (GHz) frequency band. If your router is broadcasting using another frequency, your Xbox 360 S console cannot connect to your wireless network. Check your router documentation
    to find out how to set your router to broadcast at 2.4 GHz. If you want to connect using the 5 GHz frequency band, you will need to add the black Xbox 360 Wireless N Networking Adapter to your Xbox 360 S console.

Xbox 360 S console and black adapter: The Xbox 360 S console and the black Xbox 360 Wireless N Networking Adapter cannot use the 802.11n wireless protocol in combination with WEP or WPA TKIP encryption. If your router requires WEP or WPA encryption, your
    console will try to connect to your wireless network using a slower wireless protocol such as 802.11b, 802.11g, or 802.11a.

Use WPA2 if possible: The best wireless encryption to use with your Xbox 360 console is WPA2 with AES encryption.

Wireless N router and a gray adapter: If you have an 802.11n or N type router and a gray Xbox 360 Wireless G Networking Adapter, configure your N type router to use a mixed mode; broadcast using a combination of wireless standard N and either B, G, or A.

For more information on these problems with connections I would like you to click these links

support.xbox.com/.../cant-connect-to-xbox-live-wizard

support.xbox.com/.../error-cant-connect-wireless-network-978945
Thema:

1. Wireless Gaming Adapters: Connecting Xbox Live to a Xbox 360 - Similar Threads - Wireless Gaming Adapters

2. If is an xbox wireless controller better in Xbox cloud gaming?

in XBoX on Consoles
    If is an xbox wireless controller better in Xbox cloud gaming?: I play xbox cloud gaming with dualshock 4 via Bluetooth and usb as well. All features works well, including vibration. But I wonder if there are some advantages of playing xbox cloud gaming with...
  3. Xbox app not recognizing my xbox 360 controller (wireless) but I've been playing games with it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox app not recognizing my xbox 360 controller (wireless) but I've been playing games with it?: My PC is on windows 11. I have my Xbox 360 controller connected via the 'Xbox 360 wireless receiver for windows' the controller works fine for all games, I have just completed the Halo Master...
  4. steelseries arctis 7x wireless gaming headset for xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    steelseries arctis 7x wireless gaming headset for xbox one: steelseries arctis 7x wireless gaming headset for xbox one how reconnected on Xbox one with out plug wire to headset to the controller 6a87487c-dc74-43ab-9150-4e6b796dfe63
  5. Xbox wireless headphones cannot hear other players talking while gaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headphones cannot hear other players talking while gaming: Hi team, My Xbox wireless headset cannot hear other players talking while gaming. We have reset the settings and have altered the left ear cup so that it is in the middle position but still not...
  6. Xbox wireless adapter is controlling everything on the computer instead of just the game...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless adapter is controlling everything on the computer instead of just the game...: Its an adapter for the xbox controller and nothing else. and in before "have you tried this on another computer or laptop" i don't have a back up pc to test this on. I just got my pc repaired and...
  7. Wireless headset not working- no sound from his COD game nor can anyone hear him talking??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless headset not working- no sound from his COD game nor can anyone hear him talking??: My son recently got a wireless headset for Christmas (use to have a wired headset). The first headset we took back to the store because we thought it was the headset. But now that the second...
  8. Xbox Elite Wireless Gaming Controller Series 2 Core won't connect via bluetooth on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Gaming Controller Series 2 Core won't connect via bluetooth on PC: I just bought an Xbox Elite Wireless Gaming Controller Series 2 Core for my PC use. The Bluetooth works fine at the beginning. But the Xbox bar shows up whenever I push the A button. So I...
  9. Audio mixer between chat and game on xbox wireless headset doesn’t work.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio mixer between chat and game on xbox wireless headset doesn’t work.: Hi, I have a problem with the xbox wireless headset. I can properly hear sound from the game and chat too but if i try to mix these channel (with the left wheel of the headset) it remains the...
  10. Can I have my XBox S use a wireless DisplayPort adapter to display games on a different...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I have my XBox S use a wireless DisplayPort adapter to display games on a different...: To be clear, I am not wanting stream display TO the XBox, but rather stream the XBox display over wifi to a wireless display adapter? Most of what I have seen has to do with streaming content to...